IMG_20180216_190124 (resized).jpg
IMG_6796 (resized).JPG
IMG_6793 (resized).JPG
IMG_6790 (resized).JPG
IMG_6795 (resized).JPG
IMG_6792 (resized).JPG
IMG_6791 (resized).JPG
IMG_6787 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandalf37j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

WOW ! that's fantastic!
appreciated very very much ...
will leave Vegas/States back home, today, and hope to get tomy game romm and have some hand's on this week, either Tuesday, Friday, or next week (1st full week of Feb.)

I keep you posted

#8 6 years ago

as a quick/short update.
had (very) little time to have a look yesterday, unfortunately not as long as I wanted.
so, J10-1 is not wired, but checked with measurement instrument the 12V are there (expected this). also, J7-1 not wired (again expected), but as far as I could measure - it seems to have "triggered impulses" when disc should run...BUT have to verify this closer.

as side note:
- it seems LE code and Pro code binary has nearly the same size
- in PRO you have a setting to disable Ice man Ramp motor

THIS with the -little first checks, above- let me hope, that the spinning disk "logic" is also in the PRO code ...
may be it's not worth it, but hope dies last - right?

just saw a you tube video, hadn't before realized that the disk runs more often without active magnet, than with magnet enabled.

2 weeks later
#10 6 years ago

It's spinning !!!
... but just as a test ... and as soon as Power is switched on ...

see Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn74ckitjqd4z04/VID_20180216_190212.mp4?dl=0
(if you watch the video - I know, the disk is not centred yet, have to adjust some screws)

as an update.
I took the game from my "man cave" to our flat - got permission by my wife to "work" in the living room, till the "mod" is working.

Thank to profession pinball I was able to understand the wiring and how it works.
While checking cabling on the X-Men Pro I realized, that there is a molex connector providing the 24VAC for the disk - see picture.
This come from J11

Next thing to come - cable the relay, I have it here and it's clear to me how it works ...

hopefully next update will be end of next week, latest.

once more - thanks for the support here

IMG_20180216_190124 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_190124 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180216_190131 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_190131 (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

and another update ...
Relay wired - J7-1 and J7-9, just to test if coil atrract, but nothing happened, wires are contacted through - checked with analyzer.

so, close to "heat attack" that the feature will not work....

unless I remembered a defect, due to a power short cut, that happened when I didn't paid attention during installing an other mod more than a year ago.

Turns out that there are two more transistors defect, as the broken one that I swapped back these days.

and "YEAH !" - bad luck, but absolute "fine" for me - one defect one is Q23 - responsible for triggering the Disk Motor.

so there's still hope ... to make this working without any additional hardware

Hope to solve this tomorrow afternoon.
(think I have spare transistors to fix it)

keep the friction high, if the relay will be triggered - or not.

(as always, apologize my English - hope it's understandable what I want to say )

#15 6 years ago

not, yet, as I have some strange behavior of checking the transistors ...
yesterday when I use the analyzer, I thought Q23 and Q26 are defect ... (measure metal back plane of the transistor against ground in diode testing mode)
before soldering, today, made another test:
I get different results on those two - with J7 connected, they seem to be defect, but if J7 removed, all transistors (including Q23 and Q26) are equal = good ...
so that's a little bit confusing.

unfortunately family wanted some attention, so I wasn't able to check this behavior.

#16 6 years ago

so .. switched transistor, looks good now.

unfortunately, no voltage triggered.

I used for testing the "scenario", when the magneto multi ball starts ...
measured with analyzer direct at the J7-9 and J7-1 pin, but also with the relay connected ...
no voltage, no relay activity ...

I don't think I made any big mistake here, so my conclusion is that the Q23 isn't triggered in the PRO software

moving forward to plan B with the PinLightShield

beside starting a new job 1st of March, and getting up to speed there, it seem I have to learn programming Arduino
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/always-wanted-to-build-your-own-pinball-lightmod

till this works, I'm wondering if there might be an interim solution, triggering the motor relay through another transistor...
e.g. I realized that J2 and J3 might be of interest

on J2 I have at Pin 1-2-3 20VDC measured
The manual (white) page 10, state it should be 50, 50,20VDC ... also the color code isn't matching ... this fit's to J2-6,7,8

hmmm.... we'll see

#18 6 years ago

the "general setup" is working.
(tested with J2-3 to trigger the Relay)

The Flasher Impulses are too short to make the motor spinning continuously.

This Relay works fine ...
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-6700-00

#20 6 years ago

yes, thought about using the magnet for triggering ... "original" this was the first idea.
use the disk in parallel.
but 1st the Disk motor is ac, and 2nd the relay is 24VDC while the magnet is 50VDV ...
so thinking about using a little voltage step-down PCB to make the magnets "usable"

and meanwhile learning Arduino
(and using an additional step-up PCB to bring PinLightShield's 12V to 24V for the relay)

#21 6 years ago

just as a small update, finished cleaning and adding play-field protector to the game (of course had to cut a disc hole into the pro protector) ...
due to job change and some traveling I expect some results with the PinLightShield by End of March

#22 6 years ago

Hi, for those who are interested ...

Disc is spinning and working with PinLightShield and a very, very, very ... did I mention very ? Basic script ...

meaning physics setup, now the big challenge is to define, program / the logic ...

very basic meaning, for testing and understanding how Arduino/PinLightShield work, I just configure the the disc spins if Villain insert is on.
(make no sense, I know)

MANY thanks to Herbert (Biglebowski) showing me the basic of the programming
as well as to Eric ,thread opener, lyonsden - for looking at the physical wiring

and it's not over, I keep you posted with updates, and a video -will make it during the weekend-

#25 6 years ago

yes, as written, the logic is in Arduino Code , seem to be C++ like ... which is a mystery for me anyway

but Herbert wrote a function library which help to simplify things and it is public through his PinLightShield GitHub

https://github.com/BigLebowski59/PinLightShield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gandalf37j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmle-disk-motor-wiring?tu=gandalf37j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.