(Topic ID: 156653)

XMLE Blue GI Lights Out

By charles4400

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Got my XMLE out of storage, fired her up and in switch coil test noticed that the blue GI lights are all out. I hear the 'click' sound when testing in COil test (#46 I believe) but no blue lights.

I have power coming out of the 8 power driver aux board (there is a dc reading for the left side pins) but no blue lights.

Any help on where to start looking?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2 7 years ago

Found the issue in case anyone ever has this problem:

The Blue Gi lights are from the orange-blue line. This connects to one of the connectors of one of the relays. A wire from that relay was barely soldered on and came loose. That was the issue.Just resoldered. Blue lights back on again.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks. Ya i just realized most of my limited electrical/board troubleshooting is done on wms/bally games, i think ive only dealt with mechanical issues with modern sterns.

Looking at the boards and electrical in the newer stern manuals was really different to me than wms manuals so kinda threw me off.

I guess this also ended up being a mechanical issue afterall but finding where to start was the hard part!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmle-blue-gi-light-out?tu=charles4400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.