New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 153286)

Xmen Wolverine assemble help!!!

By J_Striker

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TronSequelFlynn_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I am uninstalling the Newton ball mod and putting the wolverine figure back on this Xmen. I bought it with the mod on so I don't know exactly how the wolverine figure attaches to the playfield. Can someone post up some close ups of the underside assembly. Not sure if they are different but I have the LE model. Thanks in advance

#2 4 years ago

We've been talking about adding the Newton ball mod. It seems most people like that mod. May I ask the reason you do not like the mod? It may help us not make a mistake by changing to it.

#3 4 years ago

I just prefer to have the figure on the pf. Shoot me a pm and I will sell you the one I have

#4 4 years ago

got my pics from a local friend... thanks

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

We've been talking about adding the Newton ball mod. It seems most people like that mod. May I ask the reason you do not like the mod? It may help us not make a mistake by changing to it.

Keep in mind the LE Wolverine figure placement is different then the pro. On LE it tightens the left loop shot by about a quarter of an inch. The Newton ball is a must add for the LE IMHO.

Quoted from J_Striker:

I just prefer to have the figure on the pf. Shoot me a pm and I will sell you the one I have

The figure is a real PITA to install & uninstall. You may want to keep in mind the figure will break eventually. May take some time but after a while you'll notice cracking in the corners on the back where he attatches to the post. On the Pro the wolverine figure placement didn't bother me but I did have to buy another wolverine when mine started cracking.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The Newton ball is a must add for the LE IMHO.

Disagree!!!

I love that big ugly bash toy!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Disagree!!!

Keeping the LE wolverine figure where it is stock makes the game play poorly and played a role in many pinheads having a negative feel about the pin IMO. That shot was not intended to be that tight they had to adjust figure due to moving ramp making an already tight shot tighter. No doubt I'd move or replace figure if I had an LE. To each their own some like an accessible loop shot some don't

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Keeping the LE wolverine figure where it is stock makes the game play poorly and played a role in many pinheads having a negative feel about the pin IMO. That shot was not intended to be that tight they had to adjust figure due to moving ramp making an already tight shot tighter. No doubt I'd move or replace figure if I had an LE. To each their own some like an accessible loop shot some don't

Im going to leave the stock Wolvy in the Xmen I just picked up, Im going to send you pictures of it daily. Might have an extra flanker body part in it.....

Dude abides face at my pics

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Disagree!!!

I like the concept of him too. He looks good there.

But he was made too big ... 2/3rds the size would have been good IMO.

And the figure was incorrectly positioned on the LE, as the Dude said. And he breaks. Then he flops around and blocks the shots totally. And his arm falls down and blocks the ball.

All a bit of a bummer. The only downside to one of the best Stern pins.

rd

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I like the concept of him too. He looks good there.
But he was made too big ... 2/3rds the size would have been good IMO.
And the figure was incorrectly positioned on the LE, as the Dude said. And he breaks. Then he flops around and blocks the shots totally. And his arm falls down and blocks the ball.
All a bit of a bummer. The only downside to one of the best Stern pins.
rd

I hot glued the crap out of his back when it broke on my last one, I like the tight lanes to shoot into.

#11 4 years ago

Fair enough cool pin, but I think LE owners do it a real injustice keeping figure in stock location. I don't dislike the look of the figure at all but hate the way it negatively effects gameplay on the LE. LE Shoots way better by either adjusting figure or installing the Newton ball. I'm shocked that Tiger has not already made some adjustments there!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I like the tight lanes to shoot into.

I bet that's what you say to all the ladies .....

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
3,695 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rutledge, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside