(Topic ID: 63390)

XMEN vs AVENGERS really Xmen gets ranked higher?

By musketd

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XMLEW.jpg
DSC09444.JPG
HulkLe_034.jpg
HInserts_005.jpg
HInserts_004.jpg
Hulkmod_V1_002.jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I don't know why Avengers get so much hate , it's an amazing pinball ,it's a modern day Monster Bash pinball has the same rules....to collect each avenger you need to shoot that certain shot several times just like Monster Bash ....Gorge Gomes thought he would make a modern Monster Bash and personally I think he archived it perfectly , I really love my Avengers pinball , I've played Xmen and I also like it but if I get to choose only one I will choose Avengers all the way ....
I think the Avengers pinball will be more popular with time just like ironman . When ironman came out nobody liked it, it had a huge hate club , and now that more people tried it out everyone wants one and its even on the top 30 pinballs of all time . Xmen and Avengers will raise in the pinball ranks easily very soon .all I can say is " Avengers assemble !!! "

^^ this. Second paragraph is as true as ever uttered on Pinside.

And to Hawkeye, yes, I'm saying that about every pin, not just Avengers. You need to plays a nice example and play it alot to have a clue. Same logic as why you don't get married after your first date.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

^^ this. Second paragraph is as true as ever uttered on Pinside.
And to Hawkeye, yes, I'm saying that about every pin, not just Avengers. You need to plays a nice example and play it alot to have a clue. Same logic as why you don't get married after your first date.

I don't know. I had a colonoscopy once and that was enough for me to know I really didn't want another one. It doesn't make sense to me anyway that TAV will get popular like IM did which is what Monarca seems to be saying. First time I played IM I loved it. That wasn't my experience with TAV. Hey, it's just pinball though.

#103 10 years ago

Throw an external sub or FF speaker set in avengers and the sound and music alone will have you captivated in this pin.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Throw an external sub or FF speaker set in Avengers and the sound and music alone will have you captivated in this pin.

Agreed. I just put a Flipper Fidelity set in my Hulk LE and it rocks. It makes the feel of the shaker motor a totally different experience.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Throw an external sub or FF speaker set in Avengers and the sound and music alone will have you captivated in this pin.

If someone comes over to my house, plays my AVLE and leaves saying it blows...then Ill believe them. More likely, however, they'll start looking for one...and changing their rating.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I don't know. I had a colonoscopy once and that was enough for me to know I really didn't want another one. It doesn't make sense to me anyway that TAV will get popular like IM did which is what Monarca seems to be saying. First time I played IM I loved it. That wasn't my experience with TAV. Hey, it's just pinball though.

Hey, I loved IM from the get go too. Sorry for calling you a troll. I just really don't get the people that think TAV blows...so I think something must be missing.

#107 10 years ago

...so I think something must be missing.

Basic understanding of how people work it would seem, with an elevated personal arrogance added in.

No worries, quite common in this hobby.

#108 10 years ago

Hey, I loved I'm from the get go too. Sorry for calling you a troll. I just really don't get the people that think TAV blows...so I think something must be missing.

If you play a shitty one, it blows.
If you play a good one, it's fun.

Just like any pin, really.
There's also the judgement of the game based on playing vs. buying NIB vs. buying used. Much of the initial Avengers scorn (from me included) was based on pre-ordering or buying NIB. It entered the world with a lot of drama attached to it already. TF drama. Xmen code drama. Art & voice drama. Then its own QC drama.

Take away all the drama, prices, etc...when the game is in good shape, it's fun and feels really nice to shoot. I hope those who played a crap one can play a good one.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you play a shitty one, it blows.
If you play a good one, it's fun.
Just like any pin, really.
There's also the judgement of the game based on playing vs. buying NIB vs. buying used. Much of the initial Avengers scorn (from me included) was based on pre-ordering or buying NIB. It entered the world with a lot of drama attached to it already. TF drama. Xmen code drama. Art & voice drama. Then its own QC drama.
Take away all the drama, prices, etc...when the game is in good shape, it's fun and feels really nice to shoot. I hope those who played a crap one can play a good one.

Mine went from gimped to pimped I'm just waiting for the velvet rope mod.
When you have a game this cherry you don't play it.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Mine went from gimped to pimped I'm just waiting for the velvet rope mod.
When you have a game this cherry you don't play it.

You seem to have so much love for the game...surprising after your sell-off meltdown.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You seem to have so much love for the game...surprising after your sell-off meltdown.

Avengers will do that to you; give it time - you're next Rare

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Avengers will do that to you; give it time - you're next Rare

I def plan on jamming on it for a few months - learning it inside and out. Whether it has staying power, we'll see - I always inventively compare "deep" games to LOTR & TSPP. If I feel like I'd rather be playing one of those, it tends to go bye-bye after a bit. We'll see!

#113 10 years ago

I have lotr and tspp...avengers fits right in and isnt going anywhere...it typically has shorter ball times so good balance. its one of those games that keeps you coming back.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Cyclops->Storm->Iceman->Xavier combo.

That is a amazing combo to pull off, but I really like the Cyclops > Storm > Iceman > Beast > Rogue for the lock combo

#115 10 years ago

Rankings are a joke play what you like.

#116 10 years ago

Well, I just go this sweet custom pingulp so Ill say Avengers is better today.

DSC09444.JPGDSC09444.JPG

#117 10 years ago

Where did you get the pin gulp from Centerflank?

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That looks awesome! Does it come in blue? That's the 1st pingulp I would concider getting. Where did you get it?

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Where did you get the pin gulp from Centerflank?

Quoted from Butch2099:

That looks awesome! Does it come in blue? That's the 1st pingulp I would concider getting. Where did you get it?

TrilogyBeer makes these custom for me, shoot him a pm, he funds his pin purchases creating stuff like this.

#120 10 years ago

Thanks man!

#121 10 years ago

Must have that for my Hulk!

#122 10 years ago

X-Men is still the best Stern to date IMHO... I played the Avengers LE (HULK) at CAX, but it's not even close to X-Men IMHO...

My X-Men LE Wolverine is awesome!

XMLEW.jpgXMLEW.jpg

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That's bad ass!

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's bad ass!

Indeed! I need to find this "TrilogyBeer" and get me one!

Maybe see if he is making any in blue for STLE?

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TrilogyBeer makes these custom for me, shoot him a pm, he funds his pin purchases creating stuff like this.

I've ordered three from Trilogy! Can't wait.

I actually need to order a fourth for my Sorcerer.

#126 10 years ago

Avengers LE will stay in my lineup forever. Amazing game, all I had to say

#127 10 years ago

HULK smash puny xmen

#128 10 years ago

X-men is my favorite. X-men assemble!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-vs-avengers-really-xmen-gets-ranked-higher/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.