Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Chudmeat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wolv_mag_switch.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago

I don't know why, but I'm hoping the Blob makes an appearance.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

but I'm hoping the Blob makes an appearance.

He was apart of the brotherhood.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Tron didn't have a premium and it did well

The diff in XMEN PRO to XMEN LE vs TRON PRO to TRON LE is alot bigger...

#104 11 years ago

Anyone else find the fact that the four ball multiball wacks Wolverine around strange. Dude! Give the guy some space... And what happens on the pro? STDM with all four balls or what?

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep in mind there will be about 800 voice calls in this game...we've only heard maybe 10 in this video?

Exactly Greg. I was the first one to post my disappointment with the voice work that I heard in the video (in the main X-Men thread), but I also said I want to hear more....and in context. Could make quite a difference.

#106 11 years ago

I hope it tanks, so I can get one super cheap.

You guys with stupid money can keep the LE's...I really don't like what they've done with the extra features. Nightcrawlers is kinda cool, but not for the money. Iceman ramp looks like a TOTAL gimmick for one mode and that's it, and then to top it all off, the spinner, since they made a decision to have it go at a slower speed, doesn't give that crazy Twister/Lost In Space action of balls going everywhere.

Did anyone else notice how many times in that video that the spinner did not grip the balls very well, or at ALL? And when it had 4 balls locked, it was WHAP WHAP WHAP on the side of wolverine?

#107 11 years ago

I really hope I can get over the voices, I was going to buy a pro, now I'm not sure. The only voice I like is Rogue .

#108 11 years ago

Well the good news is it seems Stern is no longer cookie cutting their pins. Even though I'm not a huge x-men fan I think they did a pretty fantastic job on this game. When I saw those night crawler pop ups, Immediately I thought about the trolls from MM. And I think that moving ramp, spinning disc, magnets etc.. those toys / gimmicks have all been already utilized but sterns jamming in a nice amount of them into one game. Game seems to play VERY FAST. Between JJP and Stern I think things are just heating up. I'm excited to know what's next and on the horizon.

#109 11 years ago

WTF Wolverine says "I'm the best at what I do" ?

Did anyone notice that the Blackbird scoop plastic is missing (hope they have a better representation than the first photos).

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And when it had 4 balls locked, it was WHAP WHAP WHAP on the side of wolverine?

Finally! My point exactly two posts up.

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

\
    I don't see anything groundbreaking and i question the flow on Xmen. Hoping im wrong. Even so I will get the Pro.
    Does the bridge block the view?

It's certainly more groundbreaking than AC/DC (ok, groundbreaking is the wrong word, but it certainly has more to offer (pop up targets, bash target, two magnets, moving ramp, sweet fast feeding VUK, etc.). I haven't seen ANYTHING groundbreaking in pinball in over 10 years, so what's the point? Explain a game that has had something "groundbreaking" in that time frame. Lots of great games produced also. If anything, X-men is more groundbreaking in the fact that it's all original, the first to do this in a very long time!

I don't think we'll know how the bridge blocks the view until we get to play it. But it doesn't appear to be a problem from the pics/video.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

I really hope I can get over the voices, I was going to buy a pro, now I'm not sure. The only voice I like is Rogue .

I'm up in the air about the speech also, but if it bothers me, I'll just go into the menu system and turn down the speech or turn up the music.. or both. I think I can live with it if the speech call outs aren't as prominent as they will most likely be at stock settings.

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from ozno:

Looks like they made a really deep game. Love it all. They crammed as much stuff as possible into this game. I like the figurines.

Agree. The code on this one should make it a great Home game! I'm liking what I see up to this point!

And I also like the figures. After all, it's a comic pin, and it looks like a comic pin. Totally happy with that!

#114 11 years ago

I've watched it 3 times now, too. Once with my 9 year old (who would rather it be based on the movies LOL). The voices bug me, but we will see how it is in person. The shoot this over and over rules also annoy me. I haven't seen Mummite say if Steve Blum was involved or not. He was working with him on another game and was going to ask. I do love the dots. That Beast sequence is fantastic. Showing him in original 60's form, then poof, 90's form, poof, current form. Nice. I also love the massive amount of features in this one. Also hoping there is something to achieve if you complete both Danger Room and Dark Phoenix.

#115 11 years ago

Here's my take on the voices; first few voices sound great. The ones that sound 'iffy' are the ones at the end. But those voices were bare, meaning no background noise or music. If you were to play the voice call outs to some top pins by themselves they tend to sound out of place. Bottom line....we neeeed more!

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

The ones that sound 'iffy' are the ones at the end. But those voices were bare, meaning no background noise or music. If you were to play the voice call outs to some top pins by themselves they tend to sound out of place. Bottom line....we neeeed more!

Great point, and kind of goes to what I was saying about hearing the voices in "context".

#117 11 years ago

Did you notice in the reflection of this picture that Wolverine is where Magneto should be... I wonder after watching the video that maybe there were thinking of switching the 2 figures and Wolverine would lock the balls and magneto would have the balls go crazy after hitting him, like others mentioned earlier in the post.

wolv_mag_switch.jpgwolv_mag_switch.jpg

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Did you notice in the reflection of this picture that Wolverine is where Magneto should be... I wonder after watching the video that maybe there were thinking of switching the 2 figures and Wolverine would lock the balls and magneto would have the balls go crazy after hitting him, like others mentioned earlier in the post.

Um, Magneto is there covered up by packing material, and Wolverine is where he's supposed to be. Nice try though!

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Um, Magneto is there covered up by packing material, and Wolverine is where he's supposed to be. Nice try though!

Looks to me like Wolverine should be lower closer to the flippers, the reflection shows him closer to the DMD...

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Looks to me like Wolverine should be lower closer to the flippers, the reflection shows him closer to the DMD...

If you look at the black blob (packing material) that's closest to the DMD, that's covering up Magneto. You can see a little bit of the red sticking out behind it. Wolvy is in front of that black packing blob.

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Don't you see Magneto's head? It's the big red thing reflecting at the bottom (meaning nearer) of the DMD.

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

WTF Wolverine says "I'm the best at what I do" ?
    Did anyone notice that the Blackbird scoop plastic is missing (hope they have a better representation than the first photos).

I guess he did in Marvel vs Capcom 3 also:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/i3Kqfhk5DFg?autoplay=1&rel=0

1:42 mark

I also noticed that the Blackbird plastic WAS there. It's right there above the scoop where it was on all of the promo pictures. There is also a clear plastic above it that may have been confusing you.

#123 11 years ago

Ya I see Magnetos head now! Guess the angle threw me off...in fact the angle is still throwing me off!

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from charles4400:

Ya I see Magnetos head now! Guess the angle threw me off...in fact the angle is still throwing me off!

Save the image and then mirror it....it's a little less confusing then.

#125 11 years ago

I really don't get why people think Magneto and Wolverine should be switched.
    Magneto - controls metal (locks balls, spins balls around, captures balls on magnet)
    Wolverine - Slashes at the ball with his claws(hence the magnet in front of him to send the ball out of control)

#126 11 years ago

I understand why Borg was the one narrating the video, but he sure does seem depressed in his narration. I would love to see someone with a little more passion in his speaking talking about the machine. Outside of that, the game does look fun, and I can't wait to try it out.

#127 11 years ago

I thought the video was great and more than I expected. Can't wait for my wolverine edition!

Borg did a great job, you can see he's not a professional speaker but there is nobody better to pitch the game.

The voices were not great but if that the main thing people are complaining about then I think Stern has a winner.

#128 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

The voices were not great but if that the main thing people are complaining about then I think Stern has a winner.

Exactly agree.

#129 11 years ago

I know not everyone agrees but the voices are pretty important. I think of the speech/music combo in LOTR. To me that makes the game so well done! As for the rules I really dont see the shoot over and over? yes there are some things you must hit repeatdely to accomplish some goals, but there are also several modes which he didnt seem to get into. I had to choose between this and AC/DC and since I didnt get a chance to play this and I knew I enjoyed AC/DC I went with that. X-men looks to be a great game too though. I think anyone who bought an LE will be able to get their money back and then some if they dont like it as its a pretty rare title. I probably should have bought one played it for a little and sold it

#130 11 years ago

Looks fun, but definitely not worth it to me $$-wise. The voices and large toys are kind of meh to me. Some dots looked great, others so so.

I think liscensed titles are easier for us to notice subtleties though. We have pre-conceived notions of what we expect x,y, and z to look/sound like and if doesn't fit it easy for us disregard and therefore criticize vs. an original theme. The fact that it is X-Men and there have been more iterations of the concept than probably any liscensed pin further compounds these notions.

With that said, my initial statement holds in that it doesn't sound like I'd expect it to and some of the dots don't look like I'd want them to (i.e.Magneto eh, really like Prof X dots).

I would have liked three smaller toys.

#131 11 years ago

This game looks great!! I anticipated the haters, every stern release has them. But I'm sorry, this game has a lot of potential and just looks amazing so far.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

This game looks great!! I anticipated the haters, every stern release has them. But I'm sorry, this game has a lot of potential and just looks amazing so far.

Your correct regarding the haters but, they typically have just as many or more raving fanboys.

#133 11 years ago

I'm confused.

Who's the programmer of this game?

Who's the game designer of this game?

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-video/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.