Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Chudmeat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wolv_mag_switch.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

#2 11 years ago

Cooool!~

#3 11 years ago

Looks awesome. I hate Wolverine's voice in the game though.

#4 11 years ago

john borg also designed 'lost in space', which has a similar magnetic spinning disc to begin multiball. pretty cool toy!

-jon - reciprocal nyc

#5 11 years ago

It seems kinda "cave". J/K, can't wait to play it!

Randy

#6 11 years ago

Looks like there is a lot to do.

#7 11 years ago

I will say it again. One of the top 3 Stern's of all time right here. LOTR and SM may still be a little better...just maybe? Will be better than TRON for sure! The game is Tron meets IM and has a baby that eats a MM for breakfast and then starts taking steroids.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

I will say it again. One of the top 3 Stern's of all time right here. LOTR and SM may still be a little better...just maybe? Will be better than TRON for sure! The game is Tron meets IM and has a baby that eats a MM for breakfast and then starts taking steroids.

Boy I hope your right, for what these new machines cost I could do alot of other things with the money. I'm on-board with a Wolverine LE and am happy with the game in the video. I also have Tron LE and love the game-play. I had a LOTR and miss it and filled the void with this one.

#10 11 years ago

The DOTS look great. Gameplay looks fun with a lot to do with x-men and villians. Should be a lot of fun. Can't wait to get mine.

#11 11 years ago

Love the DOTS, voices so-so, but gameplay looks very fast with lots of stuff to shoot for. I really like the Nightcrawler popups, the challenge of hitting the moving targets is going to be a lot of fun imo.

#12 11 years ago

I think the game itself seems great, tons of modes, shots etc...the voices and music not as much

#13 11 years ago

Hmmm quite original, not a bad job at all. Lets hope the wizard mode is added when this gets released.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

I hate Wolverine's voice in the game though.

All the voices sounded odd to me, but I grew up w/ the TV show animated series.

#15 11 years ago

I'm hoping the voice work will come across better when we get to hear it in a more cohesive manner than is presented in the video.

#16 11 years ago

Honestly it sounds like the same voice for Wolverine and Magneto?? There sure are a lot of modes in this game though I will tell you that!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Honestly it sounds like the same voice for Wolverine and Magneto?

Sounded that way to me as well.

#18 11 years ago

I was waffling between Pro and LE. This pretty much sealed an LE buy for me. Looks great! I'm liking the (apparent) depth to the game, and speed looks good.

Time to order the mylar 'Doc Oc' circles in preparation!

#19 11 years ago

This pin does look good. Glad they kept with the comic book and not the movie style heroes. Love that rotating ramp, just wish the Nightcrawler shots were toy figures like they did with the IM pin. Also, seems like the Magneto shot would have the magnet shots and the Wolverine shot would be the locks. Love to have this one!

#20 11 years ago

The voice work sounded meh... I actually thought the dots were a bit on the weak side?

The main reason I backed out of my purchase was confirmed with the video. Those bash toys.. WAY too large and glossy. Very strange looking.

#21 11 years ago

I don't have the same "GOTTA HAVE ONE" feeling that I get when I think about AFM, SM or LOTR but it looks like it will be an entertaining game. I am so thankful my best pin buddy ordered one!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Time to order the mylar 'Doc Oc' circles in preparation!

I was going to ask how to protect this area from wear?

#23 11 years ago

Hate the voices, love the modes, love the gameplay (deflecting magnets and flippers). I love that they brought back some of the fun parts of pinball, like the magnetic spinning disc, and the "MM troll targets". Some good stuff going on here, hoping gameworks gets this title.

#24 11 years ago

Not crazy about the spinning disk. It seems a bit lacking unlike the disk in Lost in Space where it keeps the balls tight and the release is all at once. The iceman ramp is not bad at all and seems the flow is good. Getting 10 shots in a row may be very nice with a good payout for each increased shot made. Nightcrawler...can take it or leave it IMO. The voices are horrid. They sound very funny to me but no matter bc i was never a big X-Men fan. All in all the game looks good and looks to play very well. Might have to pick one up but im still on the fence. The only thing holding me back is money right now. The wolverine magnet might be a big ball drainer being close to the flippers and throwing the ball very randomly. I hate when the ball comes out of the spinning disk in Tron and drains, and thats at the top of the PF. I know apples to oranges but my point is I hate when balls drain period lol.

Like Gorilla said Im not feeling the "GOTTA HAVE ONE" at the moment.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I don't have the same "GOTTA HAVE ONE" feeling that I get when I think about AFM, SM or LOTR but it looks like it will be an entertaining game.

And you got that feeling with Dorothy and Toto? Crap I almost kept WoZ out of this thread, shame on me.

I think X-men looks SWEET I am excited for it, now gimmeeee my game already Stern and get working on the next one so I can blow my money again and again and again.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

And you got that feeling with Dorothy and Toto?

I purchased THAT machine from information describing it.
    Honestly, the video from WOZ being so incomplete, I wouldn't be getting a gotta have one feeling there either.

As I said though, I bought mine on a promise of quality and innovation. I have questioned my reasoning again and again.

However, I haven't been impressed with Stern since SM. Even IM, which I do like a lot, isn't a game I want to own. XM does look very promising though. I am serious when I indicate excitement over my neighbor getting one. I get to try it and not invest anything but gas money! Well....maybe beer money, too.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

However, I haven't been impressed with Stern since SM.

#28 11 years ago

I'm sorry, but does anyone else want to throw-up every time they see that that Wolverine toy?

#29 11 years ago

It is just an opinion, Rob. I know several peeps love some of the newer games. I don't. I would have loved AC/DC without the giant Devil head in the middle of it...

I have actually been wavering on an XM purchase for a couple of months. If my friend had not purchased, I probably would have

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I'm sorry, but does anyone else want to throw-up every time they see that that Wolverine toy?

Not as bad as i want to every time a ball bounces out of the mode start on WMS IJ lol

#31 11 years ago

I think the game looks good - I think the animation looks good. I guess because I never watch the comics or read the books I don't know how wolverine or magneto should sound (I do agree wolverine could sound tougher). I originally wished for the nightcrawlers to be molded like MM but I am ok with them now. I don't think anyone (like Backalley) will be able to create molded ones because of the licensing, so they are what they are. The ramp looks cool and so does the magnet under wolverine. I was hoping for a faster spin on the magnet spinner but maybe that would cause it to be too random and destructive.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Not as bad as i want to every time a ball bounces out of the mode start on WMS IJ lol

HAHA! So true! My machines mode start has been "fixed" though. Bounces out maybe 15% of the time.

Also, I can't remember the last time I tried to hit it from right flipper. I've become a God at sinking that puppy with the left. Lot's less velocity. It just kind of ploops in there

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I don't like it either and though may sound shallow to some, is the main reason why I pulled to plug on my pre-order ambitions once I seen the playfield picture. It was easier for me to do since I was never a big X-men fan to begin with, just got overly excited regarding the hype and wanting a NIB.

#34 11 years ago

My daughter saw the pics and loves that Wolverine. Works for me!

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Yup!

#36 11 years ago

Nothing I saw in that video made me wish I hadnt bought one. Its only a teaser video. I think to make any rash judgements off of it is quite premature. Voices may not be what some were expecting but i've heard much worse (BDK). I cant wait for it to get here as it seems there is a lot to do on this table.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I guess if someone really hated Wolverine that'd be the case. But then, they wouldn't be that interested in an XM pin in that case.

It seems most enjoy having the Wolverine toy as an interactive focal point of the playfield.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

there is a lot to do on this table.

Completely agree. I really like the VUK to the ramp, too. I may have used the wrong terminology but hopefully made my point?

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

It is just an opinion, Rob. I know several peeps love some of the newer games. I don't.

I understand that it is just an opinion. But as you seem to acknowledge, I think that is a minority view and certainly not one that I personally share. No hard feelings or anything, I always respect that people will have differing views/opinions. I just find it surprising and hard to believe that you aren't impressed with *any* of the following: IM, AC/DC, Tron, TF, Avatar, BBH, or BDK.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I think to make any rash judgements off of it is quite premature.

So, I shouldn't rate it a perfect 10 quite yet?

Oh yeah, that's after 5 plays I get to do that, then bitch at anyone else who doesn't rate it a perfect 10. Then, for the next two months straight, jump into every thread, berate anyone who says anything bad about it, and remind them they know nothing.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

I am still not a big fan. I am not a fan of the Balrog in LOTR either, thought it looked pretty cheesy at first, but it has grown on me. I am sure Wolvie will to.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

This pin does look good. Glad they kept with the comic book and not the movie style heroes. Love that rotating ramp, just wish the Nightcrawler shots were toy figures like they did with the IM pin. Also, seems like the Magneto shot would have the magnet shots and the Wolverine shot would be the locks. Love to have this one!

That's what I thought! The "up-posts" that make the captive ball should be Wolverines claws and the magnet is magneto! Anyways...seems like inferior MM "Trolls" and inferior TOTAN "Genie" to me, although layout and everything else seems pretty cool. If they only upped their quality for the prices they are asking (or lowered their pricing to the quality it is) it would be a big winner. As it stands, I can't justify the price.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

So, I shouldn't rate it a perfect 10 quite yet?

Oh yeah, that's after 5 plays I get to do that, then bitch at anyone else who doesn't rate it a perfect 10. Then, for the next two months straight, jump into every thread, berate anyone who says anything bad about it, and remind them they know nothing.

Rest assured, there will be many many more who rate it a 5 or 6 without even seeing it to make sure it doesn't pass up their B/W title in the rankings. Tron has never recovered from the smashing it took in the rankings after it was No. 1; nor will it.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

IM, AC/DC, Tron, TF, Avatar, BBH, or BDK.

Well...I have acknowledged liking IM. Just said I would love AC/DC without the horns. TF and Tron are fun but I wouldn't drive out of my way to play them. BDK I owned but found it just slightly lacking. Never played Avatar and BBH pisses me off!

Maybe "impressed" is the wrong word. I LOVE playing ANY game. Heck, I even put in $2 when I played BBH (that was hard)

I just have not had that feeling of NEEDING a Stern game since SM. I am also fickle when it comes to machines so even I don't put a lot in to my opinions...

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Need some kleenex with that dry humping?

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Need some kleenex with that dry humping?

No, I am OK.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Wow Great DOTS!

Dots are really nice, voices are...not really nice.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I understand that it is just an opinion. But as you seem to acknowledge, I think that is a minority view and certainly not one that I personally share. No hard feelings or anything, I always respect that people will have differing views/opinions. I just find it surprising and hard to believe that you aren't impressed with *any* of the following: IM, AC/DC, Tron, TF, Avatar, BBH, or BDK.

You had me until BBH.

#49 11 years ago

Very glad to see real dots. Still think the giant plastic toys detract from the overall visuals. Agree with the consensus on the mediocre voice callouts. Seems like maybe things are a little too tight in the middle there, it looked like the balls were getting knocked off the disc by Wolverine's elbow before it got spun up.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tron has never recovered from the smashing it took in the rankings after it was No. 1; nor will it.

Hardly a surprise... Since there are little-to-no on-location games, ratings for new machines will first done by owners (higher than average ratings), then later filled in by others who get a chance to try it out over time.... a couple years before ratings truly even out for all new pins.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.