IMG_20130312_201301.jpg
smiley-face-poke.gif
DSC04062.JPG
DSC04060.JPG
the_bad_guy.JPG
the_good_guys.JPG
2013-03-03_22-12-36_698_(2)_(800x449)..jpg
X-MenAtQ_(800x600).jpg
There are 1,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.
#1201 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Mb progression for both Optimus and megaton configurable in settings.

Sounds like a bit of an anticlimax if that's all they've done with some superficial tweaks to sound and shaker motor... surely they've fixed the right orbit shot which fails to be recognised if the ball comes down the left orbit after getting nudged off Starscream's footplate...?

At least they've made the MB progress memory a configuarble setting so that people who don't want to dumb-down their game and retain the incredible sense of achievement of beating OP and Megs can still get the benefits of the bug fixes (assuming there are any)... now that IS good news...

Any significant reward for doing modes in the first visit??

Quoted from rotordave:

The two different high score charts is genius. Very good idea.

Let's face it, that should have been there from the beginning... It was one of the earliest gripes relayed to Stern I believe... It's great that it's finally here though and sounds like the best thing the code update has to offer from what I've heard so far... I'm hoping it will be beaten by at least some decent reward to doing modes in the first visit!!!!!!!!??????

#1202 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey, he owned the pin, so at least he has a basis for his opinion. He ain't hating on it for the sake of hating on it.
Anyway, I wish that Stern would release the read me file. Interested in seeing exactly what they fixed and changed.

He famously sold his XM in a fire sale so he could afford Avengers for the lowest price one had been sold for at the time, and that was months ago.

So the fact that he now pops into every XM thread with snide remarks, or nonsensical statements he thinks are witty, leads me to believe he actually is hating on it for the sake of hating on it, or has some odd separate agenda related to buyer's remorse or the fear of it.

He hasn't even experienced the last two code updates, so what other purpose is there for his negative one-liners in XM code update threads?

#1203 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Sounds like a bit of an anticlimax if that's all they've done with some superficial tweaks to sound and shaker motor... surely they've fixed the right orbit shot which fails to be recognised if the ball comes down the left orbit after getting nudged off Starscream's footplate...?

I'm sure there is a lot more to the update then what I mentioned. I didn't even get to play a whole game on it at the time. Pretty much updated and played for a minute. The sounds and shaker effects were just stuff I noticed right away.

#1205 11 years ago

Good job patting your own back HighNoon ;p

Spent a lot of time with XMEN LE last night, and the game is definitely much improved. The modes are more exciting, the combo of the villian plus hero is awesome and hellfire / brotherhood seem more accessible now. Apparently my Wolverine however doesnt have regen powers though because during play I somehow managed to knock his right arm off and it never grew back. I was kind enough to glue it back on for him.

#1206 11 years ago

The increased coil power is causing some majorly interesting issues:

Left Sling hop to Iceman Ramp.
Right Sling Hop over the Left Sling, Left Outlane and Drain
Left Sling to Shooter Lane!
Right Sling to Left Return Ramp
Lots of Glass Hits

Does anyone know if reducing the coil power in the setting will also impact the magnet coil power? I like the new magnet supercharged action, but not so much the Slings of Doom.

-Wes

#1207 11 years ago

No kidding, the slings are pretty brutal right now. I am actually thinking of coming up with a seperate power setting for the slings using some additional hardware. My Magneto magnet is not actually consistently grabbing the balls anymore like it used too, but slings are more than happy to bounce a ball into the left outlane.

#1208 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

The increased coil power is causing some majorly interesting issues:
Left Sling hop to Iceman Ramp.
Right Sling Hop over the Left Sling, Left Outlane and Drain
Left Sling to Shooter Lane!
Right Sling to Left Return Ramp
Lots of Glass Hits
Does anyone know if reducing the coil power in the setting will also impact the magnet coil power? I like the new magnet supercharged action, but not so much the Slings of Doom.
-Wes

I played for about 2 hours and haven't had these issues but I have a Pro. Not a single glass hit. Any other owner of a Pro noticing issues like Wes described above? I'll try and update this post if it happens when I get a chance to play it some more.

#1209 11 years ago

I'm not having any overpowered slingshot issues on my LE (Wolv.)

#1210 11 years ago

Maybe this could be differences in the leveling of the game...I keep mine at 6.5 is yours inclined more Wes?

#1211 11 years ago

My slingshots play really well too.
No problems...

#1212 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I played for about 2 hours and haven't had these issues but I have a Pro. Not a single glass hit. Any other owner of a Pro noticing issues like Wes described above? I'll try and update this post if it happens when I get a chance to play it some more.

I have a pro and have had only one glass hit and one ball to the shooter lane. My game is set at 6.5.

#1213 11 years ago

I've had a few overpowered issues too (not seen before the update). In particular I also pulled off the elusive left sling to shooter lane maneuver last night. I believe I also jumped on the Iceman ramp once, but that was in the heat of battle, so I'm not positive. I think I am going to try bumping the strength down to soft tonight and see how it goes. I hope it doesn't affect the magnets!

Maybe that will help the ball stay on that damn Storm ramp the few times I actually pull off a "Picard Maneuver" from Beast...it usually just flies right off the back... Thankfully I don't pull that off very often...Cyclops to Storm is always fine and the only way I can usually set up the Storm shot successfully!

edit: I am at 6.5 and perfectly level.

#1214 11 years ago

Count me in as noticing a major change in sling strength. I have had a couple launches to the shooter lane, a couple on top of Mags, etc., and the outlane drains are way up, too -- the slings now appear to be perfectly aligned to launch n' drain. 6.5.

#1215 11 years ago

1200 posts. Wow.

No sling issues at all with my Magneto LE.

After all of my bitching, I agree with most people here and think that 1.24 is a big step in the right direction.

I really like the ability to stack a hero after starting a villain. And its great that you can change settings for stacking how you want them. Even with all stacking on, I do not find there to be huge delays in callouts. It is hectic mayhem for sure, but fun!

Its great that NC plays a roll to give you an EB and pops up a lot more frequently. Just make sure that he only pops up after every 3 completed modes, not every time after 6. That's too much.

The NC / Xavier bug has to be fixed. I vote to eliminate NC as a shot for Xavier entirely. He pops up enough now with his mode every 3 completed modes, and in Rogue. Its anticlimactic for Xavier because the whole point of the Xavier mode is you do not know which shot it is. But when NC pops up, you know its him. Just get rid of him in the mode.

As for the HF and BH targets, I would like to see them on all the time (other than in multiballs), and have it be more hits to qualify. AND PLEASE for the love of God, get rid of the text screen that says "complete for multiball". Just have Galvez do a basic dots screen where it shows how many HF targets are left (just like BH). Maybe tell us that you need to hit them to qualify the multiball ONE TIME. That's enough.

So grateful that Wolverine shut the f$#% up.

Get these things fixed up. Add combos, Deadpool mode as a reward for enough combos, and an iceman timed round. Fix up Weapon X multiball start if you want. And we have a complete polished FUN game.

Maybe in a month or 2 tops? Please?

#1216 11 years ago

Bumped the coil strength to soft and the right sling shot the ball into the xaviov trough. Any other settings to tone these things down? I think there is so much speed with the mags that there is really no way to tone it down other than a manual adjustment.

#1217 11 years ago

Only played a couple times still BUT There are some very cool and smooth updates to TF! There's entirely new music and sound effects (and the music ad sound on this pin is already top rate) scoring seems more jacked...you can lite EB from the All Spark now(!)..and, maybe, "Pops 4,000" is history. I think I did it twice though...so that needs adjustment.

I did Bumblebee and MudFlaps and Skids in one trip and I think it doubled my mode score as a reward. I got like 8M for each...which is pretty high if I'm not mistaken.

I also think that OP MB starts as a three ball. Either that or I drained one without noticing. Hope g for a combo Multiball!

I'm pretty stoked. I can't wait to hit Sentinel Prime!

Bravo Stern. Great Job!

#1218 11 years ago

Just played a fantastic game! Finished all heroes but Beast, and just had 2 villians left. Game really does feel different now. Loving it. We all bitch at Stern, as we should, when they sell us short, but we need to give them their due here.

#1219 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

No kidding, the slings are pretty brutal right now. I am actually thinking of coming up with a seperate power setting for the slings using some additional hardware. My Magneto magnet is not actually consistently grabbing the balls anymore like it used too, but slings are more than happy to bounce a ball into the left outlane.

Same here it even threw the ball in the outlane and I was having a great game too. Oh well I can live with it as I like the pin way better, even the lights seem different and scoring seems more balanced and fair.

#1220 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Its great that NC plays a roll to give you an EB and pops up a lot more frequently. Just make sure that he only pops up after every 3 completed modes, not every time after 6. That's too much.

The NC / Xavier bug has to be fixed. I vote to eliminate NC as a shot for Xavier entirely. He pops up enough now with his mode every 3 completed modes, and in Rogue. Its anticlimactic for Xavier because the whole point of the Xavier mode is you do not know which shot it is. But when NC pops up, you know its him. Just get rid of him in the mode.

I don't know about this code, but the past codes would only have Nightcrawler pop up in Xavier mode part of the time. When it did pop up...he wasn't always the mutant. I think that is great. It makes it random, uses the Nightcrawlers and isn't obvious even when they are used if he is the mutant or not.

The part that was bugged is when left Nightcrawler would pop up and stay up and he wasn't the mutant. In that case...you would hit him and he would just stay up. So there was no getting back to Xavier for the "clue" to find the mutant.

I think it should be so Nightcrawler pops up part of the time in Xavier mode. Some of the times he is used he should be the mutant and other times he should not be. When he does pop up...he should change from the right to the left. When he is hit (either Nightcrawler mech) and not the mutant...he should pop down and be done for the mode.

I would say the same for Nightcrawler in Rogue mode...I would like it better if he is there sometimes and not others.

As for Nightcrawler being used to light the extra ball. I think he should show up when you beat 3 heroes. If you don't light the extra ball by completing him...he should show up every time you complete a character until you do complete him and light the extra ball. After that, he should be done after completing characters unless you are given another extra ball opportunity for some reason.

#1221 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I did Bumblebee and MudFlaps and Skids in one trip and I think it doubled my mode score as a reward.

I'm not noticing any score boosting for doing modes in one trip... are you sure you got it doubled for MF&S??

I also think that OP MB starts as a three ball.

That's how it started before isn't it!? I always try and have All Sparks lit before I go into OP, that way when I drain down to 2 balls I can try and get the third ball back by using the 'add a ball' in All Sparks... If you hit All Sparks as you're draining you also get the drained ball back because it gets saved by the ball save timer that starts when add-a-ball starts You have to have AS lit before you start though because you can't lighy AS when you're IN OP MB... Same with Megatron MB.

I don't like that they seem to have taken away All Sparks 2x shot multiplier when entering AHM or RO SJP modes, even if you have it lit when you go in, it get's 'stolen' and you can't re-light it...

I also don't like that the right orbit bug isn't fixed... that shot will not register within a 2 or 3s trigger of the left orbit switch, which plays havoc in trying to make the right orbit shot register when in multiball!

I do like the fact that you can turn off the autolaunch on ball lock and that you can get to the end easier, although I don't like that that's achieved with full main MB progress memory, the main MB's are now almost as weak (to defeat) as the sub-modes... at the very least some superiority retaining difference between HOW progress memory works would have been a lot better, like 'half progress memory', i.e. the game remembers half the shots made for the next visit... In a recent game I got all the shots on OP except the final Megatron, so on the next visit I had three balls with a long timer to make just one shot... And when I got the shot, the only way to progress the game is to let all except one ball drain so that All Sparks lights up to begin RO SJP mode... Why can't All Sparks light up while you're still in multiball?? For the player to have to pueposefully drain balls to progress is silly!! And if you happen to have 2x scoring going at the same time, you have to wait (up to a minute!) with the ball on the right flipper 'till 2x scoring finises before All Sparks will light up... That's just wrong to me...

#1222 11 years ago

I still have not had any crazy arrant balls from the slings and I have put probably 3 to 4 hours on it. I'm wondering if many that are having issues changed the black rubber on the slings to white? I have a feeling this could make a huge difference and likely result in more erratic things happening with the ball especially with these high powered slings.

Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Still have the Black Rubber.

That is so strange how we can have totally different experiences I can't really think of another explanation.

#1223 11 years ago

Still have the Black Rubber.

#1224 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I still have not had any crazy arrant balls from the slings and I have put probably 3 to 4 hours on it. I'm wondering if many that are having issues changed the black rubber on the slings to white? I have a feeling this could make a huge difference and likely result in more erratic things happening with the ball especially with these high powered slings.

That is so strange how we can have totally different experiences I can't really think of another explanation.

White rubber for me and I have had a glass hit from the right slingshot

#1225 11 years ago

Happy with the Wolverine update. Playing a lot. I am a pretty bad player when I'm on this machine. But still lots of fun. Good job Stern!

#1226 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Coil pulse = soft is your friend.

#1227 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Coil pulse = soft is your friend.

I tried that and it neutered my magnets. I'd rather live with the occasional violent sling than go back to 1.22 or worse magnet strength. Hopefully they will tone down the coils a tad in the future without ruining the magnet action.

#1228 11 years ago

Only played a couple times still BUT There are some very cool and smooth updates to TF! There's entirely new music and sound effects (and the music ad sound on this pin is already top rate) scoring seems more jacked...you can lite EB from the All Spark now(!)..and, maybe, "Pops 4,000" is history. I think I did it twice though...so that needs adjustment.
I did Bumblebee and MudFlaps and Skids in one trip and I think it doubled my mode score as a reward. I got like 8M for each...which is pretty high if I'm not mistaken.
I also think that OP MB starts as a three ball. Either that or I drained one without noticing. Hope g for a combo Multiball!
I'm pretty stoked. I can't wait to hit Sentinel Prime!
Bravo Stern. Great Job!

I thought OP MB was always a 3 ball mode!?

I am pretty happy with the update.
Like the separate high scores for autobots and decepticons.
If the ball gets stuck in The StarScream platform, the game recognizes it fast and the platform moves nicely to dislodge it. No long wait, no ball search.
No more road block on OP MB. Yeah!
Noted some nice added audio but not sure what was added as I'm not a die hard TF fan.
No much more I could tell added.

#1229 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Like the separate high scores for autobots and decepticons.

This is definitely good... I wish they'd have also added an overall high-score chart (with a note saying which faction was chosen). As it stands you have to watch both high score charts scroll through and remember the previous sides high score to know the overall high score... It's definitely better than it was though!

#1230 11 years ago

Finally got passed OP MB and made it to RollOut. WooHoo!

#1231 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Finally got passed OP MB and made it to RollOut.

Let the good times Roll (out)!

Quoted from TomGWI:

If the ball gets stuck in The StarScream platform, the game recognizes it fast and the platform moves nicely to dislodge it. No long wait, no ball search.

It was like that before by the way...

Quoted from TomGWI:

No much more I could tell added.

Apparently an extra ball at All Sparks... not seen it myself yet.

#1232 11 years ago

I have gotten the 4000 for pops.
Only things added are MB progression, high scores, and ?

#1233 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Is there no addition of an extra ball at All Sparks then?

I certainly wish they'd have addressed the right loop shot bug (currently, and previously, the shot is ignored if the left loop switch is hit before the right loop).

Ironhide scoring still cycles in a loop, issuing multiple 'special is lit' awards... I'm pretty sure that's exactly the same as before...

Someone mentioned that Starscream interacts better with the game, but I see no change at all there...?

#1234 11 years ago

Yes, 4000 pops is still there Arggh! But EB is now an All Spark reward. There are some new animations - I think - for bonus multiplier and other things, plus some new music with the high scoring at the end.

I had an awesome game last night...but got interrupted for dinner and didn't make it to Roll Out. This game kicks ass, I can't wait to get further along.

#1235 11 years ago

The only other thing I wish they would add is how many hits to start OPMB in the instant info. The only thing is high scores listed.

#1236 11 years ago

I had an awesome game last night...but got interrupted for dinner and didn't make it to Roll Out.

Turn coindoor ball saver on, and if you open the coin door, ballsaver is activated and you can walk away for as long as you want (assuming the power is ON) and resume the game by closing the door.

#1237 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The only other thing I wish they would add is how many hits to start OPMB in the instant info.

Also, how many more hits to start double scoring would be very handy at times...

#1238 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Also, how many more hits to start double scoring would be very handy at times...

Yes, that would be nice and fast scoring as well.

#1239 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Turn coindoor ball saver on, and if you open the coin door, ballsaver is activated and you can walk away for as long as you want (assuming the power is ON) and resume the game by closing the door.

I do that alot. I was referring more to having to stop a game where I was really in the zone... And just couldn't get it back. Totally harshed my mellow man!

#1240 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The only other thing I wish they would add is how many hits to start OPMB in the instant info. The only thing is high scores listed.

True that. The instant info on this game is not very helpful. I was hoping it would be improved.

#1241 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Option to not auto-shoot on ball lock... which I think is an excellent thing!! Give's you time to think about how to plunge the ball or just get another beer... or do pretty much anything you want while the game is on pause!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
There are 1,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-tf-updates-its-time/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.