IMG_20130312_201301.jpg
smiley-face-poke.gif
DSC04062.JPG
DSC04060.JPG
the_bad_guy.JPG
the_good_guys.JPG
2013-03-03_22-12-36_698_(2)_(800x449)..jpg
X-MenAtQ_(800x600).jpg
There are 1,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 25.
#951 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was thinking of scraping it for a loss but have to say with a decent code this could be a top 20-25 pin based on looks, theme, and decent layout.

The shots on this game are very fun, and the combo potential absolutely rocks. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take this code update and at least a few more tweaks to the code to really polish the game off. I'm really hoping they implement the rumored combo system earlier rather than later.

-Wes

#952 11 years ago

No its a different magic 8 ball

#953 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

The shots on this game are very fun, and the combo potential absolutely rocks. Unfortunately, I think it's going to take this code update and at least a few more tweaks to the code to really polish the game off. I'm really hoping they implement the rumored combo system earlier rather than later.
-Wes

Agreed, would rather have combos added than iceman ramp fixed at this point.

#954 11 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Agreed, would rather have combos added than iceman ramp fixed at this point.

I'm with you and Wes on this one. Give us combo bonuses and maybe cool sound effect to go with it. Another crucial thing would be to make it more clear what modes have started and what the player should be doing through inserts and sounds. Right now it is a bit too confussing for players not familar with the pin to know what they need to be shooting for.

#955 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Another crucial thing would be to make it more clear what modes have started and what the player should be doing through inserts and sounds. Right now it is a bit too confussing for players not familar with the pin to know what they need to be shooting for.

Yes, this should be pinball 101 at this point.

#956 11 years ago

Less than 50 posts to reach 1000!

(yea, this post is about as useful as Stern's updates on both games in the past 6 months)

#957 11 years ago

Well, as the OP and in an effort to get this to 1000, here are some pics.

I have to keep Stern's two bastard forgotten children separate from the rest of the line up. Maybe if they get code updates, I can integrate them with the rest of the family. Until then, they must stay in separate quarters.

IMG_1517.JPGIMG_1517.JPG IMG_1521.JPGIMG_1521.JPG IMG_1526.JPGIMG_1526.JPG

#958 11 years ago

Also, here is a pic of pinballcustoms awesome shooter rod for TF.

And the Emperor is VERY unimpressed with Stern's "lack of vision" with respect to the code for Xmen.

IMG_1524.jpgIMG_1524.jpg IMG_1533.jpgIMG_1533.jpg

#959 11 years ago

Sweet game room Apollyon!! Poker player too?!? Man, now I really want to make a road trip. What tourist attractions are there in Edmonton so I can convince the wife for a vacation? Lol.

#960 11 years ago

"I'm embarrassed to be here"

-Golden Tee Machine

-1.jpg-1.jpg

#961 11 years ago

Lol yea. That golden tee just ain't doing you any good there lol.

#962 11 years ago

I've been playing poker since college. Currently play in a home poker league. Great fun with a super group of guys.

The stand-up arcade has a bunch of Golden Tee games on it, but its actually a 1200+ in one system. All the favourites from the 80's and 90's. I grew up an arcade lover, so it has to stay. Though I may move it to a new spot to make room for one FINAL pin...

#963 11 years ago

There is a theme there though. The Waison Cheng collection.

#964 11 years ago

SKB - you do have to make a road trip. Easy sell for your wife. We have the world's biggest shopping mall here in town (West Edmonton Mall). Its got 1000s of shops, a full amusement park, huge waterpark, an actual ship, skating rink. Your wife and kids would love it.

Weather is actually pretty nice in the spring and summer. Nice river valley. And you can come sit front row (actually its in front of the front row) with me to a boxing or MMA event.

Plus pinball, Alberta beef and some steaks.

Sound good?

#965 11 years ago

My sad pins

2013-03-12_00-17-36_623.jpg2013-03-12_00-17-36_623.jpg

#966 11 years ago

Love the TF topper. Matt put me on his list for his rerun. Looking forward to it!

#967 11 years ago

My X-Men Magneto after swapping in black armor for location use

-Mark

X-MenAtQ_(800x600).jpgX-MenAtQ_(800x600).jpg 2013-03-03_22-12-36_698_(2)_(800x449)..jpg2013-03-03_22-12-36_698_(2)_(800x449)..jpg

#968 11 years ago

Apollyon - That is one nice looking lineup! Got to get out there soon to visit my dad and check out your machines!

Don't forget to tell SKB that the largest Easter Egg in the world is not all that far away (out in Vegreville - that's where my dad lives), that's pretty cool to

#969 11 years ago

I have to keep Stern's two bastard forgotten children separate from the rest of the line up. Maybe if they get code updates, I can integrate them with the rest of the family. Until then, they must stay in separate quarters.

It's separate quarters around my place as well. If my pins could talk, these are the kind of conversations you would have heard around our place since last summer:

July 2012: Xmen shows up, and is plunked down beside MM and LOTR, his two new best friends. "Howdy neighbours, this place looks great" Wolvie says.

October 2012: Tron shows up, and says "So where do i go?". "You'll go over with the other fellas, but we'll have to move someone to make space" I said. After much deliberation, LOTR ends up getting moved to a separate part of the basement. "WTF?" LOTR says, "why are you moving me, that Xmen guy can't even figure out the right score, he doesn't even give out a bonus, those Nightcrawler things don't ever pop up and his aux boards keep blowing. Have you seen my software, have you? Come on, just play one game right now, just one game and you'll see!". "Well LOTR", I said, "you're software is amazing, but you've been here for almost 6 years now and to be fair we should give the new kid a chance". "Whatever", LOTR says, and he adds in his best Terminator voice "I'll be back".

Christmas Holidays 2012 (December 30th to be exact): "I think it's time to make a change with the machines" I told my wife. So I went downstairs and moved Xmen to the corner by himself and brought LOTR back to the prime location. "About time" LOTR says, "all I've been hearing this past week is "watch it bub" and it's driving me crazy over here". As I was moving Xmen into the corner I could hear him say "this is crazy, I should be over there with the other guys, you know I'll be getting a code update soon and I'll be back in business...you just wait". "Yeah, yeah" I said, "and that's what the Transformers guy also said, I've heard that story before".

The machines were now moved and I walked back upstairs. As I was walking up I heard MM say "look who's in the naughty corner now!", and Tron followed it up with his best Babu from Seinfeld impersonation "you very bad Xmen, very very bad!!!". As for LOTR, well he was just and he was happy to be back with his friends. "Hullo there TRON, I'm LOTR, nice to meet you, you're so....blue and bright".

March 2013: I just put a new colour DMD in MM (which rocks by the way) and as I walked back upstairs I heard MM say to Xmen "Hey Wolvie, you should see my cool new display, our owner really likes me...what's he done for you lately?". "That's right, he's done nothing there naughty boy, in fact he don't even turn you on anymore!!!". "Watch it bub" and "I'm going to turn you bozos into hamburger" MM was heard mocking the Xmen.

So it's a sad state of affairs around this place, I'm sure hoping that update for Xmen arrives soon, would be nice for Wolvie to be able to stick it to LOTR, MM or Tron.

the_good_guys.JPGthe_good_guys.JPG the_bad_guy.JPGthe_bad_guy.JPG

#970 11 years ago
Quoted from marcos:

My X-Men Magneto after swapping in black armor for location use
-Mark

Dr Dude and Radical! Great Sys11 games. Good to see them out earning some coin.

rd.

#972 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

We almost have the same collection. Just sub my Avengers LE for your Batman and its the same! Except I have the better looking Wolverine pin

I think MAGNETS MAN (as my wife calls it) would disagree there

I could take this Avengers up to the apartment ..... but then I couldn't play it at home ...

rd DSC04060.JPGDSC04060.JPG DSC04062.JPGDSC04062.JPG

#973 11 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Here is a crappy cell pic

Man that waterworld looks sweet with leds!

#974 11 years ago

Hey Apollyon, someone in the Louisville Expo thread mentioned there was new ACDC software at the show. Perhaps the next update is not for TF/XMen?

smiley-face-poke.gifsmiley-face-poke.gif

#975 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

SKB - you do have to make a road trip. Easy sell for your wife. We have the world's biggest shopping mall here in town (West Edmonton Mall). Its got 1000s of shops, a full amusement park, huge waterpark, an actual ship, skating rink. Your wife and kids would love it.
Weather is actually pretty nice in the spring and summer. Nice river valley. And you can come sit front row (actually its in front of the front row) with me to a boxing or MMA event.
Plus pinball, Alberta beef and some steaks.
Sound good?

You Canadians are making me drool. Mma, poker, pinball, and the worlds largest Easter egg!?! We usually spend our vacation money on house upgrades, plus we have a promise to our Norwegian friends to go out there way if/when we ever do take a vacation; but man I would love to get out to Edmonton, wherever that is lol, to partake in some pinside fun!

#976 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hey Apollyon, someone in the Louisville Expo thread mentioned there was new ACDC software at the show. Perhaps the next update is not for TF/XMen?

Ouch. Don't poke the bear.

#977 11 years ago

getting close to 1000

#978 11 years ago

Buckles - I love the pic of Xmen by himself. He looks so lonely and sad. I am hoping for this week...

#979 11 years ago

?

#980 11 years ago

Buckles 2nd picture of the Xmen by the couch

#981 11 years ago

Amazing collection rotordave. Looks awesome to. Congrats!

#982 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Amazing collection rotordave. Looks awesome to. Congrats!

Cheers.

It was nice to have all 50 machines in my house working 100% and have 60-70 people playing them last weekend at Kiwi Pincade. Started at 6pm ... Finally cleared out the stragglers at 1am ...

A lot of the guys hadn't played (or even seen) some of my older Sys11 games like Radical, Transporter, etc ... Those sort of games are pretty thin on the ground here.

rd.

#983 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dr dude and Radical! Great Sys11 games. Good to see them out earning some coin.
rd.

Thanx!

Currently the only pins I have in rotation are X-Men and BoP; I need to find more locations!

I also have a Transporter, not pictured.

-Mark

#984 11 years ago

End of this week? Anyone? Someone must know?

Going to be over 1000 for sure.

Who can get closest to guessing number of posts before code update?!!

1311 is my guess.

#985 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

End of this week? Anyone? Someone must know?

Magic 8-ball says "Unlikely". Also, noone really knows. Not even the guys AT Stern apparently.

-Wes

#986 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Oh yeah, there was new AC/DC software at Louisville. I didn't mention it because I didn't want to ruffle any feathers...but now that the word is out...

You know AC/DC really really needed a jukebox feature before X-Men needed any fixes. X-Men can wait, but bonus attract mode features...I'm glad they got all over that. So what is the count now...2 or 3 updates that AC/DC has got since the turd that is 1.23 Power Crap was released? Nope, nope, we can't shut Wolverine up by changing a line of code, but we can give you a jukebox with 11 more tracks and a new DMD animation on this other game that already has A+ code.

As soon as 1.23 dropped all other software updates should have been put on hold. Ticket dispensers and extra polish be damned. This game needs fixed and it should have been all hands on deck on December 26th to correct this epic blunder.

#987 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

As soon as 1.23 dropped all other software updates should have been put on hold. Ticket dispensers and extra polish be damned. This game needs fixed and it should have been all hands on deck on December 26th to correct this epic blunder.

Have to agree 100% with this. I have tried to be as positive as possible about this situation and love the gameplay on XM. However, with how long they have taken to get us acceptable code and how many updates for other pins they have spit out they better get this next XM update right if they want to keep me and others as future customers!!

#988 11 years ago

I think we TF owners have waited long enough for the road block

#989 11 years ago

I'm glad I got the other 2 games that are getting all the love.
I am hoping that my X-men and TF get the love from Stern that they deserve.

#990 11 years ago

ACDC is selling. Xmen is not. Hence, more programming hours dedicated to ACDC.

What's sad is xmen has the potential to be better, unfortunately the damage has been done with a sh*ty programmer sucking the hours dry that now stern seems to only be willing to spend a limited amount of man hours to get it fixed which is why it's taking so long. They're probably spending a day/week on the code...shoving it out to testers, then revisit it a week later based on testers opinions.

It won't be until we consumers really stick to our guns and stop buying that stern will connect the dots and realize fallen sales are due to poor software in TF and xmen. Kudos to those that have stopped buying sterns. I'm guilty, I bought ACDC and avengers. Sold TF at a loss and soon to be xmen unless I'm proven wrong and they show effort and care in its upcoming update.

#991 11 years ago

Man, F Stern.... I can't think of anything they can possibly put in the code that will make this one not bother me every time I look at it. They took a dream theme of mine, with perfect art and layout and somehow f'd it all up.... repeatedly....for 8 months.... unbelievable. I think it's soured me on the hobby altogether.

IMG_20130312_201301.jpgIMG_20130312_201301.jpg

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : vulgarity

#992 11 years ago

$73R|\| 15 70 PhU(|<1|\|9 b055 70 (4R3 4B0U7 p1DL'/ ></\/\3|\| 4|\|D 7R4|\|5Ph0R/\/\3R5 0\/\/|\|3R5. |-|4 |-|4 |-|4 $73R|\| \/\/1|\|5 pHL4\/\/L355 \/1(70R'/. b4B4L17'/.

Thats all I have to say about that. Stern=LAMERS!

#993 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

$73R|\| 15 70 PhU(|<1|\|9 b055 70 (4R3 4B0U7 p1DL'/ ></\/\3|\| 4|\|D 7R4|\|5Ph0R/\/\3R5 0\/\/|\|3R5. |-|4 |-|4 |-|4 $73R|\| \/\/1|\|5 pHL4\/\/L355 \/1(70R'/. b4B4L17'/.

I googled this string. Google tried to sell me a scanner. I am officially not in on the joke.

#994 11 years ago

Here's my Wolverine LE. Bye, bye.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#995 11 years ago
Quoted from c3trey:

I am officially not in on the joke.

Strong you are not in the early 90's Phreaker.

#996 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Strong you are not in the early 90's Phreaker.

My subscription to 2600 magazine was more late 90s, I concede.

#997 11 years ago

here's a pic of my TF in the lineup... just not sure how much longer i'm gonna keep it. 1k bump!

2628.JPG2628.JPG

#998 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

ACDC is selling. Xmen is not. Hence, more programming hours dedicated to ACDC.

Chicken or egg syndrome. If AC/DC had code like X-men would it still be a hot seller? If a person likes pinball and AC/DC; Stern left no doubt that you should buy that pin. With X-men they created doubt. AC/DC owners are looking for bonuses and extras, while X-men owners just don't want buggy software and another craptastic Power Pack. Different experiences for the same customer base.

You can buy a HUO X-men with very low plays and mods for $5500, or you can buy one NIB X-men from automatedservices for $7400 no mods. Easy call. Until distributors complain loud enough about sitting on inventory they purchased from Stern, X-men won't get the updates it deserves. People might not be so apt to sell if the game was a keeper, and people impatient for code seems to be the biggest reason it is changing hands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 1,241 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-tf-updates-its-time/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.