(Topic ID: 92414)

Xmen stern, so does Magneto count as one of the Brotherhood?

By Bond_Gadget_007

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I saw some guy on YouTube named Pinball101 who ran through the entire friggin game in 30 minutes, wow. It might literally be Elwin himself not sure. But after finishing Danger Room he got stuck on Brotherhood not turning to a solid light, so he kept starting Magneto MB in hopes of defeating him to start Phoenix Wizard mode (I assume). But video cut off and never got to see him start Phoenix--he was still playing though!

Is it true that Magneto must be defeated as part of the Brotherhood mode somehow, or else Pheonix Wizard mode will never start?

Also, he got 25x bonus from the mystery scoop more than once. Wondering if it can be exploited to get it all the time?

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Is it true that Magneto must be defeated as part of the Brotherhood mode somehow, or else Pheonix Wizard mode will never start?

Pretty sure no. Here are some great rule summaries:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-rcades-x-men-v15-changes-and-rules

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rcades-x-men-v12415-rule-breakdowns

#3 9 years ago

Not wanting a rule sheet link, but thanks anyways. I will check the video again but pretty sure he completed Brotherhood and then shot scoop many times, but Phoenix Wizard mode never started and the Brotherhood light never turned solid (EVERY other light was solid, he was a master player). And nobody in history ever ran through Danger Room, cashed out, and then went for Phoenix Wizard back to back. I bet Stern didn't even test for that, so might be a bug. Must have been a reason he kept bashing on Magneto MB trying to defeat him, right? He's not stupid! They must be connected! Magneto must be the last piece of the puzzle!

... but alas nobody knows or cares about this game or knows how things work. But I will not buy a game which is not working right, so yah.

#4 9 years ago

Magneto is not part of Brotherhood Multiball. Perhaps he wasn't lighting Brotherhood by shooting Magneto constantly because it isn't the rigt thing to shoot for. Maybe one of the rule sheets that you didn't want would explain it.

#5 9 years ago

Yep. 5th post down on the second link that you weren't interested in.

#6 9 years ago

Yes, it was Keith's playthrough.

It's funny, you say you didn't want the rules threads links, yet almost every question you had can be answered by them. Please do not be so quick to look a gift horse in the mouth when someone's trying to be helpful.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

Yes, it was Keith's playthrough.
    It's funny, you say you didn't want the rules threads links, yet almost every question you had can be answered by them. Please do not be so quick to look a gift horse in the mouth when someone's trying to be helpful.

Your rules description and summary helped me both in figuring out strategy and in appreciating the game. You did a ton of work and deserve a lot of credit. I know a lot of pinsiders very much appreciate it.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

Have you considered making one overall rule sheet?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Have you considered making one overall rule sheet?

yes, but to be honest: these days I just don't have time to compile everything :/.

Been super busy with work and my other side hobby of table top game design, haven't even had time to lurk on Pinside that much anymore!

#10 9 years ago

This might be the video you are talking about, I need to watch it so leaving it here for a bookmark

http://pinballsoul.com/keith-elwin-plays-x-men-pinball/

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rcade:

yes, but to be honest: these days I just don't have time to compile everything :/.
    Been super busy with work and my other side hobby of table top game design, haven't even had time to lurk on Pinside that much anymore!

Just like the code, the rule sheet will be forever incomplete?

#12 9 years ago

I found the link to the guy's epic run on Xmen, probably the best playing I've ever seen in my life. Xmen is not an easy game guys, and most are too chicken to play villain modes. But he plays everything. I guess he fails to finish Brotherhood after all at 25:20, but we may never know why he stays on Magneto at the end... I really wanted to see other wizard mode, but nobody ever got there before in this crowd (we only do Danger Room which is way easier for players like us)

#13 9 years ago

nah, I'm still thinking we'll get another update with some tweaks and bug fixes. As it is it's deeper than 98% of the rest of pins that exist.

...and one day I WILL get around to a final compile of all the rules, but just not any time immediately soon

#14 9 years ago

But he plays everything. I guess he fails to finish Brotherhood after all at 25:20, but we may never know why he stays on Magneto at the end...

I'm sorry, but you're wrong on more than one account here. You need to be more attentive when you watch videos,

1) He's not playing Brotherhood MB, he's playing Hellfire Club MB.

2)He BEAT the multiball at 24:54. The way the multiballs work currently (aside from Mags MB) in XM is that they start over. So what you thought was him "not finishing" was actually him draining out of a completed multiball because he wanted to move onto trying to beat Mags MB so he could then move onto Dark Phoenix wizard mode, because he beat all the Villain Modes (the Brotherhood insert is lit solid, but the angle of the camera glares it).

I really wanted to see other wizard mode, but nobody ever got there before in this crowd (we only do Danger Room which is way easier for players like us)

Hard, but not impossible. Since the implementation of Deadpool, quite a few players on here have gotten to DP. It's HARD, definitely. But it's an insanely high scoring mode, so it should be difficult. The scoring in DP is like 4 times that of DR, it's NUTS

#15 9 years ago

Man watching that video...Insanely good play.

#16 9 years ago

<<because he wanted to move onto trying to beat Mags MB so he could then move onto Dark Phoenix wizard mode>>

Ah ha! So beating Magneto MB is indeed a prerequisite for starting Dark Phoenix which was my original point. I am very appreciate of the info. Rcade. You are quite observant.

So I guess Magneto MB is pretty hard to beat then. He seems to take a lot of hits to defeat. But after you do, I assume DP wizard begins as expected. So not a bug or anything. Would have loved to see the final part of his video, I bet he got there

#17 9 years ago

Magneto can be much easier to beat now with the most recent code update, the video is of an earlier code version where Magneto was a bit harder to beat.

With the most recent code, the more hero modes you have started/completed, the more damage you deal to Mags and the larger the jackpots are in his MB. So it's now quite a bit easier to complete, you just have to play the game right so that you hold off on starting MagsMB until you've at least started all the hero modes.

#18 9 years ago

That's what I need to work on, seems I start Magneto by accident before I have completed too many heroes.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-stern-so-does-magneto-count-as-one-of-the-brotherhood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.