• Latest reply 8 years ago by pinmaniac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up a nice Xmen pro this weekend. It works great but has one issue. There is a loud humming/buzzing noise all the time. I believe it is coming from the subwoofer. It definitely is not the backbox speakers. I also checked all the coils and none are energized when they shouldn't be. I tried lightly pulling/moving the subwoofer wires and the noise changed pitch but won't go away. Any suggestions?

#2 8 years ago

Narrowed it down to the speaker in the body. Not sure where to go from here. Board issue? Bad speaker?

#3 8 years ago

Check all grounds thoroughly

#4 8 years ago

please let us know when the problem is solved, thinking about upgrading the speakers in my x-men pro when im cashed up.. are your speakers an upgrade or stock??

#5 8 years ago

Speakers are stock. Will check grounds tonight.

#6 8 years ago

check the header isn't a pin or 2 off. Mine was.

#7 8 years ago

Check the heat sinks on the audio part of the board, if u can't hold ur figures on one of the heat sinks u cooked that amplifier chip

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 8 years ago

Grounds all look good. The game has been on for over 10 minutes and the heatsinks are still ok to touch.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

check the header isn't a pin or 2 off. Mine was.

Not sure what you mean. If you are talking about the board connectors they are all on correctly.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Check the heat sinks on the audio part of the board, if u can't hold ur figures on one of the heat sinks u cooked that amplifier chip
image.jpg

Been on 45 minutes, played every games and heatsinks are still cool.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Been on 45 minutes, played every games and heatsinks are still cool.

Ok good then you didn't damage the amp chip on the board, if you did one of those would be cooking...

#12 8 years ago

Post a video of it and how the hummin happens when ur moving the cable

#13 8 years ago

The speaker hum is usually caused by some electrical interference in the speaker wiring. Perhaps try to reroute the speaker wire that runs to the sub or even replace it with shielded speaker wire. Maybe wiggling it around while the game is on will impact the noise.

#14 8 years ago

Looks like a board problem. I swapped my iron man board in and the noise stopped. Who does stern board repairs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-pro-buzzinghumming-from-subwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.