(Topic ID: 20030)

XMEN PRO AT COMIC CON IN SAN DIEGO THIS WEEK ON FREE PLAY

By musketd

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cliff.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Slightly easier to delete one audio clip (even though i liked the Tron one) than it is to re-do all the voice work.

Love the playfield layout, magnet, spinner, etc. but just wish I liked the theme more.

#52 11 years ago

Video please of game and interview with waison!!!!!

#53 11 years ago

A Video of the DMD display: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs5lco_dscn0804
    Note: the display shows up as looking orange (had this problem with 2 cameras), but is acctually red in colour.

#54 11 years ago

How does the multiball start work without the spinning magnet?

#55 11 years ago

Did we ever get more videos of the pro?

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Did we ever get more videos of the pro?

A million people at Comicon, national coverage, and no really decent Pro footage. WTF? I guess people were too busy showing off their costumes?

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

A million people at Comicon, national coverage, and no really decent Pro footage. WTF? I guess people were too busy showing off their costumes?

It was quite impossible to shoot a good quality video with all the people walking around and obviously too hard to do while playing. The Vids already posted on here are of much better quality.

Fun game but just by looking at the LE videos & playing the pro there is no way i'd choose a Pro over the LE. The way the GI LED's change colors during different modes is sweet & well worth some of the extra $$$ for the LE Model. Art on Pro looks decent in person but how can it compare to the Jim Lee art of the Wolverine LE?

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

More like 125k. And getting decent video in that environment next to impossible. To much noise, bad lighting (lots of glare from overhead lighting) to much noise, to many bodies walking around.
    Short of taking the glass off, and disrupting all the booths in the area trying to make their money back and then-some, there probably wasn't going to be any closer pictures or better sound. And probably 99% of the attendees don't care or think a pinball machine is that important. More people were probably interested in Kingdom Hearts 3Ds, or the new Tomb Raider game that's coming out. And video / online games aren't as big as the comic books, movies, and T.V. shows being promoted.
    Comic Con isn't about pinball. Just be glad that there was a comic-book themed pin there.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

It was quite impossible to shoot a good quality video with all the people walking around and obviously too hard to do while playing. The Vids already posted on here are of much better quality.
    Fun game but just by looking at the LE videos & playing the pro there is no way i'd choose a Pro over the LE. The way the GI LED's change colors during different modes is sweet & well worth some of the extra $$$ for the LE Model. Art on Pro looks decent in person but how can it compare to the Jim Lee art of the Wolverine LE?

Yep, it is the lighting that really separates the LE and Pro. Could Pro be modified I wonder?

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yep, it is the lighting that really separates the LE and Pro. Could Pro be modified I wonder?

Highly doubt it. It would need code to support when to turn certain gi off n on and I can't see stern putting that into a pro code update.

#61 11 years ago

It was a fun game to play there. There was a Stern programmer there to answer questions about the game. I asked if this was the last Stern DMD game. He smiled and said Stern has some very cool things coming up.

The multiball magnet was kinda cool, but it slowed the gameplay. I personally liked Tron way more than this.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-pro-at-comic-con-in-san-diego-this-week-on-free-play/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.