(Topic ID: 59315)

Xmen Pro and Tron Pro too similar for the same lineup?

By RC_like_the_cola

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MnHotRod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Xmen Pro and Tron Pro too similar for the same lineup?”

• Yes 6 votes
    15%
  • No 34 votes
    85%

(40 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Are Xmen Pro and Tron Pro too similar (layout wise) for the same lineup? I'm considering trying to sell or trade my HUO TSPP to get something fresh in the mix. I own and love Tron and have been debating back and forth between XM Pro and TFLE. I have only played Xmen LE, but think the Pro is the better choice for me.

Thanks,
RC

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not even close in "feel."

+1

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Not even close in "feel."

Agreed. They may seem like the same layout flipped around but they sure play a lot different. Night and day. I wouldn't worry about having both in the same line up. In fact I think they compliment each other pretty well. I've had the pleasure of having them side by side before. I'm not the biggest fan of TFLE so I would go with XM without a doubt. But it all depends on which you think you would play more.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd never trade TSPP for either of those games, though.

I'd never trade either Tron or XM for TSPP.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Edited for clarification.

#5 10 years ago

Totally different rules & toys make it a totally different game.

I'd never trade TSPP for either of those games, though. If you're well versed in TSPP and it's depth and naunce, Xmen and TF's deficiencies will really stick out like a sore thumb. They have lots of "content", so you'll have really long games like TSPP...but that content lacks depth & naunce. So, you're doing lots of "stuff"...but it never gels like TSPP or LOTR.

#6 10 years ago

Had I not read they were the same I would not have know... The game has changed x-men pro! Go for it

#7 10 years ago

I have to agree with everyone else here... They feel, act, & play like totally different games

#8 10 years ago

Cool to hear. TSPP is only on the block because I've played it thoroughly for 8 years and it gets the least attention these days. Thanks for all the opinions.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'd never trade either Tron or XM for TSPP.

Your loss, brotha!

#10 10 years ago

I thought you already had TFLE...

I think xmen and tron are very close in feel. But xmen doesn't feel as good as tron.

#11 10 years ago

I own both and to me they are completely different games. To me Tron is a little overrated (just a little) and X-Men is underrated. But I will say that Tron is the only pinball machine (5) that has never given me any problems. I mean that game is solid.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

But I will say that Tron is the only pinball machine (5) that has never given me any problems. I mean that game is solid.

I agree, I haven't had a single problem with my Tron Pro.

#13 10 years ago

I own all 3 games you are discussing. I like them all. tron & xmen do not feel too similar. Tough choice between TFLE and Xmen Pro. I personally give a slight edge to TFLE.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I own all 3 games you are discussing. I like them all. tron & xmen do not feel too similar. Tough choice between TFLE and Xmen Pro. I personally give a slight edge to TFLE.

You have the exact lineup I would love to have.

#15 10 years ago

Tron and Xmen are NOTHING alike IMO...I wouldn't buy Xmen or Transformers personally...don't like either of them enough to buy one...

#16 10 years ago

Tron and Xmen are great titles. I don't think they play alike at all...

I would love to get a Tron Pro for my collection some day...

#17 10 years ago

I have xmen, lotr, tav and TSPP, none will leave, all are very different, all get played a lot. My next machine down the road is likely to be tron.

#18 10 years ago

Yeah, two totally different games on a variety of levels. From what I can tell X-Men is deeper and requires longer games to complete, whereas Tron is short and sweet yet never seems to get old.

#19 10 years ago

I do not see the comparison. Very different games in every way I can think of.

#20 10 years ago

I love Tron. Don't care for X-Men at all (and I owned it). So no, they are most certainly not too similar!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love Tron. Don't care for X-Men at all (and I owned it). So no, they are most certainly not too similar!

I can vouch for Rob on that statement. He hates xmen so bad I had to buy 2 to keep an equilibrium in the universe or we would all vanish from this existence.....you're welcome.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I can vouch for Rob on that statement. He hates xmen so bad I had to buy 2 to keep an equilibrium in the universe or we would all vanish from this existence.....you're welcome.

Lol

Thanks for your help bud!

3 months later
#23 10 years ago

Sorry to bump an old thread but reading this post made me laugh so hard I had to revive the thread.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-pro-and-tron-pro-too-similar-for-the-same-lineup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.