Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So I wanted to try turning on hero stacking along with the other 2 stacking options to get to Danger Room tonight. I completed all heros and was waiting to see the danger room insert light up.
Nothing. I went through several heros and villains and still nothing. All heros solidly lit, and no danger room.

If you turn on hero stacking is it impossible to get to danger room?

#2 10 years ago

Did you beat Magneto? It won't if you did not.

#3 10 years ago

I thought the Magneto requirement was in 1.04 and in 1.05 (March) they removed the Magneto requirement.

In Rcades explanation some time ago...

They said all heroes needed to be completed (not just started). Danger Room has no more
ties to the Magneto multiball. So it lights at the scoop after the 8th hero has been
completed.

This is incorrect? You still need to beat Magneto?

Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Did you beat Magneto? It won't if you did not.

#4 10 years ago

Hmm, maybe someone else will chime in. The other day I got to DR after I completed Magneto. Not sure if all the heroes complete. I don't think they were.

#5 10 years ago

Oh BTW...I had hero staking on. Never got to it without it on. I may have to take the glass off and investigate.

#6 10 years ago

If memory serves correct, DR *should* light as soon as all Hero modes are completed. I have an LE, so I'm not sure if the pro for whatever reason has Mags as a requirement. Let me know if so, and I'll addendum my rules sheet.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

If memory serves correct, DR *should* light as soon as all Hero modes are completed. I have an LE, so I'm not sure if the pro for whatever reason has Mags as a requirement. Let me know if so, and I'll addendum my rules sheet.

I'm with Rcade on this one. I have a LE and to get to Danger Room you only need to beat each hero mode. That was with hero stacking off.

To get to Dark Phoenix you need to BEAT Magneto Multiball, but getting a Magneto Multiball super jackpot.

I never tried any glass off testing with hero stacking on. It may make a difference, but I assumed all qualifications to get to DR and DP would be the same. I also assumed it would be the same on LE and Pro.

#8 10 years ago

I have always played with hero stacking on. I am not much help as I have never completed all hero's . I almost did tonight wolverine was the only hero still flashing. I no most of the X-MEN players seem to not enable Hero stacking. I hope that having it enabled would not effect getting to Danger Room .

Quoted from PinDescabarian:BTW...I had hero staking on. Never got to it without it on. I may have to take the glass off and investigate

Let us know what you hind out. Thanks!!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I have always played with hero stacking on. I am not much help as I have never completed all hero's . I almost did tonight wolverine was the only hero still flashing. I no most of the X-MEN players seem to not enable Hero stacking. I hope that having it enabled would not effect getting to Danger Room .

I went away from Hero stacking when 1.24 came out....but went back and tried it again after I read your thread about how fun it was. I have to agree with you. It does not seem as crazy as it once was. Not sure if they cleaned it up some with the update or if understanding the rules from Rcade rule postings have made it more enjoyable. With 1.23 software default to open a mode was one shot. To make the game palatable most would change the settings to a two shot mode start in settings. Now, default setting when hero stacking is turned on it is a standard two shots to open the modes. Long story short...game seems refined and keeps me coming back over and over.

#10 10 years ago

BTW, I will look into it tomorrow and get back.

#11 10 years ago

I'm on the latest code, but I happen to like hero stacking. I just make it so you need two shots to start a hero mode instead of 1, but I can stack hero's with villains and vice versa. I can confirm that at least with hero stacking on, Danger Room is still linked to beating Magneto Multiball with all hero's started (not completed) like it was in 1.24. Did it yesterday (162M after only getting 5M in Danger Room). Danger Room has also been re-worked in this latest code from 1.24. Only lit shots to start DR are Magneto, and the two orbits (left and right). I drained before I hit all three but I never got it to kick a second ball. Tough deal!!

Now whether hero stacking changes the DR requirement, I cannot say, I love stacking modes so I haven't played any games since it became an option.

On another note, it does seem like the beast shot is glitched during Weapon X multiball. If I get beast running, then start WeaponX multiball, I can't for the life of me complete Beast. Other hero's can be completed during Weapon X (just not started).

#12 10 years ago

Oh, and after I failed DR, I went on to finish all the hero modes that I had previously started and not completed. All hero's were solidly lit, and I didn't even get so much as a "good job getting all the hero's" call out for my trouble. I was hoping for DR to light again or at least some bonus or something! Zip Zilch Nada

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

I'm on the latest code, but I happen to like hero stacking. I just make it so you need two shots to start a hero mode instead of 1, but I can stack hero's with villains and vice versa. I can confirm that at least with hero stacking on, Danger Room is still linked to beating Magneto Multiball with all hero's started (not completed) like it was in 1.24. Did it yesterday (162M after only getting 5M in Danger Room). Danger Room has also been re-worked in this latest code from 1.24. Only lit shots to start DR are Magneto, and the two orbits (left and right). I drained before I hit all three but I never got it to kick a second ball. Tough deal!!

Now whether hero stacking changes the DR requirement, I cannot say, I love stacking modes so I haven't played any games since it became an option.

On another note, it does seem like the beast shot is glitched during Weapon X multiball. If I get beast running, then start WeaponX multiball, I can't for the life of me complete Beast. Other hero's can be completed during Weapon X (just not started).

Thanks for confirming. Rcade may want to look into and add to the rules sheet for "hero stacking modes" to qualify for DR.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from drshaw:

Danger Room is still linked to beating Magneto Multiball with all hero's started (not completed) like it was in 1.24. Did it yesterday (162M after only getting 5M in Danger Room).

Let's say you do not beat Magneto Multi-ball . I have never done it. But I have almost completed all the Hero's. that being said are you saying there are two paths two take to get to Danger room? Beat all Hero's = DR Beat Magneto MG and get all HERO's Flashing = DR I am confused which is common .

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Let's say you do not beat Magneto Multi-ball . I have never done it. But I have almost completed all the Hero's. that being said are you saying there are two paths two take to get to Danger room? Beat all Hero's = DR Beat Magneto MG and get all HERO's Flashing = DR I am confused which is common

With hero stacking on the only way to meet requirements to light DR scoop is complete Magneto MB and have started not necessarily finished all hero modes.

With hero stacking off it sounds like to qualify for DR you need to complete all hero modes. Do not need Magneto MB completed to open.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Let's say you do not beat Magneto Multi-ball . I have never done it. But I have almost completed all the Hero's. that being said are you saying there are two paths two take to get to Danger room? Beat all Hero's = DR Beat Magneto MG and get all HERO's Flashing = DR I am confused which is common .

At least with hero-stacking on, the only way I've gotten to DR is by beating Magneto Multi-ball (getting him worked down and hitting the super jackpot) WITH all hero's at least started. They do not need to be completed. Oh, and it also has to be 4-ball magneto multiball, not 2 or 3.... Last tip: completed hero's will do more damage to Magneto than non-completed hero's.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

With hero stacking on the only way to meet requirements to light DR scoop is complete Magneto MB and have started not necessarily finished all hero modes.
With hero stacking off it sounds like to qualify for DR you need to complete all hero modes. Do not need Magneto MB completed to open.

That basically sound like hero stacking on is 1.23 default qualifications and hero stacking off is 1.24 default qualifications.

It sounds like 1 is just as hard as the other. The bottle neck in 1.23 is hitting the Mags super and the tough part in 1.24 is BEATING all of the hero modes.

I do think it would be a cool if there were 2 paths to Danger Room as someone suggested, but I don't think the hero stacking or no stacking should be a factor. The 2 different qualifiers would work fine as:

START all heroes and get a Mags super jackpot (in any order).

OR

BEAT all hero modes (no Mags super jackpot required).

I would probably say the first way would be easier...and even a bit more easy if the hero stacking was turned on, but still no cake walk.

#18 10 years ago

I checked tonight too. With hero stacking ON, if you complete all heroes, you do not get DR. With hero stacking OFF, you get to DR by completing all heroes.

Now lets see a great code update tomorrow!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-pro-105-and-danger-room and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.