image.jpg
wolverine-2-765.jpg
wolverine-1-156.jpg
20140216_011113.jpg
136.JPG
image.jpg
IMG_3334.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Which Xmen do you prefer overall and why ?

#2 10 years ago

Magneto . Because it is the one i have .

#3 10 years ago

X-MEN Wolverine LE

#4 10 years ago

Lot of people like Wolverine but the lightning on Magneto is BA!

#5 10 years ago

I like the moving ramp, spinning wheel and looks of the LE.

#6 10 years ago

IMHO the difference between LE and pro is quite a bit...probably the most diverse since Stern started the pro\ LE (well maybe not LOTR) when it comes to actual game play. People bitch about the moving ramp but ..it's deigned to be a skill\timing shot to hit Iceman the second time. The spinning disc is probably one of the coolest MB starts.

The Nightcrawlers are integrated sooo well in danger room

Colored GI (which does nothing for me) for picking your villain modes

From there it's red or blue...

#7 10 years ago

This one!

IMG_3334.JPGIMG_3334.JPG
#8 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

The Nightcrawlers

How could I forget. The NC are awesome.

#10 10 years ago

The PRO for the money is amazing.

#11 10 years ago

Magneto all the way for me, even though Wolverine seemed to be the more popular edition.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The PRO for the money is amazing.

How much the LE has dropped, both are great deals.

#13 10 years ago

Torn how to vote, I have Wolvy but like the Magneto decals better, I dont think I'd ever trade though if it came up?

#14 10 years ago

I like the LE and like both Magneto and Wolverine, but I got a Wolverine because that was available when i was looking at the price i wanted to pay.

#15 10 years ago

Where's Rcade and his adamite wolverine edition!?!

#16 10 years ago

Wolverine-

Art
Character
Color
Character recognition- People who may not know any other character in the X-Men universe likely know Wolverine. He is one of the most bad ass looking comic characters of all time.

Magneto is nothing to scoff at though.

#17 10 years ago

People bitch about the moving ramp but ..it's deigned to be a skill\timing shot to hit Iceman the second time.

Agreed.

Hitting the ramp before it moves is an awesome feeling. In the current code, if you drain because its moving, its your fault.

Colored GI (which does nothing for me) for picking your villain modes

That is one of my favorite features.

#18 10 years ago

It would be cool if the poll separated owners from non-owners of the game.

#19 10 years ago

Wolverine all the way.

wolverine-1-156.jpgwolverine-1-156.jpg wolverine-2-765.jpgwolverine-2-765.jpg
#20 10 years ago

Magneto...... Cab and bg were more my flavor, Also i thought the Wolvie package had too much of one color, blue.

136.JPG136.JPG
#21 10 years ago

Never cared for the wolverine blue cab. It's a preference thing for sure. Magneto got my attention the first time I saw a picture of it. Traded an AFM for a NIB magneto & couldn't be happier.

#22 10 years ago

It's the cornerstone of my collection

20140216_011113.jpg20140216_011113.jpg
#23 10 years ago

Great pic Breadfan. I have the same 4 games. You have a whole Borg corner going. Love all three of those games right now (IM, Xmen and Tron).

I also have to agree that the LE is the way to go. I love all of the additions. NCs are well implemented, Iceman ramp is strategic and dangerous, spinning disc can be subtle at times but is awesome for Mag MB, and color changing lights are amazing.

I personally prefer the Magneto version over Wolvie, but the chrome package on Wolverine looks killer too.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Where's Rcade and his adamite wolverine edition!?!

LOL! I'm right here, couldn't post because I was paying my dues at Disney on Ice.

And yes, my vote is for a Wolvie LE with a full chrome package: armor, coin door, apron and shooter housing. It is, without a doubt, the most breathtaking pin I have ever seen under these conditions. It just works so well with color scheme. And I say that objectively, NOT just because I have $1,500 in chrome .

MagsLE's look really sweet as well tho. Would have been even more awesome if the red powder coat was the same as ST premiums are.

#26 10 years ago

Collection speaks loudest. Magneto Like the colors and BG better.

#27 10 years ago

I remember when they were announced. Wolvies flew and Magnetos sat. Wolverine is a hero! Magneto is not. Now they evened out looks like.

#28 10 years ago

Had Wolverine, then Magneto, now pro LOL

#29 10 years ago

Magneto LE has the best backglass, simply badass!

#30 10 years ago

To the owners, would you sell you're game now that the code has gotten better or are you holding on to it. My Magneto is a keeper for me

#31 10 years ago

My Pro is a keeper. It was before the new code and it's cemented now with 1.5x.

#32 10 years ago

I picked Wolverine when I bought NIB and had my choice. So glad I chose wisely!

#33 10 years ago

Pro all the way! Ok, really, I would prefer an LE, but I am just not that spendy Great bang for the buck on either LE or Pro but the artwork on the Pro is my favorite by far. The new code update makes the extra ball on the Nightcrawler ramps actually obtainable. That was my biggest beef with the Pro model.

#34 10 years ago

I dont see my Wolvie going anywhere for quite some time

#35 10 years ago

Not going anywhere.

#36 10 years ago

Wolverine's my favorite comic book character, so it was never even a question as to which one I'd have, but I've still yet to see a Magneto in person. I imagine it's gotta be amazing considering the difference in the Wolverine pics vs the actual machine itself.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Which Xmen do you prefer overall and why ?

Pro. I think the LE Ice Man ramp is actually a negative feature. The spinning disk and Nightcrawler are marginal at best as Night Crawler is under utilized. With the newer magnet power with the last code revision, I don't miss the spinning disk at all, plenty of action from the magnets themselves now. Cabinet art and translite/backglasses are great on all versions. I do like the lights on the LE, but otherwise I think the Pro is an equal or better experience and since it is so much cheaper, it has my vote.

For the record, I don't and have never owned any version, but I think the game is really solid now and challenging. I would love to own one someday.

#38 10 years ago

You honestly can't go wrong with either one. I owned XM Wolvy twice. Great game.

#39 10 years ago

Wolverine

IS

X-Men

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Pro. I think the LE Ice Man ramp is actually a negative feature. The spinning disk and Nightcrawler are marginal at best as Night Crawler is under utilized. With the newer magnet power with the last code revision, I don't miss the spinning disk at all, plenty of action from the magnets themselves now. Cabinet art and translite/backglasses are great on all versions. I do like the lights on the LE, but otherwise I think the Pro is an equal or better experience and since it is so much cheaper, it has my vote.
For the record, I don't and have never owned any version, but I think the game is really solid now and challenging. I would love to own one someday.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they will all vary greatly.

There certainly is a negative to the IM ramp in that shots to it when in the home (right) position, will not usually trigger an inlane switch. Sucks, but it does make the game a bit harder. But for me personally I love how the ramp moves to set up multiple IM ramp shots and how there is a risk of draining if you don't time your shot right. Risk-reward.

The magnets do seem a lot more powerful now. But I don't feel like the spinning disc is marginal. It is awesome at the start of Mag MB, and does in a more subtle manner, affect other shots in the game when running.

I cannot at all agree that the NC's are marginal and under utilized. Key reward for completing 3 heroes (completing the mode gets you an important extra ball). NC mode also gives good points for further completion. Awesome implementation in shaking before falling and transporting from one to the other. Also, he used as a shot in both Rogue (in a different manner than NC mode too as he pops back and forth much more quickly), and at times, Xavier. Plus, very importantly, the NC mechs are used in a killer way in Danger Room by blocking/ shielding the shots you have to hit to defeat DR. This cannot be replicated in the pro.

Plus you cannot replicate the awesome color changing modes in a pro.

One can certainly argue that Xmen pro is a great game as is, but, IMO at least, it cannot hold a candle to an LE.

#41 10 years ago

I agree totally with you about the LE. Amazing game just needs a polishing to be finished

#42 10 years ago

I just got back from playing a Magneto at my buddies house last night.

Superbands + New Code = EPIC GAME!!

Seriously it was awesome!!! We were two hero's away from Danger Room and only two Villains away from Dark Phoenix! We also combo'd enough times to "hire" deadpool. It was also clear the blackbird scoop had new awards too like Start Hero mode.... Loved it!

#43 10 years ago

Here you go, don't think I need to say anything else.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#44 10 years ago
Quoted from wellarmed:

Magneto . Because it is the one i have .

Me too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-model-preference and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.