You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-714.jpg
image-439.jpg
image-75.jpg
#1 10 years ago

At times the left ramp on my xmenle will reject a good shot, I believe the physical wire that the ball makes contact with is part of the problem with those rejected shots. I moved the switch to the spot just before the VUK in order to avoid any deflection yet still serve the same funtion, minus activating the switch on a weak shot and rolling back down. The new location is only a good thing imho.

The pics below are after the move. The first and last pic shows the old location, withe the screws put back to save them and fill the holes.

So far I am very happy with the "mod"

image-75.jpgimage-75.jpgimage-714.jpgimage-714.jpgimage-439.jpgimage-439.jpg

#2 10 years ago

It takes about 10 minutes, and no holes need to be drilled. The switch fits in existing holes and I moved one of the spacers from the original location to even out the two screws.

#3 10 years ago

Nice, might have to give this an go myself.

#4 10 years ago

Hmmm, I never thought to move the switch. I put a 1/4" spacer under it to keep the ball from hitting the bracket. Might have to try this.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Hmmm, I never thought to move the switch. I put a 1/4" spacer under it to keep the ball from hitting the bracket. Might have to try this.

Yours was hitting the bracket?

The left ramp is a inherently difficult shot because of the steepness of it, and the choppy transition past the nightcrawler. I decided to move the switch to avoid any amount of unwanted deflection. So far it is 90% better, the other 10% is likely human error on my part. It still requires a accurate shot compared to other games because of the pitch. I no longer see the same type of regection though. I had suspected this to be a problem 8 months ago before I traded the game, but now that its back it was time to fix it.

Long live the XMEN!

#6 10 years ago

Mine didn't get rejections from the switch but rather from the plastic cover over the ramp. I added three spacers where the cover mounted and that solved my issue.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Mine didn't get rejections from the switch but rather from the plastic cover over the ramp. I added three spacers where the cover mounted and that solved my issue.

Ahhh. That may still be an issue. I will keep an eye out for that, so far so good though. At any rate, I like the new position of the switch, you are only rewarded points for a completed shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-left-ramp-switch-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.