(Topic ID: 33546)

XMEN LE: replaced all GI with Cointaker retros, looks very nice.

By Buckman

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I replaced the white, red and blue Double LEDs that are in all the GI on our Wolverine and put in Cointaker white, red and blue retros (plus I put in a few that are frosteds where they are in view). Overall I really like the machine with the retros better, just gives it a nicer look. I find the Double LEDs just don't throw out as much overall light as compared to the retros.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone who might be looking to brighten up their Xmen LE a little bit. To me I like the change, it's worth it.

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=150

#2 11 years ago

Retros are really blinding if you look at them directly, or even if you catch them in your peripheral vision if you're playing a game next to it. So - I'd still leave the 2-LEDs in spots where you can see them (slings, etc) ...but Retros are great if they're covered up by plastics & guides.

If you're gonna order CT bulbs for X-Men - get some #555 2-LED pinks and put them in the pop bumpers! Looks awesome & goes w/ the "Gambit Cards" motif!

#3 11 years ago

I did pink 555 CT premiums in the pops as the dome is more decorative than those double led domes. I can't stand the fact though the pop light mounts are just loose and the lights come out all different angles... Esp compared with the acdc pop pumper tops which look sweet (quality).

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd still leave the 2-LEDs in spots where you can see them (slings

Forgot to mention, I did leave the Double LEDs in the return lanes (but I did put the retros in the slings and they look great in there - I hear you on the blinding effect / peripheral vision and in the slings on XMen I found no problems at all and also found it okay when I'm playing the machines beside Xmen). Did put a couple of frosteds mid way up on the right and left side where you can see them more directly.

Quoted from Rarehero:

get some #555 2-LED pinks

On my next order I'll order some up, I think that would look very cool! Nice idea.

4 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-le-replaced-all-gi-with-cointaker-retros-looks-very-nice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.