Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PEN
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I was wondering if the 555 12v flasher on the magneto post should be on during attract mode. It just stays on fully until you start a game then reacts as it should. I know from Metallica that the Sparky flashers same type I believe, r not on all the time. Let me know please. Also I'm curious to know if most players are using the stackable modes adjustment in the latest code default is off. Just got the game Magneto version and its pretty great but seems to need tweaking in the rules to really reach it's full potential any advice would help. Thanks very much.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I was wondering if the 555 12v flasher on the magneto post should be on during attract mode. It just stays on fully until you start a game then reacts as it should. I know from Metallica that the Sparky flashers same type I believe, r not on all the time. Let me know please. Also I'm curious to know if most players are using the stackable modes adjustment in the latest code default is off. Just got the game Magneto version and its pretty great but seems to need tweaking in the rules to really reach it's full potential any advice would help. Thanks very much.

You might be right on that flasher being on all the time. I have to check. If so, maybe it is somehow running at half voltage? No idea really.

I do have stacking of heroes on and until recently, had their mode times set higher so myself and others could enjoy it more. Don't let anyone tell you how to setup your machine. Set it how you want it. They can buy their own if they don't like it.

#3 9 years ago

It's not a 555 bulb, it's a 161. If you put a 555 bulb in it, it will burn up and has been reported to melt the spotlight and socket. It does stay on during attract mode.

I left the stacking to OFF (as the default is). In my opinion the game is a mess with the hero / hero stacking on.

I agree that more tweaking is needed, but chances are that is not going to happen. I would be very surprised and grateful if they would just do another bug fix update.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It's not a 555 bulb, it's a 161. If you put a 555 bulb in it, it will burn up and has been reported to melt the spotlight and socket. It does stay on during attract mode.
I left the stacking to OFF (as the default is). In my opinion the game is a mess with the hero / hero stacking on.
I agree that more tweaking is needed, but chances are that is not going to happen. I would be very surprised and grateful if they would just do another bug fix update.

Dug,

I think he just meant 555 socket type. Did you see my thread on the Nightcrawler bug? I was hoping you could try it on the LE if you have 1.51 installed.

#5 9 years ago

Yes its always on in attract mode. Then acts normal during modes when a game is started.
Changing game setting/stacking to see how you like it best. I have it on, because guests can just flail away.
But turn it off sometimes for myself.

#6 9 years ago

I'm also having trouble with the iceman ramp??? Its just goes back and forth for no reason and never really settles back in the correct position. This is a NIB purchase so not sure what's going on with it. I turned it off and actually like it staying stationary but still, it should work proper. Thanks again for the help

#7 9 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. Its an underrated game. Its right up there on my fun factor list with a couple other pins you have (Met and IM).

To my knowledge, the Iceman ramp should work as follows:

When you start Iceman's mode, it moves from the right to the left and stays there until you hit the first Iceman shot. Then it moves back and forth every few seconds. Hitting Iceman a second time finishes the mode, and you get extra points if you hit it with it over to the left (triggering the left inlane switch).

In Sabertooth, he moves back and forth when you hit Wolverine. Each time you hit Wolvie, he moves to the other side and it changes which side's shots count as hits to Sabertooth.

He also moves in Magneto's mode, but I can't recall for sure when.

Other than that, I think the ramp should stay on the right.

As far as stacking, pick what you like. I have all stacking on and I really like it (its preferred that way by most all of my guests too). I have tried hero/hero stacking off, and I just didn't like it as much. The nice strategy part of all stacking on is you have to get Magneto's SJP AFTER getting all heroes at least flashing (don't need to complete them), and you have to get the Mag SJP in a 4 ball multiball. Hence, you usually have to try to get Phoenix and Rogue shots out of the way early (before locks are lit) so as to not start the Mag MB before getting all heroes. Or else you have to get Mag started again for a second time.

#8 9 years ago

I would guess the Iceman ramp issue is a problem with one of the 2 switches that tell the game where the ramp is.

Go into Diagnostics, then XMen. Then close the coin door. Press the starting button should make the ramp go to the left and stop. Hitting it again should make it go beack to the right (home) position. The DMD will also show the #34 and #35 switches and they should light up when the ramp hits each side (one side is 34 and the other is 35).

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Congrats on the purchase. Its an underrated game. Its right up there on my fun factor list with a couple other pins you have (Met and IM).
To my knowledge, the Iceman ramp should work as follows:
When you start Iceman's mode, it moves from the right to the left and stays there until you hit the first Iceman shot. Then it moves back and forth every few seconds. Hitting Iceman a second time finishes the mode, and you get extra points if you hit it with it over to the left (triggering the left inlane switch).
In Sabertooth, he moves back and forth when you hit Wolverine. Each time you hit Wolvie, he moves to the other side and it changes which side's shots count as hits to Sabertooth.
He also moves in Magneto's mode, but I can't recall for sure when.
Other than that, I think the ramp should stay on the right.
As far as stacking, pick what you like. I have all stacking on and I really like it (its preferred that way by most all of my guests too). I have tried hero/hero stacking off, and I just didn't like it as much. The nice strategy part of all stacking on is you have to get Magneto's SJP AFTER getting all heroes at least flashing (don't need to complete them), and you have to get the Mag SJP in a 4 ball multiball. Hence, you usually have to try to get Phoenix and Rogue shots out of the way early (before locks are lit) so as to not start the Mag MB before getting all heroes. Or else you have to get Mag started again for a second time.

It will also go to the left when you hit a 5 way combo. I think it stays there and the Iceman ramp is open for repeat comboing as long as you keep that 5+ combo alive.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It will also go to the left when you hit a 5 way combo. I think it stays there and the Iceman ramp is open for repeat comboing as long as you keep that 5+ combo alive.

Never knew that! That's cool. Either I don't hit a lot of 5 ways (likely as I suck), or I never noticed that.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Never knew that! That's cool. Either I don't hit a lot of 5 ways (likely as I suck), or I never noticed that.

I've only done it 2 or 3 times myself. It really catches me off guard. The combo is usually over before the ramp makes it over and I can take advantage of it. I'm sure the main goal is to contentiously "loop" the Iceman ramp, though I don't think it does anything special on the DMD or sound wise.

I always thought it would be a cool reward for it to hold the ramp to the left after completing Iceman mode with the ramp to the left. Like a "Hey, you completed the mode correctly (with the ramp on the left)! Enjoy as many shots in a row as you can to the Iceman ramp." and have every ramp shot grow in value.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I've only done it 2 or 3 times myself. It really catches me off guard. The combo is usually over before the ramp makes it over and I can take advantage of it. I'm sure the main goal is to contentiously "loop" the Iceman ramp, though I don't think it does anything special on the DMD or sound wise.
I always thought it would be a cool reward for it to hold the ramp to the left after completing Iceman mode with the ramp to the left. Like a "Hey, you completed the mode correctly (with the ramp on the left)! Enjoy as many shots in a row as you can to the Iceman ramp." and have every ramp shot grow in value.

Sounds more like Borg said in the original rules video.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I would guess the Iceman ramp issue is a problem with one of the 2 switches that tell the game where the ramp is.
Go into Diagnostics, then XMen. Then close the coin door. Press the starting button should make the ramp go to the left and stop. Hitting it again should make it go beack to the right (home) position. The DMD will also show the #34 and #35 switches and they should light up when the ramp hits each side (one side is 34 and the other is 35).

You can also pull out the high power toggle and leave he coin door open.

#14 9 years ago

I turned off the motor and actually don't mind it just being stationary, I'm going to check the switches but now that I know it does move back and forth during some modes helps. I have to say would have preferred a clear ramp that doesn't move at all. Great game I played it all night and man once you start to feel the shots it awesome, the sound and lights are good as well, it is such a great compliment to my other pins.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I turned off the motor and actually don't mind it just being stationary, I'm going to check the switches but now that I know it does move back and forth during some modes helps. I have to say would have preferred a clear ramp that doesn't move at all. Great game I played it all night and man once you start to feel the shots it awesome, the sound and lights are good as well, it is such a great compliment to my other pins.

Totally agree. I disabled my ramp as well. I love all other LE features except this one. I also mounted a switch so the inlane can be hit on ramp shot. Make sure its possible to beat iceman still.

#16 9 years ago

With the ramp disabled in the settings, you could probably buy a Pro Ice-Man ramp and switch it out so it would be more like the Pro. This would allow it to drop above the switch in the right lane. Also, you could buy the hex posts, the flasher and the flasher socket and wire it up to the other yellow one to make it exactly like the Pro.

#17 9 years ago

Give the ramp a chance. It is one of my favorite features on the game. You are defiantly having a switch problem and need to adjust one or both of the switches. I and many others have had this issue, but once it is adjusted it will give you no troubles.

Give it a chance. It is a unique theme feature that probably will not be seen in any other games.

#18 9 years ago

<blockqu ote cite="#1676889">Give the ramp a chance. It is one of my favorite features on the game. You are defiantly having a switch problem and need to adjust one or both of the switches. I and many others have had this issue, but once it is adjusted it will give you no troubles.
Give it a chance. It is a unique theme feature that probably will not be seen in any other games.

The ramp is my favorite feature of the game. Very risky,& takes skill.

#19 9 years ago

I like the moving ramp. Adds another dimension to the game. I usually like to have Xavier one shot away from starting when I go to start Iceman that way it gives Iceman ramp time to move over and I end up with Xavier and Iceman running. If Xavier doesn't start, then I have to hit a Cyclops/Storm combo to give the ramp time to move over. And the Storm shot isn't the easiest shot when the ramp moving....

On another note, I finally made it to Danger Room this weekend. It's awesome. I restarted the mode 3 times and finally drained with one Beast shot left to start it again.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I like the moving ramp. Adds another dimension to the game. I usually like to have Xavier one shot away from starting when I go to start Iceman that way it gives Iceman ramp time to move over and I end up with Xavier and Iceman running. If Xavier doesn't start, then I have to hit a Cyclops/Storm combo to give the ramp time to move over. And the Storm shot isn't the easiest shot when the ramp moving....
On another note, I finally made it to Danger Room this weekend. It's awesome. I restarted the mode 3 times and finally drained with one Beast shot left to start it again.

I made it to DR yesterday for the first time without stacking on. Almost finished the mode before I drained. What a rush it was! I ended up scoring 69 Mil in the mode. My end score was 140 Mil. Not even one of my high scores. I thought for sure It would be.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't give up on the ramp. The more you play the better you get at it, and the rush of completing the mode before the ramp returns for good, without shooting it in motion and draining is awesome. It just takes some time to get use to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-le-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.