• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Breadfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Recently purchased an XMen Wolverine.
I used to see the Nightcrawler mode from time to time.
I haven't seen the nightcrawlers recently and I am not sure I understand how to start that mode.
The card says hit the kickout hole to find nightcrawler but I haven't seen a way to start them.

I have also read about a nightcrawler board problem.
What happens when the board goes bad.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Bill

#2 10 years ago

If you have the latest code they will start after 3 hero modes are completed,during Rogue,or sometimes Xavier.

#3 10 years ago

Hi ,
Complete 3 modes and u get nc mode. But not sure which softwRe u have?
Also during nc comings during rogue mode.

#4 10 years ago

Run them in test mode to see if they pop up and down, if not, there are 2 fuses under the playfield that are in circuit with them, if both those things are good you may have a board issue. What is your version on the Transistor Power driver board, its the small one under the 2 bigger boards in the back box and is referred to as the Auxillary board, RevA or B?

#5 10 years ago

In v1.3 There's also an xmen feature adjustment on the menu for "NC mystery progression enabled", or something like that. It's default is "No". Switching to "yes" makes NC mode the third Blackbird scoop reward.

Otherwise, like everyone said, you get it for competing three hero modes and for beating a villain after completing at least three hero modes, I believe.

NC mode rewards an extra ball for the first completion , and around 6mil or so every complete after that. NC mode after the hero modes and after the villain completion after three hero modes count as two separate modes. So you can get an extra ball for the hero completion NC mode AND the villain completion.

NC mechs are used also, as stated previously, during Rogue, Xavier (only if NC is the "mystery" mutant.....some mystery) and are also used during the Danger Room wizard mode to represent gun turrets and "shields" to block shots.

#6 10 years ago

You need to contact the original buyer of your machine & have them get you a new version board. If you wait till yours fries,you'll have a game just sitting there broke until you can get a new one. When the board fries,both night crawlers will stay up,& the magnet in front of Wolverine burns to a crisp! I had my distributor get me a new one sent before I had the game out of the box. Swapped them our & never had a problem.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks much guys!
I am running v1.3 software and the Aux board is Rev A.

They pop up and down in test so I don't think it's a board problem.

Should I contact Stern and ask them to replace the aux board?

Bill

#8 10 years ago

Thanks again guys.
Thats exactly what I needed to know.

Bill

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from BDillon:

Aux board is Rev A.

For sure man, get the RevB, you will need to contact the distributor the game was originally purchased from, if that Wolvy magnet locks on it will destroy the magnet and will burn the play field if not caught soon enough.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks
I will call on it on Monday.

#11 10 years ago

Good luck with that too. My night crawlers went out so I emailed Stern and got the garbage response of "Call your Distributor" really pissed me off especially since I didn't get it from a distributor! WTF Stern!!

#12 10 years ago

Stern can tell you who the distributor was by serial number. If your machine is less than a year old, which Stern will also know, they will cover it through the distributor no charge. They have been known to cover things a few months outside of warranty, especially for known issues, be nice.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from BDillon:

Thanks again guys.
Thats exactly what I needed to know.
Bill

Don't tell them you want a new board just in case yours fries. Tell them it's fried or they may tell you to wait.

#14 10 years ago

Mine was outside of warranty and they replaced it no problems. But I am the original owner. The board will fail, just a matter of when.

#15 10 years ago

There is really no excuse that Stern didn't do a service bulletin / recall on the revision A aux boards. They know it was a design flaw and fixed it.....but they will only send the new revision out if you contact them and ask.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

There is really no excuse that Stern didn't do a service bulletin / recall on the revision A aux boards. They know it was a design flaw and fixed it.....but they will only send the new revision out if you contact them and ask.

That is some straight up BULLSHIT isnt it? Stern really dropped a deuce on everyone with that.

#17 10 years ago

I have to change my earlier statement. Patrick did get back to me. I actually took my old board to Stern. (I'm only an hour away and I wanted to go to Logan's Hardware). He gave me the new board and harness and everything is great. Yes this sucked but I'm hopefully done with this and I loved this pin anyway!!

#18 10 years ago

I've said it before and will say it again, Pat is an awesome guy to deal with. A credit to Stern.

#19 10 years ago

OK I found out from the previous owner dmesserly (great guy BTW) that he purchased my Wolverine from Trent.
I emailed Trent and he PROMPTLY sent me a reply that said if I gave him my address and serial number he would send me a new board.
He asked me to return the old one.
No questions or BS.
Just great customer service (thanks Trent).
Thanks to all for your replies and advice.

BTW I love the game.

Bill

#20 10 years ago

All my new pins have been through Trent. Great distributor. Your gonna love Xmen LE! Probably the hardest pin I own,but always come back for more abuse. Enjoy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-le-nightcrawler-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.