(Topic ID: 38768)

Xmen LE Magneto SOLD

By DCfoodfreak

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Will you take $ 5K tonight ?

#52 11 years ago

Lol!

#53 11 years ago

No, but I'd trade mine for Ironman

#54 11 years ago

one can only imagine what just transpired <- referring to the fact that B_R was temporarily banned sometime after that post

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Classic!!

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Will you take $ 5K tonight ?

...the f*****ck!?

#57 11 years ago

Did not happen.

#58 11 years ago

Morning Bump

Stern Pinball Xmen Magneto with Shaker Motor and Mirror Blades 5500.

#59 11 years ago

2 weeks at $5500? Why isn't this sold?! *Please don't quote me and add comments about code

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

2 weeks at $5500? Why isn't this sold?! *Please don't quote me and add comments about code

OK. I'll bite.

Code.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Code.

You brought this on yourself, you know...

-Wes

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

OK. I'll bite.
Code.

Quoted from copperpot:

Code.
You brought this on yourself, you know...
-Wes

Thumbs down for all of you!!!

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Thumbs down for all of you!!!

Seriously, this is the ONLY problem with XMEN. I love the layout, the look, the art package; everything is exceptional... except the code.

I think a casual player won't really notice all of the problems, here everyone does. Once the update comes out things will change, I'm a positive thinker

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Because a large group of people do not feel it is worth $5500 or even $4500 for that matter.

#65 11 years ago

Its all code.
When I looked for games about a year and half ago I could have bought Tron LE and IM from Amazon, Best Buy and many Vendors. They did not sell out pre sale. They sat a long time. We had one year of insanity and now folks are shocked that games take a while to sell.
I have had many offers at 5k but truly believe we are close witha new code update.
Either it will turn the game around and you will read all about it or folks will go back to the alst code update. The game is worth its price with the old code. I bet more if they nail it.

#66 11 years ago

Code Code Code... AHGHH!H!H!?!?!?

That's all I ever hear about XMen.

Some of you should just shutup, play the game, and ENJOY your pinball machine.

While I agree that the code definitely needs to be "re-worked" it doesn't make the game unplayable.

It's Friday!!! Grab your nuts, or a beer, and jam some pinball!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Code Code Code... AHGHH!H!H!?!?!?
That's all I ever hear about XMen.
Some of you should just shutup, play the game, and ENJOY your pinball machine.
While I agree that the code definitely needs to be "re-worked" it doesn't make the game unplayable.
Grab your nuts, or a beer and jam some pinball!

Well, I do play the game and I do enjoy it to some degree. However, the code is not in the polished state that a game at this price level should be 9 months after release.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Well, I do play the game and I do enjoy it to some degree. However, the code is not in the polished state that a game at this price level should be 9 months after release.

Agreed!

#69 11 years ago

Which is all the reason why it's a good time to buy now at $5500. I've also had a few $5,000 offers for my Wolverine. But, with the new code coming (and we all know it is) it will for sure be worth $5,500 or probably more.

#70 11 years ago

Post edited by muttonboy : unnecesarry comment in a for sale thread

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Well, I had over 2000 games played easy on the previous versions of code total. and about 10 since the latest code.... This is the only game and code version that gets GREATLY less fun and more annoying the better you are at the game. All the other versions were hard, but VERY rewarding when you were on your game.

With villain modes and wizard mode broken, you can see the entire game in one ball..... hit every shot twice, start Magneto Multiball and keep at least two balls alive until you get the super.... Congrats, hit the scoop and you've seen the entire game. Last time I did it I just turned it off without playing the other balls. no point.

There seems to be a correlation between how many pins one has, and how they actually "play", and whether or not they are ok with the code in my opinion.

It's ok if some like it, no problem I'm happy for you! But no reason to tell others to stop complaining.... this game is actually painful to play in its current state if you hit your shots, I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks for the review.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Thanks for the review.

Uh, while I don't think i went overboard or even said anything out of line, I just realized this is a for sale thread. My post doesn't belong, sorry about that!

#73 11 years ago

Thanks

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Thanks for the review.

Propaganda it would be great if you would do the right thing and eliminate his quote since he obviously apologized.

Thanks in advance.

#75 11 years ago

Its all just code. IM is ok, and was only ok when it came out. Xmen LE is much more game. Its hard to believe IM is getting the money it is, but maybe they only did one run (?). Even at that they still made twice as many of them as Xmen LE.
This is a great deal on Xmen. I'm gonna wait it out for the new code. The latest Tron Le code made a huge difference in the gameplay. Hopefully they will do as good of a job on Xmen. Maybe the IM value is only going up because they are so few and far between. If thats the case Xmen LE will not be far behind in a year or so when more people get a chance to see one since they are not out in the wild much.
Hope you end up with what you want regardless of what it is.

#76 11 years ago

I'd like the OP to do the "right things" in my threads and my posts too. Such a unwarm welcome he gave.

#77 11 years ago

Don't forget the one offer you had for $5,100 from me...sorry, couldn't resist !!!

I truly hope you get your $5,500.......I am sure the game is mint. I will be in Fairfax tomorrow
if you change your mind.....$5,100 in the hand is worth more then $5,550 in the bush.....sorry, couldn't resist.....hang in there.....I just bought a NIB Tron Pro and an NIB AC/DC premium so it is best I stop spending money anyway !!!

#78 11 years ago

I think most LE owners aren't selling. Just a hand full that read this web site & dumped a game less than a year old because of what"they've said"about it?!?!

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

ts all just code. IM is ok, and was only ok when it came out. Xmen LE is much more game. Its hard to believe IM is getting the money it is, but maybe they only did one run (?). Even at that they still made twice as many of them as Xmen LE.

I know Stern did atleast two IM runs as I had some from each Summer of 2010 and Summer 2011 along with Big Buck Hunters also from the same run time picked up or shipped from Trent and the dates were also matched the back of the machines so they were not old distributor stock. I think there are three times more IM than Xmen LE

Quoted from playernumber4:

Maybe the IM value is only going up because they are so few and far between. If thats the case Xmen LE will not be far behind in a year or so when more people get a chance to see one since they are not out in the wild much.

I agree with you all the way on this comparision as many ops and collectors didnt like IM at first as the playfield is not full of toys, but now with all the mods it bring the playfield to life and this pins begs for and looks so good with LED's. The quick ball times are great for operators and even home collectors as it makes you want to play again and again. I just picked up Xmen Wolverine and its not the same but way prettier. I believe the opinion will change some but the shots are tight.

I remember what people were saying about AFM when it first came out that it would not be too sucessful as it had such a sparse playfield and no movie tie in. There was comments at the AMOA on the show floor about how crappy it looked and no oh my how opinion has changed on the pin.
It still didnt stop me from ordering but I only ordered two. Just compare it to a TOM with all the magnets and spinning truck or the movie pin everybody wanted the Shadow with its toys and upper playfield there was real concern from some operators.

I have purchased two pins from the seller and his pins are excellent, great guy! Thiis is a great deal, who doesnt want to save money and at 5500 thats a 1000 below cost with the extra items. Somebody local please buy this before May or I get it and stick it at a movie theatre at the asking price, why not its cheaper than a new pin plus with a new Xmen movie out next Summer the pin will probably go back up to 6500 in price or even higher.
Buddy

#80 11 years ago

Thanks guys. It will sell. I have had two offers for the 5500 but I can't deliver it out of state myself. The right person at the right time ; )

#81 11 years ago

Good luck to you.......my personal opinion is if we are talking "appreciation" like a few are talking I would go a different direction. I believe then you guy a TRON PRO keep it in the box and sell it at X-MAS which buy the way I plan on buying a couple of x-tras (economies of scale which makes sense as it brings down the price on the one you keep). I am doing that on AC/DC premium as well....I buy pins for FUN but my feeling on NIB pins is rather then buy one buy a lot (especially when it is a "hotter pin")......both AC/DC premium and Tron Pro in my mind are better investments as people are all changing the subject to "making money".....the pins I buy for myself I look at differently and for investment purposes a NIB I believe will sell more easily then a HUO especially in about 7-8 months from now....and when you take into account delivery in April time frame to me that is where you take a "shot" on "looking at potential values".....but you have to buy at the right price (that is where economies come into play because of shipping savings) and most importantly the right pin (i.e. AC/DC premium to me is a WINNER and TRON PRO is cheap enough that if this is the last run you should be able to get $5,000-$5,200 all day long for NIB around X-Mas especially in this area).

At $5,500 this is a VERY FAIR PRICE but I disagree strongly that if we are talking "value" this is a slam dunk 6 months out......just my opinion.....but if you truly know you want an X-MEN LE I have been told that by distributors that this is a GOOD PRICE.....personally, I just am not totally sold on the pin and believe if I wanted to get rid of it in a year the chances of getting under $5K is a possibility (I look at the rankings....and this pin continues to tumble and that is NEVER a good sign in my opinion and I doubt the code change makes this a top 20 pin in my opinion and believe it will never be above TRON PRO and AC/DC premium so again if we are talking "investment" (which if you read that is where people are slowly going as they are talking price increases after code) I am not in agreement it is the best "investment choice" at $5.5.......but for a SURE KEEPER that you play it is a VERY GOOD PRICE as you aren't going to find them much cheaper if at all....so the SELLER IS ASKING A FAIR PRICE.....not ripping anyone off by any means......just not worth $5.5 to me.

Good luck....

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Good luck to you.......my personal opinion is if we are talking "appreciation" like a few are talking I would go a different direction. I believe then you guy a TRON PRO keep it in the box and sell it at X-MAS which buy the way I plan on buying a couple of x-tras (economies of scale which makes sense as it brings down the price on the one you keep). I am doing that on AC/DC premium as well....I buy pins for FUN but my feeling on NIB pins is rather then buy one buy a lot (especially when it is a "hotter pin")......both AC/DC premium and Tron Pro in my mind are better investments as people are all changing the subject to "making money".....the pins I buy for myself I look at differently and for investment purposes a NIB I believe will sell more easily then a HUO especially in about 7-8 months from now....and when you take into account delivery in April time frame to me that is where you take a "shot" on "looking at potential values".....but you have to buy at the right price (that is where economies come into play because of shipping savings) and most importantly the right pin (i.e. AC/DC premium to me is a WINNER and TRON PRO is cheap enough that if this is the last run you should be able to get $5,000-$5,200 all day long for NIB around X-Mas especially in this area).
At $5,500 this is a VERY FAIR PRICE but I disagree strongly that if we are talking "value" this is a slam dunk 6 months out......just my opinion.....but if you truly know you want an X-MEN LE I have been told that by distributors that this is a GOOD PRICE.....personally, I just am not totally sold on the pin and believe if I wanted to get rid of it in a year the chances of getting under $5K is a possibility (I look at the rankings....and this pin continues to tumble and that is NEVER a good sign in my opinion and I doubt the code change makes this a top 20 pin in my opinion and believe it will never be above TRON PRO and AC/DC premium so again if we are talking "investment" (which if you read that is where people are slowly going as they are talking price increases after code) I am not in agreement it is the best "investment choice" at $5.5.......but for a SURE KEEPER that you play it is a VERY GOOD PRICE as you aren't going to find them much cheaper if at all....so the SELLER IS ASKING A FAIR PRICE.....not ripping anyone off by any means......just not worth $5.5 to me.
Good luck....

and.... breathe

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Good luck....

Im dizzy.

#84 11 years ago

LOL.....I type fast......good luck this guy is a very good guy from what I hear.....I am just new at this and like to minimize "downside risk" if I decide I am not crazy about the pin.....my point was it is a GOOD PRICE at $5.5K but IMHO there is some risk just do to the lack of popularity and if we were talking investment options (which I wasn't) there are better "risks" in my opinion....I will always buy in lots of 6 NIB because of the shipping advantages was my point and keep 2 and sell 4 and that reduces the cost of the 2 you keep.....but it comes with some risk and I would never do this with an X-MEN but only the pins that are already proven to be "winners or look like winners" and those right now are TRON and AC/DC premium IMHO......you buy in bulk keep 2 and sell the other 4 and because of the savings you end up lowering the cost on the 2 you keep....of course you are laying out some serious cash !!!!

#85 11 years ago

I'll spare the quote option this time.

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

LOL.....I type fast......good luck this guy is a very good guy from what I hear.....I am just new at this and like to minimize "downside risk" if I decide I am not crazy about the pin.....my point was it is a GOOD PRICE at $5.5K but IMHO there is some risk just do to the lack of popularity and if we were talking investment options (which I wasn't) there are better "risks" in my opinion....I will always buy in lots of 6 NIB because of the shipping advantages was my point and keep 2 and sell 4 and that reduces the cost of the 2 you keep.....but it comes with some risk and I would never do this with an X-MEN but only the pins that are already proven to be "winners or look like winners" and those right now are TRON and AC/DC premium IMHO......you buy in bulk keep 2 and sell the other 4 and because of the savings you end up lowering the cost on the 2 you keep....of course you are laying out some serious cash !!!!

And currently you are not the winner in getting Xmen pinball in your home. If you really want it and your so close you two should meet half way in terms of money and get it done. All your speculating about future value will take away from your enjoyment of pinball. Simply you want you get it done, you want 5100 you are paying for shipping and than your still at same price. Enough posting about your offer he knows and is not biting so deal or don't.

I took a loss on pinball sales and ended up happy in the long run.

#87 11 years ago

I think this is a fair price. I was one of the people who offered to pay the asking price if the pin could get to NJ for that price.

Good luck to the seller.

#88 11 years ago

Dave, if you start feeling like a drive don't stop in Jersey. Drop it off in NY and take CSI home.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Dave, if you start feeling like a drive don't stop in Jersey. Drop it off in NY and take CSI home.

I think CSI is top notch pin at this point way better than Xmen but many here dont value it that way.

#90 11 years ago

GAH! So tempting. Ugh.

#91 11 years ago

Ok. Gonna hold out for code. Got talked in to it. ; )

#92 11 years ago

Now your talking.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I think CSI is top notch pin at this point way better than Xmen but many here dont value it that way.

CSI is a pin that is truly low production and doesn't come up for sale often. The "market" for a long time was low 3s but I think it merits more. But too many people may not know what they're missing, so the "value" may be misunderstood and therefore the market lower than if more people had had the chance to really play one after the initial "dis" that all Sterns got 4/5 years ago (including SM and IM). After that they found their homes and stayed put.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

CSI is a pin that is truly low production and doesn't come up for sale often. The "market" for a long time was low 3s but I think it merits more. But too many people may not know what they're missing, so the "value" may be misunderstood and therefore the market lower than if more people had had the chance to really play one after the initial "dis" that all Sterns got 4/5 years ago (including SM and IM). After that they found their homes and stayed put.

CSI is a rad game...I was kinda hoping it would be another WOF/WPT situation with clearance sale blowouts on NIB games, but I don't think that'll ever happen again. If a decently priced one popped up locally, I'd probably snag it.

#95 11 years ago

It's a game I'd like to put in rotation with a bunch of other home owners. Others would be WOF, WPT, 24, NBA, Avatar, BBH and TRS. Games that are quite hard to find in excellent condition or much maligned, whatever. Their owners probably like them enough to want to keep them...but want to play other games in the same general price range. With the option of rotating them with other private owners every couple of months with a group of owners, everybody wins!

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well BR says IM's are worth $3800, so this trade should be a no brainer for him!

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok. Gonna hold out for code. Got talked in to it. ; )

#98 11 years ago

Lol!!! Perfect : )

#100 11 years ago

I won't be getting rid of my game anytime soon, I love the theme, fun game and in my eyes will only improve with better code. I do love my totan and afm, but this game does play different and I like the relative difficulty factor.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-going-search-for-totan-begins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.