(Topic ID: 38768)

Xmen LE Magneto SOLD

By DCfoodfreak

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Stern Xmen Limited Edition Magneto with Mirror blades and shaker motor SOLD

#2 11 years ago

I like the half and half setup too. Some nights I feel like playing the classics all night and others I feel like playing the Sterns (ACDC mostly). Good luck with your XMen sale and getting a Totan. Feel free to bring the kids over some day to see if they like Totan.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Xmen Magneto LE is in the Market Place.
I don't play it, the kids don't play it. Just not my style.

I'm very surprised by this! When did this transformation happen? I thought you were always a pretty big defender of X-Men?

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I like more basic pinball. Its why I like TAV and ACDC. MB and AFM.

Those are great examples of what I consider more classic style of pinball play (except maybe TAV which has a more unique layout). These are the types of tables that I am drawn to as well. ACDC feels more basic/classic because so much of the game play simply involves keeping the ball in play.

As others may point out, three of the four pins that you list as being more basic are fan layouts. To that, I say: so what! You like what you like, and as you say, it's personal taste, not so much the game itself. Pinball is extremely subjective!

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So from all Stern fanboy to half classics and half Sterns. Good tables that match ones taste are good tables. Some old and some new.

Bingo, couldn't agree more! I think my current lineup shows a pretty good mix (as does my prior collection history).

TOTAN is on my wish list too. Not in the cards for me right now though.

Good luck with the search!

#4 11 years ago

so price asking?

#5 11 years ago

Good move: go with the games that YOU enjoy most; forget the reviews, ratings, and easy proclamations made by exceptional players (unless you are one ).

TOTAN is a masterpiece of design, artwork, and sound--just pure fun to play.

#6 11 years ago

I'm looking at a TOTAN tomorrow.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

so price asking?

6K according to the market place ad

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/4905

#8 11 years ago

Thanks.

#9 11 years ago

Man, good luck. That's a tough one to find in good shape, but after playing Tad's, I want one too! Rescue that princess!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Man, good luck. That's a tough one to find in good shape, but after playing Tad's, I want one too! Rescue that princess!

Thanks! I will have to pay… but I feel good about getting one just as nice ; )
Now I just need Stern to release that code update so Xmen is fought over.

#11 11 years ago

I think you have seen the light!

#12 11 years ago

Bump! Xmen Magneto 5500 w shaker motor and mirror blades.

#13 11 years ago

Buy with confidence. Great person and a great seller. Hell of a deal considering shaker motor and mirror blades.

Plus, Hwa takes immaculate care of his electronics.

Somebody snag this.

#14 11 years ago

I'd love to, but I got no room. In fact Ill need to kiss my beloved Future Spa goodbye once ACDC rolls in this March.

A big bump for Dave's games being pristine. After playing his TFLE...I had to have one. And I felt the same after playing his XMEN and ACDC. I'll get an XMEN one of these days.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

After playing his TFLE...I had to have one.

Mistake on my part…miss that one. May get replaced sooner than later.

Thanks!!

#16 11 years ago

I'd buy it if I didn't already have the Pro. Bought his SM and couldn't have had an easier transaction. Deal with confidence.

#17 11 years ago

Daily bump and much thanks amigos!

#18 11 years ago

Bump for you and if anyone wants a Wolverine version for the same price let me know.
I am in So Cal, but have the original box, pallet and packing for shipping.

Thanks,
Kevin

#19 11 years ago

Daily Bump. Get her before the code update. They seem to be on a roll.

#20 11 years ago

I cannot ffing believe this hasn't sold yet. Wish I was richer!

I honestly thought I'd blow out CSI by now and have sold my SM therefore being poised to seize on this. I know my time to snag XMEN is short, because once the code is polished it'll be like SM. up up up!

#21 11 years ago

Little more of a price drop and it will sell.....to me !!!! I will forego buying
the Tron Pro I am getting ready to order and pick this up. Would rather
have this then the new Tron Pro and will hope they work out the bugs.
Would rather have this then a new Tron Pro !!!

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Little more of a price drop and it will sell.....to me !!!! I will forego buying
the Tron Pro I am getting ready to order and pick this up. Would rather
have this then the new Tron Pro and will hope they work out the bugs.
Would rather have this then a new Tron Pro !!!

It's a pretty damn good deal as is with mirror blades and a shaker also. I wouldn't let mine go any lower, the value has taken an early beating but it will be back once they polish the code up.

Hang in there someone will take you up on this deal, at least they should.

#23 11 years ago

A few people seem close. At the same time I have some Pms about the code and it sounds promising so I have decided not to go lower until folks have played the new code ( may even play it myself).
Looks like light at the end of the tunnel

#24 11 years ago

The layout is neat. The art is second to none. It really is a great game -- just a little more time and the code will be up to snuff. Good luck with whatever you decide!

#25 11 years ago

It has to go regardless as I have a TOTAN coming and the deal with the wife is games go if new ones come.

#26 11 years ago

You got TOTAN?! Congratulations! That game is really a work of art - probably my favorite art & sound package of all time. Hold on to that one!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You got TOTAN?! Congratulations! That game is really a work of art - probably my favorite art & sound package of all time. Hold on to that one!

In the works but coming. Just need to make room for her ; )

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Agreed the sound is really enjoyable on that game.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Agreed the sound is really enjoyable on that game.

Really? I'd say it is the weakest part. Different strokes...

#30 11 years ago

I must say that I recently picked up CTozzi's Wolverine to replace the one I had to sell awhile back to fund my MM and I LOVE IT!

XMen is an absolutely fantastic game (especially at this price point), and after playing the new code on my Tron last night I have a feeling that when XMen update gets released its gonna be awesome! Villan Memory (so you actually have a chance of beating them), Mode Tweaks e.t.c. just to name a few!

Good luck with your sale man! You'll miss it more than TF

#31 11 years ago

If you can't get your asking price and would take $5K it is sold. I would come over later today with cash and we could load it up and drive back to my house (about 40-45 minutes away) and unload it. I bought the Theatre of Magic advertised last Sunday as I know I am knew here. A few guys know me but not many (just the ones I have talked to).

I just wouldn't buy one of the new games I was planning on buying (just bought AC/DC premium but it will not be delivered as well as a HUO Spiderman). Let me know and it you want a guaranteed no fuss no muss quick sale let me know. Again, I could do this tonight or if nothing else stop by on my way to VA. Beach with a deposit and we can do this either Sunday afternoon or Monday night. Well, good luck to you....I don't even know what "BUMP" means....sure you guys are getting a kick out of me but this game would look nice in the theater room but it is probably too expensive so I will probably put it in the Game Room with Spiderman, TOM, and AC/DC.

Well, at least I set the bar for everyone else which should help you get your asking price !!!! Waiting for someone else to "step up" for you and beat my offer !!!! At least it helps you !!! So come on guys give the man a better offer and make his decision easy. Take care.

#32 11 years ago

^ ^ Might want to put that in a direct PM (Private Message) to the seller in the future.

But I applaud your effort on helping him get it sold

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Really? I'd say it is the weakest part. Different strokes...

What other game has sitar music in it!? It's pretty rad. Great soundtrack. I like the 'dramatic' Genie music, too.

#34 11 years ago

Also, the update doesn't effect me so it is no concern.....I truly stink at PINBALL and will never get to the point I beat the villians I am sure !!!! However, I am going to have some parties for a lot of the nice people I have met......so I can watch others beat the pinball machines while I beat them on the pool table (second thought....I stink at pool as well....well I'll think of something I can win !!). Good luck to you....think about it but that is my price good until I run out of money (which is probably going to happen fast at the rate I am spending it).

#35 11 years ago

Thanks....for now on I direct reply.....thanks for the advice....will not make that mistake again....thank god I didn't post the sexy pictures of the wife !!!! Live and learn.....that would have ended in a divorce for sure !!!!

My apologies.....

#36 11 years ago

Lol, all good. If it came to 5k I have a friend it's promised to already but I also know the code is going to be a game changer ; )
Thank you for the offer

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Thank god I didn't post the sexy pictures of the wife !!!

Those are actually handled slightly different on pinside and you are highly encouraged to POST those publicly rather than direct message

#38 11 years ago

Now that was FUNNY. Thanks for the nice responses guys.....hey, if your friend for any reason changes his mind let me know.....good luck to you. At $5.5 it is a very good deal anyway just at $5K it was an absolute no brainer....you should get $5.5 as you are being more then fair.

How about $5,100 and you deliver it and help me get my Spiderman out of my Explorer.....in fact Tom from NOVA may be coming over tonight so we can have a party. So $5,100 and food, drink and pool playing.....hey, the party is worth another $100 !!! Sad thing is I am serious.....I need a bunch of these pins and if you come over you will know why.....

#39 11 years ago

I say you should post a pic of the hot wife along with your $5100 offer...

I bet that helps you out...

#40 11 years ago

I donno...I'm getting the "beginning of a horror movie" vibe here...LOL!

#41 11 years ago

Sounds fun and thank for the invite! I know Tom and he is a great guy. Just hung out with him a couple of weekends ago at Jints56 get together.
Best investment ever is the appliance dolly at home depot. I got 6 games in my basement downstairs by myelf with it. Best advice is move pins then party : o

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I also know the code is going to be a game changer ; )
Thank you for the offer

you think so? How can it go from the worst code to a game changer? Are they changing the people who are working on it?

#43 11 years ago

I heard of some rule changes that I know would make it MUCH more fun.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What other game has sitar music in it!?

Right, that's my point...Sitar. And that snake sound effect on every plunge! Make or miss it's annoying. I do wish I still had mine, but that's just so I could double my money by selling it now!

#45 11 years ago

Thanks for the advice on the appliance dolley. I had offers from a Mr. Wizzo and Tom to come over tonight to help.....great, great guys. However, it will stay in the car until next week as it isn't doing it any harm and I will figure it out next week....so many nice people on here.

I can't fix them, I can't move them and I can't play them !!! I am a "triple threat" not good !!!

Take care....and I still don't know what "bump" means.....so somebody write back.

Bump. $5,100......who knows hey I keep trying......let me know if you change your mind and I will swap it out for the Tron Pro.....plus, we can have a party to boot because I am going to need everyone to help me out....the party will cost me the remainder anyway !!!

Have a good weekend....

#46 11 years ago

When you 'bump' a thread, you move it to the top of the first page. When I click send, BAM, the thread moves to the top of the list where it's very quickly buried by pinsiders arguing about Stern quality control, LEDs, or if toppers are cool or not. And they are cool.

Bump.

#47 11 years ago

OK, no more bumping after I bump. Still for sale but I think in 2 weeks I may get a chance to play with the new code.
So still for sale but hopefully no takers yet : )

#48 11 years ago

Changed my mind again. Go figure. Bump. Xmen Magneto your time has come for a new home. Cool light shows and all...

#49 11 years ago

Bump
Stern Pinball Xmen Magneto for sale (for the googles).

#50 11 years ago

We're in the same boat, can't seem to find a buyer for my Xmen Wolverine either for the same price.
Guess we will have to sell for more when the new code hits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-going-search-for-totan-begins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.