Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gexchange
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Xavier mode - now is completely different. You don't have to hit Xavier first. Now it tells you to find the mutant, and has a pic of Xavier in Cerebro, and the head shape in grayscale of a mutant (not a character in the inserts) that you have to collect to reveal. One hero shot strobes slightly, and when you hit it, the mutant is revealed. I found Colossus and Havok.

I don't know wtf I did but I got Mystique lol

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

STACKING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Fellas xavier mode can we get to it. Its supposed to be different. I have not seen it yet on video......

I just got to it. First time, you need 2 hits...second time like 4 or 6 hits, etc.

This baby is gonna get insane...

Sell me yours RobT

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from c3trey:

The game is much, much more strategic from the outset now ... you can make choices about whether to go for heroes or villains, and which you'd prefer to stack with your first Mag multi. You can get mags or weapon X loaded up so as to do one right after the other (don't think they are stackable...unconfirmed...). Early blackbirds might actually give you something worthwhile.
    Blackbirds and villains light more frequently, I think. The mode start difficulty is set lower by default.
    There's also a suggestive "reset wizard on new ball" feature adjustment.
    The difference the code makes to the game is dramatic, immediately noticeable and, so far, 95% positive. (Not sure I like how much the ramp moves back and forth during modes.)

I agree with all of this. Especially regarding the new code making a "dramatic" difference to the game that is immediately noticeable, and most certainly positive. Way more action now.

People were requesting a mini wizard mode for starting the modes but not completing them. No reason for that now, it would be too easy. I started all hero modes, and completed all but two of them. As c3Trey said, the default is "easy" for mode starts. It might be too easy.

I may have noticed a potential bug (or issue) regarding Nightcrawlers. They definitely start more often. What I noticed was that the scoop had "Villain" lit, and when I shot the scoop, instead of letting me start a villain mode, it started Nightcrawlers.....and this was despite the fact that I had already started Nightcrawlers once before. So this actually seems to have prevented me from starting a villain mode. I'm going to play some more to see if I can confirm this. From what I can tell, Nightcrawlers is still a random award. The NC mode has been fleshed out more too, with additional dots and sounds.

Weapon X is really too cool. Great sounds and dots!

#55 11 years ago

Is it me or maybe getting the game incomplete makes the updates more satisfying? I mean maybe it isn't so bad when the code is not complete. Thoughts?

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Xavier mode - now is completely different. You don't have to hit Xavier first. Now it tells you to find the mutant, and has a pic of Xavier in Cerebro, and the head shape in grayscale of a mutant (not a character in the inserts) that you have to collect to reveal. One hero shot strobes slightly, and when you hit it, the mutant is revealed. I found Colossus and Havok.

CRAP! I did notice the change on the DMD at the beginning, but I never see the DMD during play so I missed all that! That must be what Akuma was referring to!

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't know wtf I did but I got Mystique lol

The black rap artists?

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Xavier mode - now is completely different. You don't have to hit Xavier first. Now it tells you to find the mutant, and has a pic of Xavier in Cerebro, and the head shape in grayscale of a mutant (not a character in the inserts) that you have to collect to reveal. One hero shot strobes slightly, and when you hit it, the mutant is revealed.

That is fantastic and kinda what i was told BOOM! awesome sauce.

#59 11 years ago

Scoring is definitely fixed, but very different too. The Magneto jackpots are less than before.

I doubled my prior high score of 32 mil with 64 mil.

#60 11 years ago

I'm gonna go check the "I hate X-Men" thread...be right back...

...... ...... .....

#61 11 years ago

Damn...I just got Weapon X multi-ball!!

Wow

#62 11 years ago

Thank god...!!!! I thought this pin was headed to the market place.... I may actually get my money's worth.....

Well done Stern... It's nice to see you come in under the speculation police's timeline.

#63 11 years ago

I still have not seen NC as a mystery mode. I did see them pop up during rogue mode. I must have at least another 20 games on it now. Still no NC mystery award mode.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Damn...I just got Weapon X multi-ball!!
    Wow

It's so good....and it's perfect for noobs, they can start it so easily...and now Magneto is the slightly harder to start MB. Weapon X might be the easiest MB to start ever...lol...but it's SO COOL, I don't mind, I'll take it!

#65 11 years ago

Any pinsiders got Weapon X mode recorded on video? Curious to see what kind of meaty updates Stern is finally doing on their games. A lot of pinheads like myself are waiting out for Xmen Pro.

#66 11 years ago

I am so freakin jealous right now! Glad the software sounds like it finally lives up to the rest of the machine. Happy for you guys!

#67 11 years ago

There's just something about this game...and it's not cause I own it. It's just a little magical...and soooo many possibilities.

Haters better get on board.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from drbond:

Any pinsiders got Weapon X mode recorded on video? Curious to see what kind of meaty updates Stern is finally doing on their games. A lot of pinheads like myself are waiting out for Xmen Pro.

Sorry, I don't but I can say this. The magnet freezes for a good 2 seconds...then everything goes nuts...which is why it was impressive...I don't even recall what happened...I was just like..."well...that was cool!"

#69 11 years ago

Can someone direct me to the page that shows how I update the code. Or explain it here...

#70 11 years ago

Someone please do another gameplay video with the new code.

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

Can someone direct me to the page that shows how I update the code. Or explain it here...

http://sternpinball.com/IntroSAM.html

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from drbond:

I just made a video of the DMD...gonna try to upload it...

#73 11 years ago

I just wish I knew what do do to finish weapon x multiball. It is an add a ball mode. More info needs do be displayed in these modes.

#74 11 years ago

Greg please tell me you recorded weapon x multiball?

#75 11 years ago

PacDork Channel here i come do dah do dah

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

PacDork Channel here i come do dah do dah

Greg does a great job on his vids.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Greg does a great job on his vids.

Not so much on this one...haven't tried getting my camera to work with my new computer...in the meantime, here's a shitty video from my iPhone sitting on top of my pinball...hey, some shaky DMD footage is better than nothin, eh?

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

I just wish I knew what do do to finish weapon x multiball. It is an add a ball mode. More info needs do be displayed in these modes.

Just played it and it seems like you've got to hit a red flashing shot to get wolverine running through the facility and to run into some to kill. You then hit wolverine to kill them, then hit another red flashing shot to get him moving again and to find another victim. I think that's what was going on.

#80 11 years ago

SYa I figured that out but does the mode have an end? How do you finish it or is it endless?

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Not so much on this one...haven't tried getting my camera to work with my new computer...in the meantime, here's a shitty video from my iPhone sitting on top of my pinball...hey, some shaky DMD footage is better than nothin, eh?
    » YouTube video

That was pretty awesome.

Would love to see a whole game's gameplay with the dmd. Anyone?

#82 11 years ago

Thanks JimJim - just updated the game and all I can say is wow...

Nightcrawlers integrated into the game and they do the jiggie thing right before they go down...

Weapon X multiball

I even completed the cyclops and had almost all heros flashing or solid

Great sounds...

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

SYa I figured that out but does the mode have an end? How do you finish it or is it endless?

You finish it...there's one dude who gets in your way who takes a few hits to kill...then you see Wolverine slash through a door hatch and escape - technically the Super Jackpot. It makes the Wolverine insert solid and it starts starts the escape from the beginning.

#84 11 years ago

LOL I pre-oredered my x-men and still don't have it and they have updated the code already
    I could of had it 3 weeks ago if the guy I ordered it from was freaking available to accept the shipment lol... oh where oh where are u magneto # 8

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

LOL I pre-oredered my x-men and still don't have it and they have updated the code already
    I could of had it 3 weeks ago if the guy I ordered it from was freaking available to accept the shipment lol... oh where oh where are u magneto # 8

Life is good I will get it sat. night. just got word

#86 11 years ago

I'm having issues updating. What am I doing wrong? Flipped the dip switch 8 to on, turned the game on, went to update, get to screen that says insert stick, and I insert the stick with the .bin file on it, formatted to fat32, and it doesn't come up on my screen. What gives?

#87 11 years ago

Finally got it. Left the stick plugged in, reset the game by the onboard button, went to update, and the file popped up. Weird. Currently updating, will probably only have time to play a game or two. Damn work.

#88 11 years ago

Do most of you use the verification when updating or just skip it?
    I told it yes, when I updated my AC/DC, but it sure takes a long time.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Do most of you use the verification when updating or just skip it?

I used it....

#90 11 years ago

Me too. Just the safer way to go.

#91 11 years ago

Wow I was wondering why my email went crazy tonight.. Guess I need to do the update and give it a play tomorrow.. of course in the name of working... Don't bother me I'm playing pinball! =)

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xmen-code-is-live/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.