Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Tekman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

I still have the prob that the ball falls down directly in between both flippers. No matter what I do, without tilting a bit I cannot reach when the ball is released from top.

I balanced the table again and all is well. Is there anything else I can do with regard to the release feeling a bit off?

#2 10 years ago

Would like help with this also. Looks like it should feed the right flipper, but then, sdtm.

#3 10 years ago

Yes, exactly my impression. It tends to go to the right, but most of the times it goes left and misses it by 1 mm.

#4 10 years ago

Seem obvious, but double checked Side to side level? And that spinning disk is level too since ball rolls over it? (Not sure how you fix the latter). I think I mine pretty level; always hits right flipper

#5 10 years ago

Funny I was just telling my friend I have the exact same problem. 90% of the times when a ball is let go from the magneto lock and the magnet doesn't pulse, the ball drops straight down the middle. I leveled my game side to side and it is still doing it. I played my friends LE and it drops onto the right flipper every time.

I noticed if I shake the game just before the ball is let go it has enough movement to change the straight drop to sometimes hit the flipper. Maybe the ball lock metal chamber is slightly askew in my game?

#6 10 years ago

I have a Pro and I don't ever recall a ball going sdtm from this position. Just by looking I can tell the magneto lock drain is a little to the right of the middle of the flippers. The ball rolls straight to the right flipper. Your ball must drain just to the edge of Wolverine's left arm. Interesting.

#7 10 years ago

You could try playing with the side to side level, both in the front and the back. You might be able to adjust is slightly off from center (according to your level) so that it doesn't drain SDTM. If it's just slightly off, it won't affect normal play.

FWIW, I have a Pro and I don't think it's ever drained SDTM from the Magneto lock except maybe during the chaos of a multiball start.

--Luke

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I have a Pro and I don't ever recall a ball going sdtm from this position. Just by looking I can tell the magneto lock drain is a little to the right of the middle of the flippers. The ball rolls straight to the right flipper. Your ball must drain just to the edge of Wolverine's left arm. Interesting.

I believe it's an issue specific to the LE due to the spinning disk (any gap or leveling from the disk can cause a slight change in the ball's trajectory which will noticeably increase over distance).

#9 10 years ago

Only two things it could be really. Either off lever side to side, or the release forks are no right. One higher than the other, sticking up a little, the bracket they are hooked to is crooked, or one is loose.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from LilRocky:

I believe it's an issue specific to the LE due to the spinning disk (any gap or leveling from the disk can cause a slight change in the ball's trajectory which will noticeably increase over distance).

I guess it could be one of three things, you are right!

You can adjust the center spinner up/down/tilt. If it's off center it's best to open up the brackets that mount to the playfield a little, I've had the thing apart many many times...

#11 10 years ago

You need to level the machine with the glass off and putting the level directly on the PF between the flippers. I originally did a quick level on my Magneto LE with the glass on and had balls constantly draining between the flippers from the lock. I also needed to adjust the rear levelers as well to dial it in even more. With my machine perfectly leveled front and back, I haven't had any drains since.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xm-magneto-lock-drain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.