XM LE (help) 2 problems..

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

1) I have the original aux. board, guess I have not put a lot of games on the pin, no problems until tonight. -- Wolvie magnet stuck the ball like glue, got hot real hot and the NC started staying up or halfway up. I turned off the machine and it seemed to be OK, but is this a sure Aux board? Should I contact tech service and tell them I need a new board? Do they send a new one first or do I need to send my old one first?

2) Used to be, I could hit a Beast/Gambit loop and if I held the right upper flipper it would hit the top pop bumper. Now it seems to hit the rubber at the bottom post of the pop bumper. Is this something I can adjust? Is it an issue of the angle of the upper flipper?

Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

1.) Definitely classic AUX board symptoms. Call in. Your distributor will have to request the part, then Stern will send you the board and ask you to send the old one back.

2.) This will be influenced by the incline of the table, the type of rubber used, and the angle of the flipper. All are adjustable.

#3 10 years ago

If you have changed the upper flipper rubber to anything other than black or green or maybe red, you'll have to adjust the flipper angle to make the shot. Flipper rubber color most definitely influences the ability to make the gambit combo. I have purple rubber installed in it, so I had to adjust the angle

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

1) I have the original aux. board, guess I have not put a lot of games on the pin, no problems until tonight. -- Wolvie magnet stuck the ball like glue, got hot real hot and the NC started staying up or halfway up. I turned off the machine and it seemed to be OK, but is this a sure Aux board? Should I contact tech service and tell them I need a new board? Do they send a new one first or do I need to send my old one first?
2) Used to be, I could hit a Beast/Gambit loop and if I held the right upper flipper it would hit the top pop bumper. Now it seems to hit the rubber at the bottom post of the pop bumper. Is this something I can adjust? Is it an issue of the angle of the upper flipper?
Thanks.

I just got the replacement Aux Board. I was not able use a distributor as I purchased it second hand. Still not a problem Stern Sent it. I was way out of warranty and they took care of it, so have no fear on that issue. Check your magnet ohlms prior to sending the request to make sure you don't need additional parts.

#5 10 years ago

I have not changed the rubber on the flipper or incline. I believe maybe I can adjust the angle of the flipper slightly.

Just to be clear, I mean the Gambit shot was just holding the flipper up and the ball would automatically hit the pop bumper now it hits a fraction too low.

I will contact Stern about my Aux, hope it's not too difficult to change. I am really a novice at pinball repair.

#6 10 years ago

My Gambit hurry up works just as you described, by holding the flipper up.
If you haven't changed the incline, perhaps there is too much drag slowing the ball. Try cleaning and waxing the orbit and cleaning the flipper rubber.

#7 10 years ago

1. Definitely an aux board issue. Contact your distributor or tech support. They'll send you a new board and you will have to send the old or they'll charge you. Ask for a new wolverine figure while you're at it; can't hurt to have a spare.

2. Try replacing the rubber with a new black one? Has to be a black rubber on that thing. Make sure your flipper is lined up. Maybe it came a little loose?

#8 10 years ago

Hey guys I have a magneto and the wolverine magnet isnt strong enough to hold the ball when the multi ball is activated How can I fix this problem?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have not changed the rubber on the flipper or incline. I believe maybe I can adjust the angle of the flipper slightly.
Just to be clear, I mean the Gambit shot was just holding the flipper up and the ball would automatically hit the pop bumper now it hits a fraction too low.
I will contact Stern about my Aux, hope it's not too difficult to change. I am really a novice at pinball repair.

As far as change outs go this one is easy - just make sure you get the updated harness with it. Also it comes with instructions if they forget you can PM me as I have them in a PDF.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Hey guys I have a magneto and the wolverine magnet isnt strong enough to hold the ball when the multi ball is activated How can I fix this problem?

Make sure your on the latest code and make sure your pitch is at 6.5 deg. That mechanism is pitch sensitive. I think I have my game around 6.7; and it doesn't grab every time. But it did at 6.5deg.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for reply. How to I check the pitch of the game to make sure it's at 6.5 though

#12 10 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-NCL you can also purchase an inclinometer from a hardware store.

#13 10 years ago

Ok thanks. I'm guessing its easy to do

#14 10 years ago

Are there any rumours of a better code being put out soon

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Are there any rumours of a better code being put out soon

Your going to raise the back legs to get it to your 6.5, stern puts the bubble on the playfield as well, it should be about center but they can be a lying fool so people get the separate device. Also make sure the game is level from side to side, check with the glass off and in two places.

I would say code is done for now - might be a small update but they don't have anything planned (source pinside long threads about x-men code, and Sterns FB posts on this fact)

#16 10 years ago

Thanks ill try that today

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xm-le-help-2-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.