(Topic ID: 232451)

Xenon...intermittent power up fail.

By StoneyCreek

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

This is my first foray here asking for advice. if I am posting to the wrong place please redirect me. I bought a partially shopped Xenon pin a couple weeks ago and really want to bring it to great working condition.
It is in pretty good shape cosmetically, but the flippers need rebuild and there are some lights that stay on and some that won’t come on.
Today I adjusted the flippers to keep them spfrom sagging ...the right was weak and neither could catch very well due to bad alighpnment. Well, I thought I was done, Fixed a bumper light that was not soldered well....and closed her up expecting to play a game.

After powering up the game, The initial lights game on ....back glass and the ‘always ons’.....and then a few seconds later a quick ‘flash’ of all the lights....a sub second flash....and then nothing. A few lights on the play field (the two blue Ns and a couple others) stayed on, backglass scoreing lights seemed ok, but the machine won’t initialize.

The machine is in that state now and I have no idea what to check.

This happened a few times last week, and I thought I had not attached the backglass connectors correctly so I undid them all and re connected them and all worked fine. This time, no go.

Other issues (when I do get the power up fixed...), The #2 rollover button up top does not drop the #2 target....all the others work fine.
The exit chamber sometimes does not ‘catch’ the ball.
The aforementioned always on and never on lights on the playfield, And I want to reinstall the cousin mech that he previous owner disconnected and hardwired to the coin return button to issue credits!

Any advice for figuring out the intermittent power on prob, That would be a great help.

#2 5 years ago

Please post your help request in the following early electronic games subforum and some of us will help you out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/tech-early-80s-solid-state

#3 5 years ago

I sure will. Thanks for the redirect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenonintermittent-power-up-fail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.