(Topic ID: 88514)

Xenon Working project at Allentown (New PF and plastics)

By cougtv

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rkahr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0191.jpg
DSC_0190.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0188.JPG
DSC_0187.jpg
DSC_0186.JPG
DSC_0185.jpg
DSC_0183.JPG
DSC_0182.JPG
DSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0184.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I was hanging out with a buddy last night and he mentioned bringing a really nice working Xenon project to Allentown. The backglass is in great shape and the Body is in pretty good shape. The playfield is beat to heck, but he has a brand new one of those and plastics for it. It is a basically a base game that with a bit of work can be made fantastic. I have too many other projects going on myself to even consider another. I hope to be done with what I having going by XMas. The price is $2,000 for the working machine and the new PF and plastics. I can get pictures on Thursday night and send them if anyone is interested.

#2 10 years ago

2k for a Xenon that needs a full playfield swap with a cab that's just in "pretty good" shape?
All I can say is, good luck...

#3 10 years ago

I have one with a cpr playfield not installed cabinet is an 8 backglass perfect mahy new parts and i would take 1800 for mine.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah. PM sent...I'm interested, but NOT for that price.

#5 10 years ago

No response to PM

#6 10 years ago

Price too high and I don't think it go for that working.

#7 10 years ago

This would be a very tough sell if the PF was already swapped AND the cab was really nice. As it is now, it's over 1k too much, IMHO.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

This would be a very tough sell if the PF was already swapped AND the cab was really nice. As it is now, it's over 1k too much, IMHO.

Not even close to reality. The new playfield and plastics were close to $800 shipped and you can't get them anymore. So a working Xenon with good glass is only worth $200? Sign me up for 10 to start.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not even close to reality. The new playfield and plastics were close to $800 shipped and you can't get them anymore. So a working Xenon with good glass is only worth $200? Sign me up for 10 to start.

Not to beat a dead horse, but buying and installing a new playfield has always been a losing investment, especially on older games. It's something one does for sake of the game and not for the sake of making money (or even breaking even in some cases).

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

PF swaps don't pay off monetarily, unless the game is popular with collectors. If I found a NOS PF and backglass for a Raven, and swapped it out and made the game mint, that doesn't mean I'll get 2k for it. At the end of the day, it's still a Raven. Xenons are out there, in great condition, for a grand or less. 2k on a project game, NOS PF or not, is nuts.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

Xenons are out there, in great condition, for a grand or less.

Please tell me where, as I want one.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll keep you in mind next time I see one. There were about 3 that came up near me last year, I'm just not a fan of the title. They were all up for ~1k, maybe a hair lower. Probably sold for less when the buyer started kicking tires.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

I'll keep you in mind next time I see one. There were about 3 that came up near me last year, I'm just not a fan of the title. They were all up for ~1k, maybe a hair lower. Probably sold for less when the buyer started kicking tires.

How did I not see these, I'm only a few miles from you and have been actively looking for a Xenon. Please keep me in the loop if you find another good local one.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

How did I not see these, I'm only a few miles from you and have been actively looking for a Xenon. Please keep me in the loop if you find another good local one.

I spend a digusting amount of time on Craigslist. They didn't last more than a few days. For a super nice one, the most I've seen them for is around 1600, though I'm not sure if that sold or not. Guy about 2 years ago or so had it on there, and it didn't move for months.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

PF swaps don't pay off monetarily, unless the game is popular with collectors. If I found a NOS PF and backglass for a Raven, and swapped it out and made the game mint, that doesn't mean I'll get 2k for it. At the end of the day, it's still a Raven. Xenons are out there, in great condition, for a grand or less. 2k on a project game, NOS PF or not, is nuts.

Your point of view is saying that you must do the playfield swap. That is not reality. You have choices. At 1K you could sell the playfield and plastics at today's prices and have a free Xenon. I understand that you may night like the game but that doesn't make it worthless. A nice Xenon with new PF installed would sell for over 2K easily. Maybe not to you but it would sell.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

and count me in for one as well......

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Your point of view is saying that you must do the playfield swap. That is not reality. You have choices. At 1K you could sell the playfield and plastics at today's prices and have a free Xenon. I understand that you may night like the game but that doesn't make it worthless. A nice Xenon with new PF installed would sell for over 2K easily. Maybe not to you but it would sell.

You can't really go by parting out prices. Most games can be parted out for much more than they're worth as a whole, especially older titles.

Maybe it would sell for over 2k with the new playfield, but that's assuming the cab is in great shape, backglass is great, etc. A new playfield does not a CQ game make. 2k may not be out of line for certain projects, but I don't see Xenon as one of them, that's all. I'm not in the habit of overpaying for games.

At this point, I'll agree to disagree.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

You can't really go by parting out prices. Most games can be parted out for much more than they're worth as a whole, especially older titles.
Maybe it would sell for over 2k with the new playfield, but that's assuming the cab is in great shape, backglass is great, etc. A new playfield does not a CQ game make. 2k may not be out of line for certain projects, but I don't see Xenon as one of them, that's all. I'm not in the habit of overpaying for games.
At this point, I'll agree to disagree.

Selling reproduction parts when the game still has the originals is not parting out.

#19 10 years ago

Here are some pictures as promised. Not my game, I have too many projects going on to even consider another one. But I got some pictures. I am pretty sure the PF and plastics are worth a grand. I am not sure what a beat up Xenon with a perfect glass and good cabinet that is fully goes for but, you decide. I can tell you that I search CL 2-8 times per day. I rarely/never see a fully working SS pinball machine with multi-ball for under 800 bucks. Even at that price, I don't get a response or it is a scam. IE the seller asks me to wire him the funds first! Is it worth another 200 to have a NEW PF and plastics (that are not available in the normal channels)???? I normally spend 175+ on plastic sets. My NOS plastic purchases include STTNG, RFM, SWE1 and TSPP. I have no clue if or how much lower of a price he would take on it. I know my buddy is super busy atm. If low balled too much he will probably just do it himself.
DSC_0184.JPGDSC_0184.JPG
DSC_0181.JPGDSC_0181.JPG
DSC_0182.JPGDSC_0182.JPG
DSC_0183.JPGDSC_0183.JPG
DSC_0185.jpgDSC_0185.jpg
DSC_0186.JPGDSC_0186.JPG
DSC_0187.jpgDSC_0187.jpg

#20 10 years ago

More Pictures......
DSC_0188.JPGDSC_0188.JPG
DSC_0189.JPGDSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0190.JPGDSC_0190.JPG
DSC_0191.jpgDSC_0191.jpg

#21 10 years ago

Cab looks pretty rough, but the backglass looks awesome!

Just an FYI, I just sold a game with a very nice cab, flawless playfield and translite, fully working with multiball for under 800 bucks. They're out there, no doubt, just depends on how the seller views the hobby.

Good luck! i'm sure a pinsider will buy it...

#22 10 years ago

I'm going to bring a Xenon to put in free play. Works well; Playfield has wear but is better than average for sure. There are some wire nuts and crimps under the playfield that pre-date me owning the machine but again, everything works. Will sell for $1300 at the show... stop by the "KAHR.US Circuits" booth if you are interested.

Here's a link to pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n6ue9cj3tuenbis/DcWbj8oFB7 ... too many to post in a thread.

1 month later
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I'm going to bring a Xenon to put in free play. Works well; Playfield has wear but is better than average for sure. There are some wire nuts and crimps under the playfield that pre-date me owning the machine but again, everything works. Will sell for $1300 at the show... stop by the "KAHR.US Circuits" booth if you are interested.

Sold mine today - I think both buyer and seller are happy. I know the wife on the "seller" side is very happy...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-working-project-at-allentown-new-pf-and-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.