Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by whizz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Use the button on the MPU or the coin door button to get to switch test mode.

Does the start button register? Does both ball trough switches register? note that it only shows you the lowest switch number closed... so open all the switches... ie raise drop targets.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from whizz:

I just powered the machine up again.7 flashes -everything reset but would not start a game.I turned power off and back on and it booted again.I pushed the self test button and lamp test worked.pushed again and all displays counted properly but top right pop bumper picked up several times during this test.It had not done this before.All solenoids pulled in and dropped out in correct order.Sound worked but was scratchy.switch test shows #21 which my schematic shows to be drop target #4 .Switch looks good,diode tests good.

in test mode the CPU will fire the pop bumper solenoids when the switch gets closed in most games and I think this includes Xenon, so the CPU is thinking that switch is getting closed. The pop bumper will probably have a capacitor across the switch on the playfield. You can snip one leg loose and see if that fixes the pop bumper firing. The caps go bad and can cause that problem.

To help isolate issue to the PF or MPU try to unplug the PF connector while in switch test and see if the stuck switch clears. MPU J2, top right. You can also try unplugging the cabinet switches, J3 to see if that makes the PF switches behave.

Quoted from whizz:

The start button does nothing after it boots.In self test I can use the start button to change high score etc

The CPU must not be seeing the balls in the trough then. Since this is a multiball game it checks to make sure both ball trough switches are closed before it starts a game.

#21 5 years ago

If it is instant tilting the tilt lamp on the backbox should turn on, so you can look for that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-wont-start-a-game?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.