(Topic ID: 161282)

Xenon weird attract mode issues

By Its_me_aj

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I had an issue with the right sling locked on, diagnosed with a bad tip120. Replaced it with a new tip102 and everything was working great again. I had the game sitting on in attract mode and the displays went off, the game music started, but no game actually started? The flippers were dead and no ball ejected. If you hit the start button it will start a fogs me just fine. It will not go back to attract mode if you let it sit while it kicks over like this. I checked the flashes on the led during boot up and everything was fine. I've reseated connectors on the solenoid driver board. Not really sure where to go from here.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

If you hit the start button it will start a fogs me just fine. It will not go back to attract mode if you let it sit while it kicks over like this

I can't make sense of these sentences.

Is the game rebooting while in attract? Make sure the MPU chips are well seated.

#3 7 years ago

Oops. If you bit the start button it will start a game just fine. When it kicks over to the sound but no game started, it just stays that way, it will not go back to attract mode until you actually start a game.

#4 7 years ago

Check for shorts around any and all the work you performed.
Did you hit the reset button on the MPU yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-weird-attract-mode-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.