Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230109_170241 (resized).jpg
20230109_170304 (resized).jpg
27ADB830-492E-48E7-88ED-83F1AE3BB32D (resized).jpeg
1BA8BE7F-2234-4436-AA38-4B64ACC0BD9A (resized).jpeg
20220915_010017_resized_3 (resized).jpg
0E17F805-8FD6-4096-9D9F-4EBA857AAE49 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider llphil67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hope this is the right forum. I am a fan of early SS pins but like 'em all. I have to make a choice on my next buy, High Speed or Xenon, both priced the same at the top of pinside estimate. Xenon is a lower play game in better condition, but High Speed is still nice...no issues. I'm more familiar/comfortable w/Bally....but? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, re-saleability is always a consideration in conjunction with all other concerns. Thanks

#13 1 year ago

Thanks for the input....no trolling I'm just really wrestling with which way to go....wish I had more money to get both.

#16 1 year ago

Newest game I ever had was Jungle Lord, did not really like the two level PF, sold it and using the money for this buy. Paragon is my fav of my collection w/Laser Ball coming in next. Would like to step into slightly newer game....but dang Xenon looks cool, and would fit nicely w/SI, on other hand the gameplay of HS certainly looks like fun!

#25 1 year ago

OK, OK, what can I sell and get both? Man this is difficult. Thanks everyone

#27 1 year ago

Have to say I don't disagree with you, but my son loves it, and it looks cool beside my SI arcade game.

#31 1 year ago

Did I mention, seller claims only 100 plays on Xenon? Not sure if I believe such a low number....but?

#39 1 year ago

Guys, you've really got me trying to figure out a way to get both. Time for some fire-sales I think.

#51 1 year ago

You guys ain't making this any easier.....kinda wish one of them was a pig so this would be a no brainer. Guess that's why both were on my "to buy someday" list. We'll see what fate brings, still trying to figure out a way to get both...

#63 1 year ago

UPDATE: So first off, thank you all for your comments and points of view. In the end they did help me to decide which way to go. There was no way for me to come up w/cash for both games SO......I got Xenon, here's why: I am more familiar with the Bally play, diagnostics, and repair, the condition of Xenon while not collectors quality is very good (much better than the HS), I like the way it plays, and looks, plus it fits in nicely with my current collection. I have never had a game newer than 1983 but while picking up the Xenon I played an AC DC and find myself learning to like some of the modern games. I am still not into toys and gimmicks on the PF, or an overly crowded PF, or distracting videos, but I do like the ability to play essentially different games in one box like selecting the song on AC DC. So, I think my future search will include something a little more modern....or new. Just gonna have to find a way to pay for it. Thanks again everyone!

1 month later
#65 1 year ago

NEW UPDATE, Found a sweet High Speed...paid too much, but oh well, now I have BOTH. Kids seem to like both pretty equally, but I've noticed them playing HS more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider llphil67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-vs-high-speed?tu=llphil67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.