Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230109_170241 (resized).jpg
20230109_170304 (resized).jpg
27ADB830-492E-48E7-88ED-83F1AE3BB32D (resized).jpeg
1BA8BE7F-2234-4436-AA38-4B64ACC0BD9A (resized).jpeg
20220915_010017_resized_3 (resized).jpg
0E17F805-8FD6-4096-9D9F-4EBA857AAE49 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from slochar:

High speed. Once you master the xenon tube shot there's not a lot else to do the mb doesn't have a point other than hey it's multiball. Xenon definitely better av package though.
High speed can get old too but there more than one way to play it at least.

Xenon been in my collection for 4 years now, my interest in High Speed lasted a week and I was done with it. I still have not beat the prior owners high score on Xenon.

It's going to come down to your personal taste.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from llphil67:

Thanks for the input....no trolling I'm just really wrestling with which way to go....wish I had more money to get both.

Xenon is one of those pins which is easy to pickup but difficult to master in my opinion.

What pins do you like now?

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I kept Xenon and sent HS down the road a ling time ago. Note that I have a larger collection. I love System 11’s and old Ballys. In a small collection I wouldn’t keep either one. That being said my opinion won’t help you because Jungle Lord is the best game ever.

High Speed i had nothing to do after multiball and making the jackpot shot.

Xenon you can run up the MOTA bonus and collect or try and get the special & extra ball off the drops.. harder than it sounds because if you drain you have to start over again on the next ball. I think I have done it once in 4 years.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Actually, it's quite a challenge in HS to avoid the ramp after the jackpot, and go specifically for stoplights, get them all and you light an extra ball.
Pin-bot has a similar rule. It's amazing how many don't know about this little rule, but it adds a neat layer of depth, as it is quite difficult to achieve.

It's easy to avoid the ramp on HS, hell 9 times out of 10 you don't make it anyways!

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

A clean shot should go 100% of the time. Mine is set up like this anyway, even with the old original ramp. I'm told the Freeplay 40 ones improve the smoothness going up. Nothing more frustrating than not making a shot when you did everything right to normally make it happen. I suspect this was part of the reason you moved it along so quickly.. I would too!

Original ramp.

20220915_010017_resized_3 (resized).jpg20220915_010017_resized_3 (resized).jpg
#49 1 year ago
Quoted from spinout:

Tough one! I agree with the folks here that say to get both.
That said, if you can only afford one (and I have 2 kids so I understand!), I would go with High Speed.
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Xenon, and I almost bought a Xenon twice because she literally has some of the best looking artwork outside Magic Girl and people played the hell out of them (just look at the burned up playfields on most).
Sure the shots are limited and once you master that tube shot, you more or less mastered the game, but again - that backglass and playfield art is just amazing and play isn't bad by any means... but I still think High Speed.

If you are just going for the tube and neglecting the drops you are missing half the game.

#60 1 year ago

I'll beat that high score one day.

20230109_170241 (resized).jpg20230109_170241 (resized).jpg20230109_170304 (resized).jpg20230109_170304 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-vs-high-speed?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.