• Sell as complete project with new CPR PF. 0 votes
  • Separate the pin and the PF and sell them. 1 vote
    33%

(3 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC06444sm.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I have a Xenon project that I picked up a while back and was trying to figure out what the value of it would be in restored condition with a new playfield installed?

I have the playfield but the problem is I don't really have the time for the project right now so it may be a little while before I get to it and I hate to have it sitting around waiting for me. Just trying to figure out if I should hang onto it until I can get to it or let it go to someone else who has the time.

I am not sure what the value of it would be as a project vs complete. The cab is in pretty good shape but the head needs a bit of attention as the door sags a bit when it is open, the backglass is in very good condition, no corrosion on the boards but the power supply needs to be gone through as someone hacked it up in the past. The original PF is down to wood through the whole center section but I do have the new CPR PF for it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chadd

#2 9 years ago

Chadd,

I don't have a clue what someone would pay for it once playfield was installed or for it as an AS-IS machine with the new playfield. I can tell you I sold one a couple years back fully working that was pretty decent for $900 (if I remember correctly).

One thing I know for sure if you install the playfield and decide to sell it you will be lucky to get your investment back even working on it for free.

Hard call for sure! Maybe try $1400 with playfield (or something in that range) and see if there is any interest. Hopefully you will get better advice than I can give you but I figured I would at least bump you back to the top.

#3 9 years ago

I've been looking for a restored one, seems to be in the low 2k for a nice one with cpr playfield.

#4 9 years ago

Thats probably reasonable, not that anyone ever adds parts up to get value, but a CPR play field alone is a spend- if its a nice game and its got a new play field its good to go forever basically.

#5 9 years ago

Sometimes it's easier to break it down into components to figure out the value of something.

Worn but fully working Xenon = $700

Gold class CPR playfield = $700

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the input guys, I think I am going to take a close look at the Xenon this weekend "if I can get time" and how much it needs to be playable.

#7 9 years ago

Following along to see what you decide.

#8 9 years ago

Interesting....

I just finished my CPR swap. Well, 98% finished - just a few tweaks left. Xenon is a classic, and won't be leaving my collection anytime soon - so I'm not too concerned with value. In fact, I KNOW that I spent more on this project than it's worth. That's been true for almost every pin I've repaired/fixed/restored. No worries here.

DSC06444sm.JPGDSC06444sm.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.