You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Xenon left sauser (resized).jpg
1FDEE22C-3354-41F1-90B5-0CCDF79C2ACD (resized).jpeg
DBB0CE74-8965-4C67-AA15-3111372D1EB3 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone! I had made a previous post about my Xenon’s flipper machine gunning which everyone was so gracious to offer tips on. That issue has been solved however I have a new question for the good people of Pinside.
Our Xenon runs great except for two issues we’ve been having with the tube shot.
1. The ball will exit the tube sometimes with so much velocity it skips over the kickout hole causing the machine to not record the shot and shuts off the sound until the ball re enters that hole. Any advice on how to ensure the ball always hits the kick out hole?
2. Right at the top of the ramp but before the tube, the ball will sometimes get stuck at this point, any adjustment here that can help?
Our machine is right at a 5.5 pitch abd is level so no adjustments needed for the feet.

#2 5 years ago

do you want to post some pics quick.

#3 5 years ago

Is yours missing the metal washer like thing at the bottom near the hole? From my tests this is what should slow the ball down.

For the ball getting stuck at the top - pics would help as mentioned - but do you have a wire there for the switch behind the ramp?

#4 5 years ago

Washer and wire are both there, however I wonder if the wire is supposed to stick out more? Tube is off but left clamp is held at the end not the center left as I’ve seen some set up.
White runner that is just sitting on the wire was our forst attempt to stop it, doesnt make good contact with the ball there. I had wondered about putting some padding on the metal wall that the ball always hits exiting the tube but thought that may look stupid.

1FDEE22C-3354-41F1-90B5-0CCDF79C2ACD (resized).jpeg1FDEE22C-3354-41F1-90B5-0CCDF79C2ACD (resized).jpegDBB0CE74-8965-4C67-AA15-3111372D1EB3 (resized).jpegDBB0CE74-8965-4C67-AA15-3111372D1EB3 (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago

I have mine set up with the clamp on the end as well and I do not have issues with the ball bouncing out. I was going to comment on the rubber, but apparently it was doing it without it. I don't really see any reason you are having this unless it is a pitch thing. Mine is pretty flat.

The wire on the ramp is cut short (probably broke at some point). It should curve back into the slot so the ball just pushes on it both directions. What I did was make my own to put in there (stole it from the coin door mech).

#7 5 years ago

Maybe try a larger washer on that post (and with a bigger hole so it can sit off-center and still fit there against the side rail) so the ball has the smallest gap possible but will still fit thru to the saucer. Is the ball getting stuck after it has flicked the switch and getting stuck on the other side of it? Ditto on the switch normally being longer and bending back into the slot. I seem to remember when I had my Xenon I had to mess with the switch too, like maybe using an extra long wire so the angle and leverage against the ball was as low as I could get it.

#8 5 years ago

I can't see under your plastic if you have a wire rail to the right of the down-ramp into the saucer.

I hadn't had much trouble with mine lipping out of the saucer but it had happened to me in a tournament on a machine with a CPR playfeild that didn't have the lone-wire sticking up.

On mine, the ball comes down the ramp and there is just enough room between the rail on the right & the solid washer on the left that slows it down some.(arrows in yellow)

Then I JUST added a 2'nd rubber to the plastic post the cattle gate screws to so it sits lower than the first. Between the rubber post and washer slows the ball some more. ( arrows in Red )

Between the double rubbered post & the lone-wire there is just enough room for the ball to enter (arrows in blue)

With a small rubber on the lone wire as you have and my double rubber the ball get stuck there. it also gets stuck when I tried stacking 2 small rubbers on the lone-wire with a single rubber on the plastic post (which I tried first)

For the ramp at the tube entrance: somebody was missing the grey posts and I made an interesting discovery, posted here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-gray-posts#post-4344849

Quoted from Zablon:

I have mine set up with the clamp on the end as well and I do not have issues with the ball bouncing out. I was going to comment on the rubber, but apparently it was doing it without it. I don't really see any reason you are having this unless it is a pitch thing. Mine is pretty flat.
The wire on the ramp is cut short (probably broke at some point). It should curve back into the slot so the ball just pushes on it both directions. What I did was make my own to put in there (stole it from the coin door mech).

My upper switch wire broke as well & I did the exact same thing, used a wire from a broken coin switch

Xenon left sauser (resized).jpgXenon left sauser (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Could I see a picture of someones coin lever replacement at the top of the ramp? Im just curious how far out the wire should come. Thank you everyone for your input ao far. Im getting an idea of what we have to do!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-tube-shot-issues?hl=tez17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.