• Latest reply 8 years ago by Keetur
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_3018_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

I started noticing that my Xenon game was making out of sequence sounds.... For instance it would do the "end of game" sound where it was flipping the match, at the end of each ball play but just for a second or two. Last night, my son and I dug into the game to fix my chattering slingshot issue, a few dead bulbs, and a rollover switch at the top that wasn't scoring.

Also dug into the drop target box, but I am opening another thread on that.....

So we put the game back together, and the pop bumpers no longer go "oh". (Xenon owners/players will know what I mean), they now "chime" like when a ball rolls over a rollover at the top of the playfield.

I am not sure how the sound system works on this game, as there are a few sounds that change vs. the action.

Any ideas where to start with this? My soundboard was repaired a while back, a new rom had to be burnt with the sounds.

Thanks in advance!!!!

#2 8 years ago

Have all the sounds turned into electronic "chime" sounds, or just some of them?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Keetur:

So we put the game back together, and the pop bumpers no longer go "oh". (Xenon owners/players will know what I mean), they now "chime" like when a ball rolls over a rollover at the top of the playfield.

The bumper sounds are set up via the button inside the coin door. It'll default back to chimes if you've lost battery backup power.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Have all the sounds turned into electronic "chime" sounds, or just some of them?

Just the pop bumpers.

Failed to mention, it doesn't score properly either. Pops with a chime score 1000.

#5 8 years ago

How about some clear pictures of the MPU board?

Especially the lower left side.

#6 8 years ago

No way the pops should score 1000, they are hard coded to score 100 with no option to change the value. I would start by checking the RAM chips, especially the 5101.

Go into audits and step through every one, clear each one with the red button on the MPU and re-enter the desired setting. Start a game and see if it's back to normal. If not, replace the 5101 and/or the 6810.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How about some clear pictures of the MPU board?
Especially the lower left side.

Here is the MPU board with a closeup of the lower left side.

100_3018_(resized).JPG100_3018_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-sounds-incorrect-for-action and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.