Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by YSCOGAMES
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a strange issue with the sound on this xenon. Certain switches hit and the spinner cause it to just repeat the same sound over and over until something else is hit. I will upload a video. Can anyone help?

#2 2 years ago

WTF! Well the speech and sound appear good. I would look for a signaling issue first with the MPU and sound board connections. Always a good idea to resolder the connector pins and inspect and repin the wires if necessary.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

WTF! Well the speech and sound appear good. I would look for a signaling issue first with the MPU and sound board connections. Always a good idea to resolder the connector pins and inspect and repin the wires if necessary.

My same reaction haha. I've been waiting to see if anyone had any experience with something like this to dig back into it but I will take your advise and give that a try.

#4 2 years ago

In diagnostics, go into switch test and see if you have any stuck switches. Perhaps the spinner switch is sticking on occasion. If that doesn't bring anything to light, isolate the spinner switch contacts with a piece of paper and then see if you can reproduce the problem.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

In diagnostics, go into switch test and see if you have any stuck switches. Perhaps the spinner switch is sticking on occasion. If that doesn't bring anything to light, isolate the spinner switch contacts with a piece of paper and then see if you can reproduce the problem.

I did try that. It does the same thing when I hit either stand up target as well as either of the 30 point rebound switches

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-sound-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.