Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tait316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So I was playing Xenon the other day and all of a sudden I noticed that my right slingshot wasn't working. I thought I smelled something electrical burning so I turned off the machine and opened it up. I didn't see any thing out of place so I thought I would replace the solenoid. I got the new one today, soldered it in and when I go into test it still doesn't fire. When I hit the leafs it makes the right noise and the game scores but no activation of the solenoid. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance. ^_^

#2 6 years ago

check transistor Q16 on the Solenoid Driver board, when my coil blew it took that out with it

#3 6 years ago

chas10e well lookie there....sure thing. Thank you for such a quick response sir. Yes....It's cracked. Pretty obviously. Any ideas where I get that transistor? I don't imagine it will be too hard for me to solder a new one on right?

#4 6 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=174

"TIP102" ""This is the preferred upgrade replacement for TIP122, TIP120, SE9302, and 2N6045."

add a little new solder before sucking out the old stuff, ( I can't seem to find the solder guide thread )

#5 6 years ago

chas10e thank you sir. I appreciate it. ^_^ I'll buy a few in case something else goes. So you think the coil blowing up caused that to go too?

#6 6 years ago

that was my hunch, it happened to be the right sling that went on mine as well

the schematics helped me pinpoint which transistor was bad

#7 6 years ago

Likely the transistor failed and locked on the coil causing it to burn.

#8 6 years ago

chas10e jj44114 Thanks for all the input guys. I'm so glad I joined this forum. ^_^ I ordered all the parts...and then more stuff cause...ya know...if you're gonna pay 10 dollars to ship you might as well get enough to make it worth while. Lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-solenoid-6-not-firing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.