(Topic ID: 86480)

Fixed (Wasn't broken): Xenon Shooter Lights Don't activate when ball is loaded.

By madaracs

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xenon75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madaracs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi there... again.

Another small issue with my Xenon pin:

Xenon has a couple of shooter lamps located where the pinball is loaded. I've seen videos where when it's loaded the lamps light up. The lamps light up during the lamp test but do not activate when ball is loaded.

Is there a dip-switch setting or a coin-door setting that can activate these or do I have a problem with my lamp board? If it's a problem with the lamp board, does anyone know which section to look at? I'm terrible at reading schematics.

Thanks for continued advice...

#3 9 years ago

I will check that next. Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

No stuck switches. Switch test flashes "0."

#6 9 years ago

Yes. It registers if there is a ball present. Switch number "02" aka "Ball Release #1."

I checked the continuity on the diode on the white wire with the yellow stripe and it has none... so that's good. It's as if the switch triggers but doesn't tell something to turn the lights on.

#8 9 years ago

Ha! Well that explains it. Just tested it and it works great. I feel kind of silly and stupid for requesting help on something that wasn't broken!

On the upside, the lamp test showed my credit light was out and that there was a faulty connection on one of the pop-bumper lamps. So I replaced those. Also, investigating switches and wiring led to the discovery of a bare wire for the #4 drop target caught up in the springs of the #3 drop target. I clipped the wire, shortened it and re-soldered the connection.

Thanks for the assistance!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider madaracs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-shooter-lights-pass-lamp-test-do-not-activate-when-ball-is-loaded?tu=madaracs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.