(Topic ID: 86480)

Fixed (Wasn't broken): Xenon Shooter Lights Don't activate when ball is loaded.

By madaracs

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Xenon75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi there... again.

Another small issue with my Xenon pin:

Xenon has a couple of shooter lamps located where the pinball is loaded. I've seen videos where when it's loaded the lamps light up. The lamps light up during the lamp test but do not activate when ball is loaded.

Is there a dip-switch setting or a coin-door setting that can activate these or do I have a problem with my lamp board? If it's a problem with the lamp board, does anyone know which section to look at? I'm terrible at reading schematics.

Thanks for continued advice...

#2 10 years ago

Have you done a switch test? Looks like switch #25 shooter lane might trigger those lamps.

#3 10 years ago

I will check that next. Thanks!

#4 10 years ago

No stuck switches. Switch test flashes "0."

#5 10 years ago

Does the shooter lane register when a ball is in there?

Switch test, drop ball in shooter lane, then does it register ?

#6 10 years ago

Yes. It registers if there is a ball present. Switch number "02" aka "Ball Release #1."

I checked the continuity on the diode on the white wire with the yellow stripe and it has none... so that's good. It's as if the switch triggers but doesn't tell something to turn the lights on.

#7 10 years ago

They only flash when you have locked a ball and are about to plunge the 2nd ball. Kind of a reminder to the player to where in the heck the ball went on that darker side of the playfield where the ball lock is.

#8 10 years ago

Ha! Well that explains it. Just tested it and it works great. I feel kind of silly and stupid for requesting help on something that wasn't broken!

On the upside, the lamp test showed my credit light was out and that there was a faulty connection on one of the pop-bumper lamps. So I replaced those. Also, investigating switches and wiring led to the discovery of a bare wire for the #4 drop target caught up in the springs of the #3 drop target. I clipped the wire, shortened it and re-soldered the connection.

Thanks for the assistance!

#9 10 years ago

Sure! Enjoy the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-shooter-lights-pass-lamp-test-do-not-activate-when-ball-is-loaded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.