You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1684.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1682.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I'm helping a friend sell Xenon, but need some pricing advice. The game has the following attributes:

the good

outside cabinet=nice and bright, couple of minor marks
inside cabinet=clean
backglass=intact and in good condition
plastics=unbroken

the bad

significant playfield wear
not working, turns on and lights with a buzz, ball will not launch

Thanks-

#2 8 years ago

$300-400. Depending how bad the acid damage is on the MPU board. GI's will come on no matter what. SO the lights coming on doesn't say anything. Now if the displays come on and some of the lamp matrix, then at least you have a booting game. Personally, I would stay around $200-300 just because you might end up replacing every display and board by the time you are done. Buying non working games is a crap shoot. Have to shoot low or you will lose your ass.

#3 8 years ago

I might call it a little higher than CaptainNeo but not much. I love Xenon but playfield wear is a killer. Electronics can always be fixed or boards replaced but playfield wear is hard to look past.

Depending on how fast you want to get it sold you might get $400 to $450 but if you are looking for a quick sale $350 to $400 is likely the right price point considering not working and playfield wear. Working with playfield wear maybe $650 to $700 on a good day!

#4 8 years ago

$150.00 assuming complete (all boards and game Roms in the machine) but unseen.

#5 8 years ago

I'm in the same range as these guys. All depends on playfield condition for me

#6 8 years ago

yes, boards can be fixed, but if you can't fix it yourself, you are going to shell out $150-250 for either a new board or repairs. You have to take that in account so by the time you are done, you are not into the game for $1000+

#7 8 years ago

I've passed on working xenon's at $600 with playfield wear before. It is a great game but non working I couldn't go over $400 on it. It would be tough at that

#8 8 years ago

thanks for all the feedback.

#9 8 years ago

If you can find an overlay, this game looks pretty good with an overlay but it's a big job to install it. It'll never look super nice but it'll be an 8/10 if you sand the art off the playfield before you install the overlay, too.

#10 8 years ago

ive got an overlay or 2 laying around if ya go that route

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd have to say this is really off base, I would venture over a hundred people - including myself - would pay at least twice this for a complete poor condition Xenon.

I agree:

Quoted from too-many-pins:

$350 to $400 is likely the right price point considering not working and playfield wear.

#12 8 years ago

What they said...

I just got VERY lucky on a Xenon this week, I paid $200. MPU board is shot with the traditional acid damage. But the first owner had the foresight to put Mylar on it and it saved the play field. It clearly had not seen much play. All original parts, even the boards had matching numbers. (I did not know this, but each board had a sticker that matched the production number stamped on the side of the machine....never seen this before, I don't know if they did this on all Bally pins.)

Perfect back glass.

Not even a hint of mouse pee

This was a good find so I was looking to brag on it anyway. Sometimes you get lucky.

IMG_1682.jpgIMG_1682.jpg
IMG_1683.jpgIMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1684.jpgIMG_1684.jpg

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

What they said...
I just got VERY lucky on a Xenon this week, I paid $200. MPU board is shot with the traditional acid damage. But the first owner had the foresight to put Mylar on it and it saved the play field. It clearly had not seen much play. All original parts, even the boards had matching numbers. (I did not know this, but each board had a sticker that matched the production number stamped on the side of the machine....never seen this before, I don't know if they did this on all Bally pins.)
Perfect back glass.
Not even a hit of mouse pee
This was a good find so I was looking to brag on it anyway. Sometimes you get lucky.
IMG_1682.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg

So.... You want to make a quick $100. Lol. Congrats on the find

#14 8 years ago

Hell yeah. Minty backglass on this title alone is well worth the price, and the playfield looks nice too. The MPU board is repairable if you have the skill and patence. I would have paid double, cash, in a heartbeat if that were by me. You got a deal, love & cherish that baby!!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

+1 This thing sounds like a parts machine at best , who knows how bad the boards are or what is burnt ? do the displays work ?

I say $150 is a bit much.

Brian

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Bribo13:

+1 This thing sounds like a parts machine at best , who knows how bad the boards are or what is burnt ? do the displays work ?
I say $150 is a bit much.
Brian

This just my opinion, but I would buy almost any solid state machine for $150. A lot of folks are doing virtual pinball machines, so the box will usually bring $75. Re-flow your displays and half will usually work. even untest boards bring a bit on ebay, so will plastics.

I am not in to harvesting parts machine. But it seems I am always upgrading some part or another on some other machine.

#17 8 years ago

Unfortunately, I can't find machines like this in my area. People would ask a ridiculous price like a grand for it. Or more like this FG with worn playfield

cleveland.craigslist.org link

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

This just my opinion, but I would buy almost any solid state machine for $150. A lot of folks are doing virtual pinball machines, so the box will usually bring $75. Re-flow your displays and half will usually work. even untest boards bring a bit on ebay, so will plastics.
I am not in to harvesting parts machine. But it seems I am always upgrading some part or another on some other machine.

$150 maybe. I had a fully working laserball. Decent backglass and not much playfield wear, and I took a hit on it for $230. I paid $150, and had $250 into it after having the boards fixed. So not every game is worth $150

#19 8 years ago

Xenons working fetch around $1K here, more if they have nice playfields and backglass. Buying one at $200, about the purchase price of a nice glass is a no brainer IMO Even if the mainboard would need replaced. Often they can be fixed for 15 bucks in parts. You all think he overpaid and I would have drove speeding with my $400 cash and my van to pick this up if it were near me

#20 8 years ago

he didn't over pay, I was saying not every early SS pin is worth $150. Xenon is more valuable than some of the shitty ones.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he didn't over pay, I was saying not every early SS pin is worth $150. Xenon is more valuable than some of the shitty ones.

Note to self. Don't key while drinking. He certainly did not overpay. Misguided jealousy on my part. I'm just someone who would pay a lot more for this pin in this condition, I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-price-check-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.