IMG_20150723_153017.jpg
IMG_20150627_181537.jpg
xenon_sm.jpg
xe2.png
xe.png
IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0768.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BJM-Maxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am fixing op a Xenon with some sections of the playfield that are down to the wood and inserts with text all missing and someone used markers to redraw things. Scans are ideal of course but if anyone can take some up close camera shots of their playfield I would really appreciate it. I am looking for the following areas:

- The central alien lady first, on mine the mouth and chin are wiped away and the text on her lower neck
- Mota Wheel area, on mine the inserts are chewed up pretty badly
- The lower Xenon bonus circle, on mine the woman's rear and below is missing
- Drop target areas, small areas around the inserts are gone.

I took these photos with an iPhone which works fine if you light it carefully to avoid glare.

Thanks,

IMG_0768.jpgIMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0771.jpgIMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0770.jpgIMG_0770.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I have found several people who were all able to give me copies of some scanned and repaired artwork. In the end they were all from the same single source. Whoever had done it saved it as a jpg so there are a lot of artifacts from doing that. Also a lot of the small details just went missing. I am using it as a base but I want to the main visible areas as vector art.

Does your Xenon have any detail where mine is missing?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you wanted to be sneaky, you could open up the .rez file for Xenon in the Pinball Arcade, that table is an amazingly detailed scan if you do the tour of it.
You would need a program like lithrez.exe or dragon unpacker to extract.
http://en.www.elberethzone.net/dragon-unpacker.html

Of course I have that game, but on my iPad. Not sure how to get at the content. Is Pinball Arcade available on PC as well, never checked.

Also Thanks for posting those photos.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Riptor:

I have this pic I found on the net. The web site was offering a high res scan but you had to donate to the site to download it. Google around and see if you can find it.

xenon_sm.jpg

That looks like the IPDB image. I found a place called Pinball Magic that looks like an online store. Over several months of trying they do not respond to phone calls or emails. Is that the place you mean?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you wanted to be sneaky, you could open up the .rez file for Xenon in the Pinball Arcade, that table is an amazingly detailed scan if you do the tour of it.
You would need a program like lithrez.exe or dragon unpacker to extract.
http://en.www.elberethzone.net/dragon-unpacker.html

I downloaded Pinball Arcade for my PC and wow it is a 6.7 GB download! The reason is you download every table all at once even if you have not bought any. I guess they are enabled when you buy each table. I found the .rezfile for Xenon and tried to open it with dragon unpacker and no luck. It has a program in it called Hyperripper that is supposed to look inside files and find standardized data even without known file extensions. It looked into the Xenon file and found three files in it but there does not seem to be a way to open them or view them.

Any chance someone has tried this before?

#15 8 years ago

Hmm, I did those things when I tried it. I got three files from the TXenon file and it did not appear to want to work. I am now on the wrong continent from my computer so will have to wait a few days to try again.

4 years later
#19 4 years ago

I can get you that area but you will have to wait a few days as I am away from my computer for a while.
I had to the same repair and made a custom decal for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BJM-Maxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-playfield-photos-or-scans-please?tu=BJM-Maxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.