Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190723_223137 (resized).jpg
Xenon_Speakers1.jpg
20190723_093526 (resized).jpg
20190723_231629 (resized).jpg
20190723_231639 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EdHess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago

Just noticing the original idc connector, what appears to be original caps except for one, same for pots, and the corrosion on the rom legs, for starters. From what i’ve Read all this stuff is swapped out in the normal course of fixing sound issues.

1 week later
#48 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

AY-3-8910 is obsolete so you may be looking at a donor board or the gray market.

This is totally not true! I bought one from Marco 2 weeks ago. In fact somebody goofed in shipping. When it arrived there was a 2nd one on top of the first. Not realizing but wondering why it was so thick, I pushed it into the socket. Then I realized the legs on the 2nd where pinching it to the first. Pryed it off. So I have a spare. If you want it or Marco doesn’t have anymore let me know. But they are still available and not obsolete unless i just got lucky. But still showing in stock

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Ay3-8910

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

That is nice Marco sells them but that does not change the obsolete status of the part. Obsolete = no longer manufacture . I would guess GI discontinued production 10+ years ago. $14 @ marco vs a used pull for a $1.... I'd rather get 10 used pulls from eBay and take my chances that there that most to all I get will be working.... buts that is me. No gaurantee listed the that Marco will send you a new part. Since you mention the chip was stacked two tall is a common way they are packed in bulk coming Chiina. They might be reselling used pulls too with a 1000% markup.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889808983.html
$6.20 shipped for the 10pcs of the File slot machine clone part. Drop in replacement.

I understand what you are saying. Just trying to help a brother out here. Personally i could care less where they came from so long as they work since parts for these I would imagine get harder and harder to find as years pass. I mean these Xenon machines are like 40 years old. Heck I’m an old perverted fart at 62 that bought a pos Xenon and made it like new for 2 reasons only. One I like the artwork and two, I read somebody said: “Xenon has the best ass in pinball” You cant go wrong with that! Lol

2 weeks later
#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Finally got my new sound chip in today. Plugged it in and still have nothing. I plan to install the new caps soon, could the caps be the answer? Thanks...

They could be. Just you know you could simply send the board to jj44114 who has responded in this thread. he can rebuild the whole thing and have it back to you in a week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 10.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EdHess.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-no-soundhelp-appreciated-?tu=EdHess and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.