Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

xenon_cap.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Well, my Xenon is finally fixed! Thanks for all the help you guys. I had multiple problems. The mpu board was going. The machine kept re-setting. The new Alltek Board fixed that. 2 connectors had to be re-pinned. The coin door volume control had to be replaced. And finally...the BIG problem...the loud hum. (see pic) The capacitor on that top right hand board thingy was replaced and the hum is gone! Life is good!

xenon_cap.jpg

#2 8 years ago

thank you, good information!

#3 8 years ago

Good - nothing like getting back to 100% working
enjoy it

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

#5 8 years ago

Great work. Thanks for sharing!

7 years later
#6 67 days ago

My Xenon has been humming lately too. I've checked the ground braid....checked the cab over and nothing touching things that shouldn't be from what I can see. Would you guys recommend changing that cap in mine? If so does anyone know where I can order one? Sorry to be a pain...still learning....

Oh...so the odd thing is that the hum is there when you start...but I walked away for 10 minutes and came back and it was gone. Could it be that the transiter is heating up?

#7 64 days ago

Have you tried messing with the volume pots on the sound board? Sometimes if those are 'dirty' they will hum and you can move them a little back and forth and the hum will go away.

If you are familiar with soldering, I would suggest changing that cap anyway though if it is still the original.

#8 63 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you tried messing with the volume pots on the sound board? Sometimes if those are 'dirty' they will hum and you can move them a little back and forth and the hum will go away.
If you are familiar with soldering, I would suggest changing that cap anyway though if it is still the original.

Thanks for the advice sir. I messed around with stuff a little and I haven't heard the hum in a few days. If it comes back I'll use some contact cleaner and clean the pot....and worst case I guess change the cap. Thanks for the tips.

1 month later
#9 15 days ago

So my hum came back. Anyone know where I can order the replacement cap pictured in that first post?

#10 9 days ago

If its a radial type (both legs are on the bottom) you can buy a 15000uF/25V or 35V capacitor. If its the axial type (legs are on each end) you can buy a 150uF/350V capacitor. Both these can be purchased from Great Plains Electronics or Big Daddy.

#11 9 days ago
Quoted from tait316:

So my hum came back. Anyone know where I can order the replacement cap pictured in that first post?

PM spfxted as he had replaced his as he stated at the start, he can help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside