• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210217_200542 (resized).jpg
20210215_233152 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Having some issues with my Xenon and was hoping to get some direction on what to look at first.
Wasn't sure if the A5 board is bad but I cant seem to get the lights for my shots to illuminate.

The issue first happen after I remedied a problem I was having with my game not recognizing my ball in the through after multiball was activated. lifted the playfield ect, but in the end removing the balls and running test mode fix the issue itself.

However, now the lights will not light except for what you see in the picture. I went into the self test mode when I took the picture and nothing was flashing and only the lights shown are lit up. Not sure what to check at this point. They were just working a few minutes earlier.

Any help would be appreciated.

20210215_233152 (resized).jpg20210215_233152 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

It doesn't look to me that the game is fully booted and going into attract mode... If you open the backbox and look at the board in the upper left - you will see a LED that flashes on/off when you turn the game on. Please count the flashes and let us know how many you see.

#3 3 years ago

Your game is not booting. A likely candidate is a blown fuse on the rectifier board: Blown 43v fuse would only give you 6 flashes, or if it's the 12v, you would get no power to the MPU at all.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

It doesn't look to me that the game is fully booted and going into attract mode... If you open the backbox and look at the board in the upper left - you will see a LED that flashes on/off when you turn the game on. Please count the flashes and let us know how many you see.

The light flashes once, then flashes 6 more times. The game makes sounds and plays but the lights around the backglass and the lights for the shots do not come on. The sound works also.

#5 3 years ago

Also the score and numbers do work. This pic was taken in Self test mode on lamp test.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Dude:

Your game is not booting. A likely candidate is a blown fuse on the rectifier board: Blown 43v fuse would only give you 6 flashes, or if it's the 12v, you would get no power to the MPU at all.

When I boot the game it does flash once and pauses for millisecond then flashes 6 more times.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

The game makes sounds and plays but the lights around the backglass and the lights for the shots do not come on. The sound works also.

Do you mean none of the controlled lamps on the playfield work now, or just some of them?

#8 3 years ago

Is the top left connector on the lamp board connected correctly?

Yves

#9 3 years ago

Controlled lamp fuse could be blown if the game is booting and you have no controlled playfield lamps or the chasers around the head. Maybe something shorted when you lifted the playfield if the game was on when you were working on the ball trough?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcane:

Is the top left connector on the lamp board connected correctly?
Yves

Yes, I check it to be sure and still no dice.

Quoted from Xenon75:

Controlled lamp fuse could be blown if the game is booting and you have no controlled playfield lamps or the chasers around the head. Maybe something shorted when you lifted the playfield if the game was on when you were working on the ball trough?

Yes I did have the game on when I lifted the playfield? I'm not sure which fuse is for the lamps?

#11 3 years ago

I just check the only spot I know of with fuses and I'm not sure where F1 goes but it looks blown.

20210217_200542 (resized).jpg20210217_200542 (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I just check the only spot I know of with fuses and I'm not sure where F1 goes but it looks blown.
[quoted image]

We have a winner! download the manual, make sure you put the right amperage fuse in. also that F3 fuse looks...well, I've never seen one like that so maybe it's ok, but I'd replace it too.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

[quoted image]

Yes that is blown. Need a 20 amp fast blow. That controls feature lamps.

#14 3 years ago

Check them all. F1 20 amp fast blow, F2 3/4 amp slow, F3 4 amp fast, F4 5 amp fast, F5 20 amp fast.

#15 3 years ago

That fixed it! Thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it. Going to replace the other questionable fuses also. Thanks again.

#16 3 years ago

Nice work! Definitely be sure to replace that fuse at F3--that's an MDL fuse aka "slow blow" style fuse and it should *not* be there. You need a regular AGC "fast blow" style fuse for that one. Here's what i would recommend for that one: https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3AG-F-4

They carry all the different fuses you'll need for the game. It's *very* important to have the correct fuses installed, because the game can fry electronics or even catch fire if it malfunctions just the wrong way and the fuse isn't cutting it off as designed. The physical size of the fuses is 1+1/4" length which is commonly labeled "3AG". I mention that because they come in shorter sizes as well, and they won't fit.

Also check the fuse under the playfield near the flippers, should be a 1 amp slow blow/MDL fuse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-help?hl=arcane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.