Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chippe01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2529-2.jpg
IMG_2531-2.jpg
IMG_1312 (resized).JPG
IMG_1311 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippe01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I was playing my Xenon this morning, and having a pretty decent game. On the last ball, I got multi-ball. One ball drained, just as I shot the other ball through the tube. It seems the tube ball dropped in the kickout hole at the exact moment the drained ball was ejected to the "waiting area" in the trough. The ball never kicked out of the hole. I had to turn the game off to recover. I got it on video ...

#3 3 years ago

I forgot to mention, I also have the Alltek MPU in my machine. This is the first I have seen this problem, and I'm thinking it probably will never happen again as the timing was exact when the ball dropped into the exit chamber kickout hole and the drained ball kicked out of the first hold area.

I need to find a way to disable the coin door shutoff so when these things happen I don't lose my game. I can't tell you how many times I lost games because a ball got stuck just past the tube switch.

#5 3 years ago

Hi. Thanks for the reply. It's not the slam tilt, there was a switch installed that shuts the power to the game when the coin door is opened.

There was a latch added to the coin door which pushes the switch closed when the coin door is fully closed. It's not just a matter of two wires to complete a circuit. There are four wires attached to the switch and I don't want to just cut the wires as I'm not sure what goes where.

I've never had issues with the ball trough or the exit chamber kickout. I'm thinking due to the exact timing of both things happening at the exact same moment, the software went screwy. I am going to try to manually recreate this scenario to see if it happens again.

IMG_2531-2.jpg

IMG_2529-2.jpg

#7 3 years ago

As for my issue, this seems to be a definite bug. I was able to recreate this several times with the glass off. When the ball kicked out of the lower part of the trough at the exact moment the other ball fell into the exit chamber kickout hole, the exit chamber did not score or advance, and the ball did not kick out. It just sat in the hole with the background music playing. I wonder if it's an issue with the Alltek board, or if it happens on an original MPU as well?

Also, I pulled off the cutoff switch, and there are 4 wires attached. a blue wire and a brown wire, which goes to the line filter, and a black wire and a white wire, which appears to go to the service outlet in the bottom of the cabinet. I was able to jam the button down with an allen wrench to hold the button in, then I placed a screw across the opening on both tabs. I would like to take the switch completely off, however. Maybe I can Crazy Glue the button in?

#10 3 years ago

Thank you, chas10e.

Quoted from chas10e:

however I did notice the coin lock-out solonoid fired the same time the saucers fired with the Alltek board

That's funny, because I notice the coin lockout activates several times during game play, such as just before the bonus starts to count down. I hear the little click coming from the coin door. It happens other times as well.

I should have clarified that the ball has to kick out of the lower part of the trough exactly as the other ball falls in the exit saucer. I updated my previous post to reflect this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippe01.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside