Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chippe01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2529-2.jpg
IMG_2531-2.jpg
IMG_1312 (resized).JPG
IMG_1311 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

the "coin door shutoff" I am guessing is the slam switch, does it reset the entire game ? many things can be done to disable this mostly spread the contacts so far apart it will never engage unless you expect people to be kicking the front of your table

my guess is the contacts for the left saucer didn't register this one time, guessing slightly dirty contact a peice of paper pulled through while closed should do it, DO NOT use a file

IMG_1311 (resized).JPG

IMG_1312 (resized).JPG

#6 3 years ago

my guess the two pairs of wires come from and back to the toggle switch on the bottom of the table.

maybe cinch a ty-wrap around the whole thing so the button stays closed

Quoted from mappy_mouse:

I have a similar problem with my Xenon, mine will also sometimes when the ball drains, kick out both balls into the shooter lane, I'm running the Alltek MPU and have wondered if that is the issue, but cant seem to find anything else wrong. (sorry not trying to hijack your post just thought I would let you know of another Xenon that is doing the same/similar thing.) I have just put up with it as it still plays well.

my guess here is a mis-adjusted or sticky ball gate just inside the shooter lane is allowing both balls to slip though

this old post may shed some light on both issues as well:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/80s-bally-ball-delivery-area-switch-xenon#post-1114514

#8 3 years ago

setting up multiball and dropping both balls so they land in the outhole & the left saucer at the same time .... first I tried with my original MPU and balls kicked out as they should and then I tried same with an Alltek and balls kicked out the same.

Some reason when I put in the Alltek board the sound was acting up on me and returned fine when I reverted back to the original board so that was the end of the exercise for the evening

however I did notice the coin lock-out solonoid fired the same time the saucers fired with the Alltek board

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
$ 149.00
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside