IMG_0222 (resized).JPG
IMG_0140 (resized).JPG
IMG_0111 (resized).JPG
IMG_0109 (resized).JPG
IMG_0107 (resized).JPG
IMG_0100 (resized).JPG
IMG_0097 (resized).JPG
IMG_0095 (resized).JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

My Xenon garage find this week. Fired up after I put it back together too!

Nothing wrong with a little wear, as long as everything works as it should. Love the early SS Bally pins!

#52 7 years ago

How much for one of your Xenon posters ? I just started bringing my Xenon back to life. Been in family for 20 some years but in storage the last 15 years. Having some boards rebuilt. Replacing MPU with new etc...
Let me know if you want to part with one.
Thanks !

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Nothing wrong with a little wear, as long as everything works as it should. Love the early SS Bally pins!

Did I mention it was given to me for free?

1 month later
#54 6 years ago

Finally finished. Replaced all the rubber and the rubber caps for the plastics. Got a playfield protector from frank in Germany to protect the almost pristine playfield paint. (still hoping they will do one for my strikes and spares...are you listening frank??!!)

Played it for the first time today. So much fun!!

IMG_0271 (resized).JPGIMG_0271 (resized).JPG

IMG_0284 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPG

IMG_0287 (resized).JPGIMG_0287 (resized).JPG

IMG_0300 (resized).JPGIMG_0300 (resized).JPG

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-player:

Finally finished. Replaced all the rubber and the rubber caps for the plastics. Got a playfield protector from frank in Germany to protect the almost pristine playfield paint. (still hoping they will do one for my strikes and spares...are you listening frank??!!)
Played it for the first time today. So much fun!!

Those playfield protectors are perfect for projects such as this. Nice playfield, with maybe a few sunken inserts.
I used one on my Old Chicago that was in similar condition, love it.

#56 6 years ago

Congrats on that Xenon!! ...she's a beauty.

#57 6 years ago

Congrats! But the last picture looks like something from the Twilight Zone. Where an acquired, innocent pinball machine takes over a family’s life. Oh wait what was I thinking?

#58 6 years ago

The wife thinks now that I finished the Xenon that her car can go back in the garage. Guess she forgot the strikes and spares hiding under the drop cloth in the pic waiting its turn to take over the entire garage. Sorry BMW, relegated to the driveway for a few months more!

#59 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Xenon Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “Selling my xenon that was a garage find that I posted on the forum (see link below). Will include the original full-size advertising poster that I found inside the machine that is...”
2019-01-12
Boiling Springs, SC
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 1966 times
Now that I have it completed I listed it on the market. See ad here

#60 6 years ago

Wow, you did not keep it for long.....

I love my XENON and had it for the last 14 years.

Yves

#61 6 years ago

You said you had to get rid of strikes and spares before you presented Xenon to your wife. Was she really tricked by just putting a towel over S and S?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

You said you had to get rid of strikes and spares before you presented Xenon to your wife. Was she really tricked by just putting a towel over S and S?

I always just use my good old "cloak of invisibility" - a nasty looking old blanket that I know she would be afraid to touch.

#63 6 years ago

I was fortunate to have found 3 strikes and spares over the past 2 years that needed to be redone. I normally take about 6 months to repaint the cabinet and refinish the rest of the machine to get it back to almost new condition. When I get one done I keep it downstairs in the basement "man cave" to play while I work on the next one. Sold the first two S&S after finishing them and had just done the teardown of the 3rd S&S when I lucked into the xenon. I had to put work on the 3rd S&S on hold while I grabbed the xenon (like who can blame me since it was so pristine!!).

Unfortunately we are moving from DC to SC this summer so need to sell the xenon and finish S&S #3 soon so we aren't moving them.

#64 6 years ago

Hope you find SC to your liking. Upstate is the best.

1 year later
#65 5 years ago

If you'd like to play this beauty, it is now located at the Roanoke Pinball Museum.

Big thanks to Tommy-player for giving us consideration to purchase it. Your game will be loved by many. Guaranteed not to languish in a storage unit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-garage-find/page/2?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.