Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191112_053817_resized (resized).jpg
96C15D37-D1AB-437B-8A8D-76E423D91E54 (resized).jpeg
589152A6-4A7E-45FC-9DD9-3B88F75A60CD (resized).jpeg
20191005_163252_resized_2 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I recently picked up a Bally Xenon pinball machine. The front backglass was missing. Is this backglass just a clear backglass? If it's a special glass, does anyone have any info on where I can purchase one?

#2 4 years ago

Try Mayfair amusements. I’ll take a pic to show difference. If I remember it’s etched or screened.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Try Mayfair amusements. I’ll take a pic to show difference. If I remember it’s etched or screened.

Pretty sure it has a shadow or tint mask in the shape of the figures in the backglass, I'll try and take a picture tonight.

20191005_163252_resized_2 (resized).jpg20191005_163252_resized_2 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Look carefully. Those aren’t shadows. It’s the shadowing that is printed on the back glass. You can see the woman’s legs outline in one pic. Hope it helps.

589152A6-4A7E-45FC-9DD9-3B88F75A60CD (resized).jpeg589152A6-4A7E-45FC-9DD9-3B88F75A60CD (resized).jpeg96C15D37-D1AB-437B-8A8D-76E423D91E54 (resized).jpeg96C15D37-D1AB-437B-8A8D-76E423D91E54 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Look carefully. Those aren’t shadows. It’s the shadowing that is printed on the back glass. You can see the woman’s legs outline in one pic. Hope it helps.

That is what I said.

There is a shadow mask or tint mask (I have heard it called both)

#6 4 years ago

Thanks a bunch everyone.

I used to have this title ages ago...but vaguely remember that the front glass isn't totally clear.

I've reached out to Mayfair.

They're going to fix me right up.

#7 4 years ago

Now I'm trying to remember the pinsider that sells the Bally lift channel....(he also sells coin door trim, carriage bolts, etc.).

#8 4 years ago

@gatecrasher might be who you are talking about
check https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-hardware-vids-review

#9 4 years ago

LOL......you're absolutely right....

I just hunted down his "sale flyer"

Thanks for the quick response.

#10 4 years ago

Gdonovan I did not see your post. You are correct.

#11 4 years ago

No problem. I'm in the process of doing a playfield swap on my Xenon so I'm preparing to reach out to Gatecrasher as well for my cabinet restore.

#12 4 years ago

In the process of ordering a new lift rim.

If I'm not mistaken, the Xenon front backglass would require the 1/8 lift channel, NOT the 3/16...correct?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Gdonovan I did not see your post. You are correct.

No worries!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

In the process of ordering a new lift rim.
If I'm not mistaken, the Xenon front backglass would require the 1/8 lift channel, NOT the 3/16...correct?

Should be correct. I just measured both of my outer backglasses and both are 1/8in.

#15 4 years ago

Thanks for the info.....

#16 4 years ago

If on a budget, could always pickup some glass from Lowes for about $20 and they will even cut to size for you. Some light window tint, a little razor work.. presto.

#17 4 years ago

I need to look at mine to know for sure, but...doesn't that outer backglass just slip into the back of the frame and has latches that hold it in?? I don't think it uses lift trim - neither of them do...

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I need to look at mine to know for sure, but...doesn't that outer backglass just slip into the back of the frame and has latches that hold it in?? I don't think it uses lift trim - neither of them do...

No lift trim.

Edit; yes it does have trim.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No it has lift trim.

That was all that was left of the front backglass when I bought the machine.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

No it has lift trim.
That was all that was left of the front backglass when I bought the machine.

You sir are correct! My apologies.

I didn't look close at it and ASSUMING it was like Black Hole (hinged door with glass secured from inside) there was no lift trim.. but I went out this morning and there is was. DOH!

20191112_053817_resized (resized).jpg20191112_053817_resized (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-front-backglass-info-needed?hl=jdissen87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.