Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Arcane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have an odd question for other Xenon owners. Does this countdown seem to fast?

I swear I've played other machines where the bonus countdown was slower. It's almost like the game is moving it too fast and you don't get all the sound you would normally. I think this may have something to do with my mpu being an Alltek board.

Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

That seems about right just make sure you don't have the alltek jumpered for the stern mpu200 speed.

Some of the earlier ballys' countdown speed seems REALLY slow, like Star Trek era. I like how bally sped it up on skateball era games.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

That seems about right just make sure you don't have the alltek jumpered for the stern mpu200 speed.
Some of the earlier ballys' countdown speed seems REALLY slow, like Star Trek era. I like how bally sped it up on skateball era games.

Hmmm...maybe it's not the speed...maybe it's the sound. In the videos other machines sound more "rustic" I dunno...there's something different and I can't be the only one that hears it. Anyone else out there have any input?

#4 3 years ago

Does your sounds plus board have a pitch/speed control? You can likely adjust it like you can with S&T boards. I had 2 EBD next to each other and one sounded the way I "remembered" and the other sounded SSSSLLLLOOOWWWW..... guess which one I sold?

#5 3 years ago

I've seen the Xenon bonus countdown both slower than that and faster than that. Personally I like it slower, so you can clearly hear each of the three notes for each bonus point.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I've seen the Xenon bonus countdown both slower than that and faster than that. Personally I like it slower, so you can clearly hear each of the three notes for each bonus point.

I wonder if there’s a way to slow it down. Might not be an option with the alltek.

#7 3 years ago

Looks okay to me, mine is all OG and pretty close to the same timing.

#8 3 years ago

Looks and sounds perfect to me.

Yves

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-counting-down-bonus-too-fast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.