Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider play_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1051 3 years ago

Anyone interested in a Hardtop at a discounted price? I picked one up under the auspices of getting a Xenon in the near future. 6 months and 3 opportunities have passed, so I'm just resigning this project as I read the adhesive has a 2-3 year shelf life. Still plenty of good time to get it applied but better to go to someone ready to use it.

1 month later
#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

See post #1051, a discounted hardtop for sale.

It’s funny. Since I made that post a few weeks ago I actually picked up a Xenon! That said, I still don’t need the hardtop because the pf I got is super nice. PM me if interested Var1AbL3

9F3F7861-F487-4699-8EBC-2E2B36B35779.jpeg9F3F7861-F487-4699-8EBC-2E2B36B35779.jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

Update: Hardtop is sold.

1 week later
#1075 2 years ago

Anyone know where to source the 2-3/4" #6 screws that hold the back ramp covers in place? Best I can find is 3" -- and only sold in a pack of 100 . I'd thought about converting it to a machine screw with a t-nut, but there's a pesky switch bracket right under there on the bottom of the playfield.

#1077 2 years ago

The one on top is the longest #6 I could find locally (and it has the wrong screw head)

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1085 2 years ago

This one is more typical of the original design. Not sure if the open ended one would hold the tube as well, but I could be wrong.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/040-5000-10

#1092 2 years ago

Dual question here:

1. Left side of the pic, my game appears to be missing this little cover. Anyone have a lead on one or a good picture of what one looks like to recreate it?

2. Anyone have some solid pics of the spacer posts behind here? I am pretty sure my ramp was put together wrong when I got it. And I may have mixed up my pieces, so who knows what goes where at this point? I sure don't!

(pic borrowed from earlier in the thread)

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.07.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-09 at 2.07.38 PM (resized).png
#1094 2 years ago

Cool, I think I have an idea how to recreate that missing bar if it's just that.

Right, but which spacers go where? One of mine was doubled-up for a really really long screw that I ultimately don't know to be original or necessary. Maybe worth noting that my LED strip and its mounts were completely missing so I'm kind of attacking it without firsthand experience.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Bottom to top
Note: Search the photo morgue of this club for pictures of area of interests.

I always do this when in need. I couldn’t discern this particular area as most pics are from the standard player view. Thanks for the notes. I’m gonna have to find the felt/fabric covering as that’s missing on mine too.

#1098 2 years ago

Well one problem solved. I took a ball gate, snipped one end off, rounded the corners with a dremel, and drilled a hole. Looks good to my eyes.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.56.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.56.36 PM (resized).png
#1102 2 years ago

I missed that post in my digging. Thanks for linking chas10e

1 month later
#1145 2 years ago

Trying to iron out the bugs in my Xenon project. Got it mostly going but have a couple items I could use some pointers on.

1. - The background sounds drop out after hitting the pops.

2. - Draining a single ball during multiball ends the ball in play.

1 week later
#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Buy a bag of 100 caps for a dollar, you will need them with classic Bally....

Link for that price, please

#1165 2 years ago

I assume these are compatible with classic Stern games too?

2 weeks later
#1213 2 years ago

I'm the first to admit I don't have an electronics background and I get that electrons are pretty dang small. These caps I just got in the mail just seem so much smaller than I anticipated. These are correct?
09D26DC8-B6F5-445C-810B-E6AEC66A4EB6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg09D26DC8-B6F5-445C-810B-E6AEC66A4EB6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

I swear I don't look like this...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#1233 2 years ago

The posts on mine were possibly clear at one point but they were all so yellowed with age they had a deep smokey hue to them. I replaced them with clear, it looks great and helps with the illumination of the game.

1 month later
#1297 2 years ago

Still trying to resolve my game’s inability to keep track of multiball. All my switches seem to be working and reacting as they’re supposed to. Just repinned my connectors too. Edit: I should note I am running Alltek MPU and SDB.

Also curious why the background sounds drop out after a pop bumper fires. They will resume either on the next ball, or after shooting the tube shot.

#1299 2 years ago

I took a video to show what it’s doing. I tested all three trough switches and they seem to know their job and have appropriate connectivity.

It seems like it’s triggering multiball too early because when I actually got the multiball callouts in this video, it tracked multiball. Otherwise it’s flashing the “releases captive ball when lit” insert and launching the ball, but not accurately starting multiball.

#1300 2 years ago

Aaaaand my buddy caseydanger figured it out for me. I had a bad gap on the switch before the saucer on the tube shot. Adjusted and both problems are gone!

#1303 2 years ago

Redid my ball guides, like dothedoo did. Need to do the left one again, not happy with the result but didn’t have any more wire on hand. Right side is great!

87149E60-4BFA-488F-B977-7EB6226D67C6.jpeg87149E60-4BFA-488F-B977-7EB6226D67C6.jpeg
1 week later
#1306 2 years ago

I can confirm, redoing the ball guides adds a ton of velocity and speed. Well worth the 30 minutes it took to make and replace them. Highly recommended!

2 weeks later
#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I was adjusting mine the other day wondering if there is a way to fit an opto there. That would be a sweet fix/mod

I wonder if Sonic could make a magnetic reed switch for it. Maybe more difficult with a metal ramp?

4 months later
#1483 2 years ago

I ended up having to sell mine at TPF to make space for other games, but I put LISY displays with red digits in it. Really looked great, imo.

DB21A5F4-9523-4344-B773-903048FF8357 (resized).jpegDB21A5F4-9523-4344-B773-903048FF8357 (resized).jpeg
#1486 2 years ago

Thanks, I wish I could’ve kept it since it was such a nice example. A pinsider ended up buying it.

I had originally put in blue displays. When I tested the red ones, I felt they looked better.

1 week later
#1517 2 years ago
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 2.07.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-15 at 2.07.43 PM (resized).png
10 months later
#1994 1 year ago

I installed those clear posts when I restored my old Xenon. Can’t find any pics better than this to show them but I thought it looked great fwiw.

5C265C53-23A5-4BE0-8E9C-795C35FDE287.jpeg5C265C53-23A5-4BE0-8E9C-795C35FDE287.jpeg
6 months later
#2114 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

Having an issue with Xenon. It's become common enough that I can't use the game in my tournaments. When there's a ball locked in the side saucer & the second ball is in play, the locked ball will randomly eject. This is not multiball play & if one ball drains, it ends the ball & moves on to the next ball (ie, moves from ball 2 to ball 3). I can't duplicate the issue by banging on the playfield or triggering the pops & slings. It just seems completely random. All four pop bumper switches have had the diodes & caps removed long before I got the game, but that hasn't been a problem. This ball release problem is recent, but it's gotten progressively more frequent. Any ideas?

I had a similar issue on my first Xenon. It was the rollover switch just before the saucer (as you exit the tube shot) being flaky.

4 weeks later
#2129 6 months ago

I am having some light fuzz / noise coming through my speakers and I can't seem to figure out where it is originating. The sound board has been rebuilt with new caps and pots, so I assumed it was the coin door pot. Swapped that and the noise is still there. The noise doesn't seem to persist with the coin door disconnected, so I assumed there was a short somewhere in the door. I plugged in the coin door from my EBDLE, which does not have any sound issues, and the noise is still there. I thought perhaps it was the speaker then, so I popped in a new speaker (just test fit a single 8ohm in place of the dual 8ohm speakers in my cabinet) and the noise is STILL THERE! I've also recrimped all the connectors in the backbox. Anyone have any tips where to check?

The sounds all still work fine, but when the game is not in play it sounds like someone crumpling paper.

#2131 6 months ago

I’ll give that a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

#2133 6 months ago

Original plasma displays and the coin door lockout coil has been disconnected, but thank you for the suggestions!

#2136 6 months ago

Well I’m a dummy. I thought I’d repinned the sound board connectors because I’d done a ton of repinning but I hadn’t. Fuzziness is fixed!

1 month later
#2182 5 months ago

The first color is the primary color and the second color is the stripe. 19 would be red-gray. 81 would be black-red.

#2189 5 months ago

I traded my Xenon to a non-pinhead a few days ago (for his South Park that conveyed with the house when he bought it). Xenon was the game he had tons of memories playing as a kid.

It was playing great when I left, coining up just fine. Today he went to add more credits and the switch that was bent to make adding credits by hand easier is now triggering the slam tilt. I plan to go get this resolved for him sometime. FaceTimed with him and fortunately the middle switch is still adding credits correctly so he’ll have his game playing for his thanksgiving gathering. Never had a game do this before. What could’ve gotten squirrelly in here?

#2194 5 months ago
Quoted from Quench:

Any stuck switches in switch test mode?

Thanks, I would've not thought to check that. I'll have to get out there at some point in the coming weeks. He lives about an hour away in the hill country. I had drive about a mile down a bumpy dirt road and across two dry creek beds to get to his house. I was nervous where GoogleMaps was taking me the first time but when I got there it was a big gated house with a full size basketball court, nice swimming pool, etc.

Short of anything, I last-minute swapped in an Alltek MPU before handing it off to him. I should've done it to begin with but I'll set it to free play when I get back out there. I would still prefer to find and fix the problem, of course.

2 weeks later
#2201 4 months ago

More antics from the Xenon I traded to a non-pinhead a few weeks ago (so I don't have it handy to do quick checking on things). A few days after I delivered it, it started doing 4-ball play. He thought he was just winning EBs every time. I had to go out and adjust a couple other things for him. I messed with dipswitches 31 and 32 on the Alltek board installed. I could only get 2 balls per game or 4 balls per game to work, so I figured something was up with dipswitch 32.

I grabbed another Alltek board I had with me and put it in. First two games, 3 balls per game. Then it went to 4 balls per game. Put another 10 or so games through and still 4 balls per game. What is up here? I have already repinned all the .156 and .100 connectors, but not the molex interconnects. Do I have a flakey connection somewhere? Where?

FWIW, I brought home the original offending Alltek and put it into my EBDLE and was getting 3 balls per game as set on the dips.

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 10.09.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-12-04 at 10.09.14 AM (resized).png
#2207 4 months ago

As far as I remember the game was playing 100% as intended and counting down the bonus after each ball. And I hadn't rebooted the game when it switched from 3-ball to 4-ball play. First couple plays it was in 3-ball, then just started counting to 4 every game. Same behavior on both Allteks. Maybe it is worth noting that the ball-in-play display follows correctly to ball 4 (or just 2, depending on dip 31's setting)? As far as changing the dips, I always did that with the game off.

#2209 4 months ago

Well luckily the guy doesn't really mind it being on 4-ball, but I am still really curious what could cause it. Oh well!

#2213 4 months ago

Extra balls don't count up on the display though, right? And it wouldn't explain 2-ball play when Dip32 is set to "off". Meaning it does 2-ball play when the dips are set to 5-ball play.

Just super weird it's not specific to the MPU as it happened on two different ones.

#2215 4 months ago

Alltek boards with memory reset at install.

Well, one was an older Alltek with the battery pack but it had fresh lithium AA’s installed.

2 months later
#2245 55 days ago

The hardest part is getting all the various spacers and ridiculously long #6-32 screws in the right spots for the tube shot setup. Hopefully you have those screws because they were difficult to find. The heads on mine were stripped beyond use but thankfully Lovef2k hooked me up with a couple replacements he was able to find.

#2253 55 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Go in the electrical section at Menards, and they have 5" long 6-32 screws.
Cut them with your crimpers in the threaded 6-32 hole, so you don't mess up the threads:
[quoted image]
I love this photo, where the cutter says "Insert Screw This Side", and then they demonstrate by putting the screw in the backside....

For some reason in my memory they were 3 or 3.5" sheet metal screws, not machine screws. In my head there was no room underneath to add a t-nut. Been a couple years since that one...

Also, no Menards in Texas. Home Depot / Lowe's screw selection pretty much sucks. Don't know if they'd have those long boys anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider play_pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon?tu=play_pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.