Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230304_185226 (resized).jpg
20230304_185219 (resized).jpg
20230304_185136 (resized).jpg
IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alyssa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1229 2 years ago

New to the Xenon club!

Mine turns on ( some solid backglass+ playfield lights) but the game does not boot. I looked and the MPU it has (alltek) was not getting ANY power whatsoever. It actually has an Alltek solenoid driver board and newly repaired soundboards, so I think the only original boards left are the lamp driver and rectifier boards, both of which seem undamaged but dirty.

Checked the rectifier board underneath and the F3 fuse was blown.

Is there anything else I should consider ordering other than replacement fuses for the Xenon? It does need two posts for the outlanes on each side, but other than that I'm not sure what else would be smart to have on hand.

Thanks so much!!

#1244 2 years ago

Does anyone happen to know the sizing on these metal posts (in front of the ball guide wire) ? I cant seem to find an exact substitute.
Wondering if this would work as replacements : https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base-15430.html

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Did you play the record yet? I'm curious as to what is on it...

I follow Suzanne Ciani on social media and this was on the website she linked about it:

This disc presents the full extent of Suzanne Ciani’s groundbreaking musical effects for Xenon, in their isolated form, for the first time ever heard outside of the confines of the machine which recently earned the composer her own induction to the Pinball Expo Hall Of Fame.

https://finderskeepersrecords.bandcamp.com/album/xenon?fbclid=IwAR1EkL-IYwrDSyATkXoMxn462D-v43T8HHjeiTfSlH20OLijKe5p6BFELKA

1 week later
#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

Wow! You have game #8! (serial numbers start at 1000) That would have been a lab prototype game.

Wow, I didn't know that! I have game #1033 so I guess that would be game 33.

I now have my Xenon fully playable with the exception of the sound during gameplay. Pressing the red test button on the sounds plus board cycles through the vocals (so the speaker definitely works) and the sound setting is on mode #3.

Sound test from the coin door does not work.. at one point after messing with the sound settings I got one sound when the game boots up, but still no sound in gameplay. Trying to figure out what could be going on using the schematics but I'm stumped!

EDIT: I think it could have to do with one of the adjustment volume pot parts.. one controls volume while the other seems to do almost nothing.

1 week later
#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

It could be the volume pot. They are open to air so they dirty and oxidize. Try giving it a few full turns in each direction and if you atleast hear some sounds trying to play. GPE has a nice replacement for these that are enclosed to eliminate the problem. Do a voltage test on the test points and compare to pinwiki. There are 3 diodes on the bottom corner of the speech board that are notorious for overheating.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1GE7ZP1qZNe24nQe8

Status on the volume pots! Top one works, sounds come through loud and clear. The lower one seems to control some type of feedback and has no effect on the test sounds.

I noticed a few resistors on my solenoid driver board look swollen and burnt, but I also see the board has had some mods to it. Can anyone confirm these resistors look bad? Wouldn't want to replace the board if it turned out that it was fine and just the board itself looked bad from previous usage/damage.

Lastly...There is a solid yellow wire that had been broken and alligator clipped to connect to Ground, but it seems to have no effect on the game whether it is connected or not.. thoughts? It goes into the upper part of J3 on the solenoid driver board. Not sure if I'm looking at the correct thing here but it might be one of the unused wires.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#1346 2 years ago

My Xenon finally has sound in-game! Huge shout out to geeteoh for his replacement board. I was in a genuine state of shock after hearing just the startup sounds. lol!

It arrived quickly and came with its own instruction manual. The board also fits perfectly into the place where the Sounds plus board was once mounted.
Mine came programmed for an alternate background sound, but I have the "original" soundbank playing right now.

Posted about it here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/she-finally-speaks-well-moans-shout-out-to-jeff-geeteoh#post-6620677

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#1428 2 years ago

Another Xenon mystery.. When the pinball goes through the Xenon spinner, it's occasionally causing the turn to end or the game to restart. Is that a wiring problem? Tried searching the forums but haven't found related issues!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alyssa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon?tu=alyssa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.