• Latest reply 4 days ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 10.09.14 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

This switch is one finicky mofo. Any tips or tricks appreciated. I’ve been adjusting it for weeks. I replaced it with a new wire. Before, weak tube shots push back ok but fast ones would blast past the switch and wouldn’t activate. Now slow shots get trapped after the switch. I’ve been adjusting it and leveling the machine. Frustrating. Thanks all.
[quoted image]

Kderrick mrm_4 play_pinball Zablon

Yes we can - we can either use our universal ramp MRS right where the current switch is - IF the ramp is stainless right there (should be - need confirmation) OR we could put a tiny MRS on the tube that would fit the curve....it'd be rather simple....and no more hang ups!

matt
M&M Creations
"we don't touch your balls..."

#1381 2 years ago

So first steps...can someone take a magnet and confirm that the metal where that switch is, is indeed stainless steel...if so - then we have something already....check those riveted L brackets nearby and the metal switch 'covers' too - they look ferrous....otherwise - then confirm the O.D. (mm is best) of the tube...with that detail - we can modify what we have easily to fit the tube...

matt
M&M Creations

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

Sonic Ramp and covers are stainless/magnetic. Is O.D. Outside diameter or optical density?[quoted image]

You got it..O.D. is the outer diameter...so precisely 1.5"...good deal...now Kderrick I need to be clear (my bad)...true stainless is typically austentitic or NOT magnetic..(good)...then there is stainless steel that is ferritic or magnetic (bad)....so 3 things...ramp (magnetic or not), L brackets (magnetic or not) and switch cover (magnetic or not)....let me know on those...

Matt

#1386 2 years ago

Ahh...the hard road...shoot - wish that ramp was not magnetic...so tube it is....we'll sit down tomorrow and see what we can make...it'd be a short MRS that would adhere, length-wise, to the tube - you can put it anywhere on the tube...and you'd simply solder splice to the current switch wires...and that'd be it...I'll get back with everyone tomorrow to see what we can do....and, for those not familiar with our products - we are very up front and open that they are not cheap...they are $30/each....so just want to be transparent to folks that haven't seen or purchased our products over the last 2 years....but you won't find a Pinsider that felt we don't deliver the goods!

Matt
M&M Creations

#1388 2 years ago

Well, we got it done - we have an MRS replacement for the tube entrance ramp !! It is a small self-adhering MRS that can go anywhere on the tube you prefer. The wires are solder-splice to the existing switch wires (which you can remove as well as it's cover!)- pretty simple install. Just PM me to place an order!! I hope to get a few orders so we can get some feedback for other owners.

Thanks!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#1389 2 years ago

Some of you asked for pics of the MRS tube solution - here is a pic of the first 3 orders shipping today! Standard pinball for size reference....as you can see....small!

Matt
M&M Creations
"we don't touch your balls...."

IMG_20211203_094303 (resized).jpgIMG_20211203_094303 (resized).jpg
#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Sonic maybe you can post an illustration of where this is supposed to attach? I know you wanted tube measurements, its not clicking to me as to where this goes.
Thanks

The MRS appears flat - but it is curved - that curve (the pics don't show the adhesive that I applied as well) fits the curve of the tube - lengthwise....so you'll want to stick the MRS - as close to the tube entrance as you can - anywhere you feel on the tube it looks good aesthetically....but remember it can go anywhere, more or less, on the tube....make sense? Then you simply solder-splice the wires into the old switch wires - the polarity is agnostic....

Matt
M&M Creations

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yep that helps!
I’m thinking right above the plate on the back side.
[quoted image]

That's a good place - but you may not want those plates anymore after you remove the old switch - the first plate hides the switch - which you will remove - the second covers up a benign connector...so underneath the LED strip could be good too....but be cautious of getting too close to magnetic things - like those plates apparently are!

Matt

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

Will that work there since it will be above the ball when it passes through? You also don't want to mess up the switch cover as these are hard to find in nice condition.

You bet....that's the very nature of the MRS! It has about a 8mm range to it for detection....

Matt

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I’ll be tinkering with this after work![quoted image]

When you see the alcohol pad - you know it's about to get serious! Let us know...call with questions...I'm sure you get the idea and see that it can go in a few different places on the tube - so whatever works best - be sure to test before you stick!

Matt

#1401 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Ok I had some stuff come up so I wasn’t home all evening til now. I found you can’t go directly underneath because of clearance for the ball.
So I’m between 7 and 8 o’clock if the bottom of the tube is 6 o’clock.
Works like a charm! I’m keeping the metal covers on too.
[quoted image]
Sonic thanks for considering this idea
play_pinball thanks for thinking to ask Sonic

F'n great!!! Love it when a plan comes together....

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

8 months later
#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Has anyone verified or tried putting a switch made by M&M Creations where the tube shot is? mine is very intermittent and was thinking that It MIGHT work. Pic was from another user in this forum, just drew what it could potentially look like...think it would work? thanks
[quoted image]

Oh it works alrighty! mkdud just got one for his Xenon....he seemed pretty satisfied...

Matt

#1743 1 year ago

Built, and now curing until Sat morning my friend!

Matt

#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

Does anyone have a link to M & M Creations? I may have to go this route, if I can't figure out my switch error.

Just PM me....

Matt

#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

Could this possibly be tied-in with another switch, where the other switch(es) would not show up as an error? Does this switch require a diode? It didn't have one when I bought it. This is a project machine that I have been piddling with for years now.

It does... But it is not on the switch... The diode is off boarded

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from GKW:

Would you happen to have a picture that shows me what I need to be looking for?
I've noticed that the other switches of this type (trough, coin door) do not have a diode. If they all require diodes, where would those be located?
Pardon my ignorance! I still have much to learn about repair.

I'm traveling Greg... So limited abilities.... But if to trace the wires back you get to a small board on the bottom of the playfield... Small ... With a diode on it....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 10.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.