• Latest reply 6 days ago by legtod2
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1147 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1149 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 13-36-15 KAIWEETS KWS-105 5 in 1 Wire Stripping Tool Electrical Wire Pliers with Screw Cutter (resized)
WIN_20240213_155205 (resized).JPG
IMG_9722 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9499 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
20240131_182010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240127_194309288 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231208_043805742 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 10.09.14 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 5 years ago

Just a quick question, should the ball be able to run up the inlanes on Xenon? i.e. can you shatz it? I've recently fitted a cpr playfield to mine and the ball just rattles at the point where the 2 bars meet each other. Not a skill I've ever used but having been knocked out of a comp a few days ago on a Spiderman ( the old one! ) by a good player who was miles behind going into the last ball and just shatz his way to 5x playfield then demolished me I thought I should at least try to see if I can do it. I can but it just made me realise the bars don't meet well enough for it to happen on my Xenon.

IMG_20180829_122512475_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_122512475_HDR (resized).jpg
1 month later
#212 5 years ago

Silly question time, what do the pop bumpers score on xenon? The manual and the instructions in pinball arcade say 100 per hit, mine however are behaving very strangely, giving anything from 100 to 1600. Maybe a faulty diode somewhere?

2 months later
#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Silly question time, what do the pop bumpers score on xenon? The manual and the instructions in pinball arcade say 100 per hit, mine however are behaving very strangely, giving anything from 100 to 1600. Maybe a faulty diode somewhere?

Following on from my initial post, here's a vid of the scoring from pop bumper hits. I haven't been able to spend any time on it yet as its at a friends house not local to me. In the video you can see me activate the 4 pop bumpers, the first one scores 800 every time, 2nd and 3rd score 100 each correctly, and the 4th scores anything from 100 to over 1000. I'm pretty sure no other switches are being activated by vibration. I notice each switch has a diode and a capacitor on so I'm thinking ( hoping! ) they are causing the problem and it'll be as easy as replacing those. Anyone seen anything like this before?

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

The 4th pop bumper is scoring 800 points in the video like the first pop bumper.
A clue is that the two yellow standup targets on the left side each score 700 points so that's probably where the extra score is coming from. You'll need to work out if it's a vibration issue or switch matrix issue. First off, put a piece of paper between the contacts on both of those yellow target switch contacts to stop them activating and see what happens to the pop bumper scores.
The pop bumpers and those yellow targets all have capacitors on them, make sure none of the caps has broken a lead.

Thanks for the reply. In the video, yes, 800 for both but its just a short video, its not always 800. Good suggestion, I've just asked my friend to test your theory. Thanks.

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Don't forget to go into switch test mode and check each switch one by one. You'll need to remove both balls and reset the drop targets up before you start the test so that there's no closed switches. Activate each switch starting from the highest number working your way to the lowest number as they're identified in the Xenon manual. It's important that you do it in reverse order and note any incorrect readings.

Thanks very much for the info, my friend has confirmed one of the yellow standups was very sensitive and has adjusted it. Strange we didn't find this before as he had previously tried the thump the playfield method and not found the dodgy switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Durham, NH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-clubmembers-onlytry-xeeeenon?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.